Jakey boy

When your favourite customer moves...
« on: March 27, 2013, 07:40:54 pm »
One of my favourite customers is moving, £35 house, always pay, always nice, always tip at Christmas, and even pay £10 for their daughters tiny coach house down the road, which takes literally 5 minutes!

Really gutted!

Of course I hope to pick up the new owners, but there's always the risk they may say no, or bring there own window cleaner...

Hopefully they'll move locally and I'll clean there new house, but no guarantees there staying local...

Anyone else had this happen? It really is a sinking feeling when you see the for sake sign outside a great customers house!

SB Cleaning

Re: When your favourite customer moves...
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2013, 07:44:10 pm »
Yeah quite a few you'll get over it mate ;D

C o z y

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2013, 07:46:15 pm »
Yep, had some fantastic custies in the past that have moved or died. One of my older custies was over 85 and used to order cake from the local bakers for when I came to clean her windows. I used to leave her house till last job of the day and sit and drink coffee and stuff cake down my neck for more than twice the time it took to clean the windows.

An old German lady she was. Used to tell tales about the war time hardships etc. Wicked sense of humour even though she was German!!  ;D

Had a few really good custies and still have a few. Makes the job a hobby for a short time when I'm there.  ;)
No still don't understand, I must be thick

dazmond

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2013, 07:46:44 pm »
your round is built on shifting sand mate just like mine and everyone elses!!

same with everyone in your life.people come and people go.thats life!

dont take your work for granted!just enjoy it while it lasts!there will be another good customer around the corner for sure!! ;D ;D ;D ;D

best wishes

dazmond
price higher/work harder!

Jakey boy

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2013, 07:47:52 pm »
Yeah exactly, I've got a few similar custys, leaving them till end of day is defo essential, they can't half chat...

Dani J

« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2013, 09:18:13 pm »
your round is built on shifting sand mate just like mine and everyone elses!!

same with everyone in your life.people come and people go.thats life!

dont take your work for granted!just enjoy it while it lasts!there will be another good customer around the corner for sure!! ;D ;D ;D ;D

best wishes

So true Daz  :)
Great comment.

dazmond

MATT BATEMAN (OWC)

« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2013, 09:40:54 pm »
One of my favourite customers is moving, £35 house, always pay, always nice, always tip at Christmas, and even pay £10 for their daughters tiny coach house down the road, which takes literally 5 minutes!

Really gutted!

Of course I hope to pick up the new owners, but there's always the risk they may say no, or bring there own window cleaner...

Hopefully they'll move locally and I'll clean there new house, but no guarantees there staying local...

Anyone else had this happen? It really is a sinking feeling when you see the for sake sign outside a great customers house!

Yea, I had one of them about 4 months ago  :( :(

Jesus! She was gorgeous, what a babe.  ;D

mark turton

« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2013, 10:23:10 pm »
Yeah exactly, I've got a few similar custys, leaving them till end of day is defo essential, they can't half chat...

yes leave them till end of day and there nice to do with the chat and what not but occasionally you get the dreaded one that bores the hell out of you, when they list every family member alive and dead in thier family tree and talk about each individual one as if you personally known them for years - there are odd ones like this that haven finger nails down a chalk board would be easier to listen too. lol  :P