Smudger

Re: Price rises
« Reply #20 on: March 14, 2021, 12:16:26 pm »
in the early years they got a letter - short and sweet but now with 1200+ we now add a sticker on the cleaned card informing them of the new price - its a bit to the point/no faff and I would like to be a bit more fluffy and cuddly about it but then again the petrol stations don't write to me telling me diesel is going up again...

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

Roy Harding

« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2021, 07:18:59 am »
I have put up prices, just have 1 job left to increase. As to date everyone is ok, with their increase.

I used this inflation calculator

https://inflation.iamkate.com/

AuRavelling79

« Reply #22 on: March 15, 2021, 07:49:20 am »
I have put up prices, just have 1 job left to increase. As to date everyone is ok, with their increase.

I used this inflation calculator

https://inflation.iamkate.com/

That's a clever approach Roy.

I have used 'fuel prices, bank charges and other rising costs' but this past year has seen quite the reverse.

Most of my customers receive a state pension with an increase of at least 2.5% and I was surprised to see it happening again this year.

I think a 'less flowery' 'sticker' is a great idea!
It's a game of three halves!

Rob.Hall

« Reply #23 on: March 15, 2021, 01:05:46 pm »
We own a business.
Be hard nosed about running  it.
If you dont keep prices increasing your business will suffer.
Also, it keeps you abreast of costing new work and what you can charge.

Richard iSparkle

« Reply #24 on: March 15, 2021, 05:14:21 pm »
Also you always loose some customers over a year.. I think the only ones who cancel on a standard price increase are those who are about to cancel anyhow. It just flushes them out a bit quicker

So it’s just people who are already going to go
iSparkle Window Cleaning

www.isparklewindowcleaning.uk

Stoots

« Reply #25 on: March 15, 2021, 06:00:32 pm »
Also you always loose some customers over a year.. I think the only ones who cancel on a standard price increase are those who are about to cancel anyhow. It just flushes them out a bit quicker

So it’s just people who are already going to go

Thast true, its no coincidence that the ones who tend to drop are the dross anyway.

KS Cleaning

« Reply #26 on: March 15, 2021, 06:54:46 pm »
I agree it’s more often than not the dross that will cancel over a price increase. I’ve had 2 cancel now, funnily enough both are houses where they’ve converted the garage, meaning an extra window to clean. I added on £1 to both when they converted their garage, 1 about 8 months ago, the other about a year ago, so in their minds that’s two price increases they’ve had. I just reply to their texts that I’ve cancelled as requested, I can’t be bothered wasting my time explaining to them that in real terms it’s only 1 price increase.
More than enough good customers out there willing to pay the going rate.

NWH

« Reply #27 on: March 15, 2021, 07:17:37 pm »
I agree KS if they feel like that over a £ what’s the point in even worrying that £ increase has just told you how they feel about you,people never cease to amaze me over the years the ones you think are there for as long as you want are the ones that surprise you in the end.

dazmond

« Reply #28 on: March 25, 2021, 08:51:58 am »
I'm putting up the remaining jobs I should of raised last year....I put up three quarters last year just before lockdown...

If you get any moans show them the uk inflation calculator...send them a screenshot..

price higher/work harder!

dazmond

« Reply #29 on: March 25, 2021, 09:03:21 am »
We own a business.
Be hard nosed about running  it.
If you dont keep prices increasing your business will suffer.
Also, it keeps you abreast of costing new work and what you can charge.

I'm better at running it these days but I've made a lot of mistakes in the past...

The worst thing you can do is not raise prices for many years..I've been guilty of it...

The uk inflation calculator can be a real  eye opener

HampshireWindowCleaning

« Reply #30 on: March 25, 2021, 11:27:33 am »
I've put about 50 customers up recently by £2 each, lost 2 so far, one was £30 up to £32, the other £20 up to £22. Bit annoying that I've lost 2 customers and £50 of work but I'm still £50 up overall and 2 less jobs to do so glad I did it.

Gringo

« Reply #31 on: March 25, 2021, 11:34:51 am »
When was the previous rise Hampshire?
Is £2 rise your minimum amount to go up?

HampshireWindowCleaning

« Reply #32 on: March 25, 2021, 11:40:20 am »
About 3 or 4 years since last rise or since I've taken them on. Put off a rise last spring due to covid. A few were a quid and a few were £3 but mostly £2. I tend to put them up £2 every 3 or 4 years.

NWH

« Reply #33 on: March 25, 2021, 12:53:26 pm »
About 3 or 4 years since last rise or since I've taken them on. Put off a rise last spring due to covid. A few were a quid and a few were £3 but mostly £2. I tend to put them up £2 every 3 or 4 years.
Yeah I do the same every 2-3 years put em up every year if you want to lose certain jobs lol.

Dean champion

« Reply #34 on: March 25, 2021, 01:13:21 pm »
We put ours up  10% once every two years come rain, shine or pandemic. Did ours last Year,  lost a few as usual. We’ve had drop  more the beginning of this year then the whole of last year with a price increase. Can’t work it out ?

Gringo

« Reply #35 on: March 26, 2021, 09:54:58 am »
That's champion that Dean 👍😁

johnny bravo

« Reply #36 on: March 27, 2021, 11:30:02 am »
some cry even on a 50p rise    , pishes you off.        cannot  dump them as theres always someone else to creep in .      may take more,   theres no loyalty amongst customers here.       only my older 2 weekly inner town loyal customers  ive had since i started.       This seems an easy bussiness to get into now as theres not much else out there

dazmond

« Reply #37 on: March 27, 2021, 02:13:27 pm »
im getting very close to £50k turnover now...all customers excepted new prices...ive got another 20 or so to put up when they come round...thats it.....i even put one £50 job up a tenner....no problem..... :)

Klean07

« Reply #38 on: March 27, 2021, 04:02:47 pm »
We put all ours up last month first time for five years.
Up to and including £15 it's by £2. Up to and including £25 it's by £3 and so on. Haven't lost any yet😁
kkleanwindowcleaning.co.uk