UK Window Cleaning Forum > Window Cleaning Forum

Where to start with aches and pains

<< < (14/14)

Stoots:

--- Quote from: robbo333 on January 22, 2022, 05:27:14 pm ---I'm 57 years old, and this is what i did:

I changed the problem, rather than find the cure.

1. Lightest equipment: Gardiner Xtreme pole and brushes, (sill brushes are good). I put 30m of reinforced pole hose on my main reel (easy to use and reel in). I also purchased a waterworks electric reel (one of the best things i've done).

2. Work out the side of the van (in 90% of cleans, this works ideal, straight out and straight back, no going round corners.

3. Bin off all the awkward houses. I only take on easy houses or bungalows (no reaching over large connys to get to crap).

4. Price increase, I can now earn the same money for less hours per day.

I had tennis elbow, golfers elbow, a dodgy shoulder and a dodgy wrist (no jokes please). By changing the way I work, all these are no longer a problem.

I have done all I can do to make my work (easier!). This year I will focus on me...maybe Pilates, Krav Maga I fancy (I used to do boxing) but I need some form of external fitness or exercise that I find interesting.  My diet is good and I eat healthy so I can't really improve on that but I will drink less alcohol. (no more wiskey).

Ps The red wine stays.

--- End quote ---

Already use lightest poles and leccy reels.

Ive got rid of all jobs that require more than my 25ft barring 2 i think. They do need to go
Thats said ive still got quite a lot of awkward angles and stretching over connys etc on the round. Ive way more work than i can handle comfortable so could drop them all but its hard to part with it but i know i really should unless i can get some other poor bugger to clean them for me  :D

Been to physio this morning and he reckons everything is reversible with specific exercises,correct  diet, sleep and reducing stress.

robbo333:

--- Quote from: Stoots on January 22, 2022, 05:42:28 pm ---
--- Quote from: robbo333 on January 22, 2022, 05:27:14 pm ---I'm 57 years old, and this is what i did:

I changed the problem, rather than find the cure.

1. Lightest equipment: Gardiner Xtreme pole and brushes, (sill brushes are good). I put 30m of reinforced pole hose on my main reel (easy to use and reel in). I also purchased a waterworks electric reel (one of the best things i've done).

2. Work out the side of the van (in 90% of cleans, this works ideal, straight out and straight back, no going round corners.

3. Bin off all the awkward houses. I only take on easy houses or bungalows (no reaching over large connys to get to crap).

4. Price increase, I can now earn the same money for less hours per day.

I had tennis elbow, golfers elbow, a dodgy shoulder and a dodgy wrist (no jokes please). By changing the way I work, all these are no longer a problem.

I have done all I can do to make my work (easier!). This year I will focus on me...maybe Pilates, Krav Maga I fancy (I used to do boxing) but I need some form of external fitness or exercise that I find interesting.  My diet is good and I eat healthy so I can't really improve on that but I will drink less alcohol. (no more wiskey).

Ps The red wine stays.

--- End quote ---

Already use lightest poles and leccy reels.

Ive got rid of all jobs that require more than my 25ft barring 2 i think. They do need to go
Thats said ive still got quite a lot of awkward angles and stretching over connys etc on the round. Ive way more work than i can handle comfortable so could drop them all but its hard to part with it but i know i really should unless i can get some other poor bugger to clean them for me  :D

Been to physio this morning and he reckons everything is reversible with specific exercises,correct  diet, sleep and reducing stress.

--- End quote ---

Sounds like that's your problem. Hope you get it sorted soon.

dazmond:
It's all to do with diet and exercise and good equipment as well as no alcohol(or very little if you like a drink)...obviously no smoking and working smarter....

I have literally a hundred or more jobs with very awkward windows to clean...that's why they employ me to clean their windows....zero problems with shoulders or neck etc...

I put it down to all the above....strength training in the gym over the last 6 years or so has built a very strong upper body....my upper back,chest,arms, shoulders and traps are very well developed and it helps immensely with WFP....

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version