Shrek

When you hear that crunch ....🤦‍♂️
« on: April 16, 2018, 05:28:54 pm »
Was closing a window today when I heard this almighty CRUNCH , was me 3rd slx section 😅, Iv ordered a new 1 but for now iv put my clx 3rd section in to replace it for tomorrow’s jobs- seems to fit ok .
Has anyone else done this as a temporary measure- was it ok using it like that for a day?

Cheers 👍

nathankaye

Re: When you hear that crunch ....🤦‍♂️
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2018, 05:51:56 pm »
My 1st pole on my slx25 broke in half a while ago when it slipped and banged on a fence.
I stuck my 1st pole in from my phoenix v2 carbon pole and it works fine.
Its a stiffer carbon than the slx
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

dazmond

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2018, 06:04:49 pm »
ive never broke an SLX section...only xtreme sections(3 times! ::)roll).....i should think a CLX section would suffice until your new
 SLX section arrives shrek.... :)
price higher/work harder!

Shrek

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2018, 06:10:46 pm »
Thanks Nathan & daz 👍

nathankaye

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2018, 08:09:38 pm »
Not quite the same,  but......

When i first started n knew nothing about poles, i started with a carbon pole from purefreedom and a phoenix hybrid pole. I used the first section of the phoenix for something, cant think what as i never liked the hybrid compared to full carbon. I think i got the 27ft pole.
Anyways Ive started to use this pole with my trolley and its not bad without the flimsy first pole in. So i ordered the "e" section pole which came today  ;D 
This has got me thinking, as I also added another section to my slx and made it an slx 27 a while ago.
To stop some of these poles being a little wippy due to the smaller diameter of the first poles, is it worth buying an extra base poles to replace the first pole, so you retain the length of a pole without too much flex. Or to replace the middle pole which contributes to the flex of a pole at such a length with an extreme perhaps?
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

KS Cleaning

« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2018, 09:01:25 pm »

When i first started n knew nothing about poles, i started with a carbon pole from purefreedom and a phoenix hybrid pole. I used the first section of the phoenix for something, cant think what as i never liked the hybrid compared to full carbon. I think i got the 27ft pole.
Anyways Ive started to use this pole with my trolley and its not bad without the flimsy first pole in. So i ordered the "e" section pole which came today  ;D 
This has got me thinking, as I also added another section to my slx and made it an slx 27 a while ago.
To stop some of these poles being a little wippy due to the smaller diameter of the first poles, is it worth buying an extra base poles to replace the first pole, so you retain the length of a pole without too much flex. Or to replace the middle pole which contributes to the flex of a pole at such a length with an extreme perhaps?
You're over complicating it again!

nathankaye

« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2018, 09:05:18 pm »

You're over complicating it again!

Thinking outside of the box can lead to innovation
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

Stoots

« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2018, 09:41:07 pm »
I have an slx/clx hybrid. The sections are interchangeable .

Shrek

« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2018, 09:54:32 pm »
I have an slx/clx hybrid. The sections are interchangeable .

Thanks Adam , I weren’t to sure if it would have an effect on the other sections as the clx is heavier - hopefully it’ll only be for 1 day though

Shrek

« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2018, 03:51:01 pm »
My section 3 arrived - less than 24hrs after I ordered it . Happy days , thanks Gardiner pole systems  :)