colin bird

when to re canvass an area
« on: February 07, 2013, 03:25:19 pm »
how long do you leave an area before canvassing again ?
does anyone know a person or company that offer canvassing services in west sussex ?

roundbuilder

Re: when to re canvass an area
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2013, 03:41:21 pm »
I recanvass every 3 months as an average, nomatter how often i canvass an area the results tend to all be the same.

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2013, 03:46:54 pm »
Personally if I was in need of work as was to canvass I would hit the same doors each month for 3 months. I would have some sort of 'offer' on the first 2 leaflets and the third would be the 'countdown' to the offer ending therefore giving a positive 'call to action'.

It takes several exposures to get the message.

This obviously works best with leafleting then knocking on the final month.

If it is just straight knocking you would need to keep a note of all those not at home and call on them the same week.

colin bird

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2013, 03:54:13 pm »
I recanvass every 3 months as an average, nomatter how often i canvass an area the results tend to all be the same.
thanks for that im going to start next week,i see your up for pushing your business,good luck to you,how do you deal with all the nos from customers ? do you just keep going? thanks again

colin bird

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2013, 03:56:21 pm »
Personally if I was in need of work as was to canvass I would hit the same doors each month for 3 months. I would have some sort of 'offer' on the first 2 leaflets and the third would be the 'countdown' to the offer ending therefore giving a positive 'call to action'.

If it is just straight knocking you would need to keep a note of all those not at home and call on them the same week.
starting canvassing next week,will keep a record of who is in when i call,if out will re call at a different time to catch them in

deeege

« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2013, 04:17:38 pm »

If you cold called at my house 3 months running I would report you for harassment.
"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."

« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2013, 04:22:39 pm »

If you cold called at my house 3 months running I would report you for harassment.

deeege

« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2013, 04:25:13 pm »

I'll let you off this time then :)
"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."

« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2013, 04:29:28 pm »
 ;D Thank you

sham33

« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2013, 07:52:15 pm »
So you knock on the same doors every 3 months even if they said no last time?

roundbuilder

« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2013, 09:46:43 pm »
So you knock on the same doors every 3 months even if they said no last time?
Yes, i dont tend to waste time knocking on clean houses(whats the point).
Proof is in the pudding how i get results, husband answers first time i knock and says no he will do them himself, 3 months later i see they are still dirty so i knock again and wife answers and says yes my husband has been saying for ages he will do them but never does etc etc.
Circumstances always change people move, people sack there wc, people lose there job and have to lose the wc and vise versa i could knock as customer gets another job and wants a wc. The possibilities are endless so there is no problem at all doing it every 3 months.

roundbuilder

Re: when to re canvass an area New
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2013, 09:51:16 pm »
thanks for that im going to start next week,i see your up for pushing your business,good luck to you,how do you deal with all the nos from customers ? do you just keep going? thanks again
The trick to avoid lots of no's is to not canvass everyday sort of roads. Only target busy main roads and only knock on te dirty ones on these roads as so easy to spot as they stand out like a sore thumb with years of grime unlike small quiet streets where they stay clean for months on end. Also on busy roads customers wont argue that 4 weekly is too often, i cant be dealing with the 6/8 and 12 week frequencies. Regular happy 4weekly is the key to rapid and quick success.