mark15

16amp plug fitting
« on: December 05, 2014, 08:12:38 pm »
If I was to put an immersion heater in my tank & use a 16amp plug socket,where could I put the socket on a transit connect so it looks very discreet or hidden like on the vw transporters as I obviously want the doors completely shut. Has anybody got any pics of what they've done :-)

Jakey boy

Re: 16amp plug fitting
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2014, 08:24:34 pm »
If I was to put an immersion heater in my tank & use a 16amp plug socket,where could I put the socket on a transit connect so it looks very discreet or hidden like on the vw transporters as I obviously want the doors completely shut. Has anybody got any pics of what they've done :-)

Run an extension cable through the rear doors and plug into that, it's what I do, means you can lock the van up, as you close the rear doors, put the cable right in the Middle of the two doors where they meet, should easily fit without affecting the rubber seals!

Spruce

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2014, 08:25:45 pm »
Do the same as the fridge vans do.

They generally mount a male socket high up on the driver's side, side panel.

Here is an example.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FORD-TRANSIT-REFRIGERATED-VAN-LPG-PETROL-/171562165469?pt=UK_Commercial_Trucks&hash=item27f1e6e4dd
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

Spruce

Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

mark15

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2014, 08:37:12 pm »
Those are the plugs I'll be using but I just want to hide the one on van if possable

Clever Forum Name

« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2014, 08:38:59 pm »
One big plus point of having hose rollers in the floor  ;D ;D

ChumBucket

« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2014, 08:59:53 pm »

Run an extension cable through the rear doors and plug into that, it's what I do, means you can lock the van up, as you close the rear doors, put the cable right in the Middle of the two doors where they meet, should easily fit without affecting the rubber seals!

This is what I do also.