newbroom

Re: Gold mine round for sale
« Reply #20 on: September 14, 2011, 07:23:19 pm »
if round is turning over £73000 per annum then it should be registered for vat as well.

mikecam

« Reply #21 on: September 14, 2011, 09:54:13 pm »

Sounds like a good deal to me. 50% ROI. BOE doesn't give you that.

You must have a different way with figures than me. But you're right, its a brilliant investment opportunity. Only cost 100k, then pay someones wages for two years (or work it yourself), then run a van and gear to get round it all. It'll soon be snapped up, probably by a very savvy investor !!!! Or maybe not.

laddermonkee

« Reply #22 on: September 29, 2011, 12:32:25 pm »
Is the round trad or WFP.
'Ladders isn't a shiner he's between jobs'

sunshine windows

« Reply #23 on: October 02, 2011, 09:13:24 pm »
99.9% wfp
To climb mount fuji you must first find a path
(Swindon, Wiltshire)

www.sunshinewindowcleaning.co.uk
www.sunshinesoftwashing.co.uk

Window Washers

« Reply #24 on: October 16, 2011, 04:32:35 pm »
I think any business person looking for ROI would be interested in this.

2x and 4x for very well priced that has been cleaned for a long period is a silly amount to sell for. Crap work goes for this, just look on here you will find plenty of it.

I know the marketing behind this round that helped to build it and I can tell this earns very well.

someone wanting a long term business will buy this.
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

sunshine windows

« Reply #25 on: October 19, 2011, 08:29:38 pm »
   I know the marketing behind this round that helped to build it and I can tell this earns very well. 

Window Washers do I know you?? or are you after a commission  for sale  ;D

After a meeting with my accountant yesterday I am seriously looking into franchising the business now, but will still consider all serious offers.
To climb mount fuji you must first find a path
(Swindon, Wiltshire)

www.sunshinewindowcleaning.co.uk
www.sunshinesoftwashing.co.uk

simonmnickson

« Reply #26 on: October 21, 2011, 04:05:51 pm »
franchising?surely you mean leasing or renting?
franchising would be selling your knowhow and system for others to replicate across the country?
if your going to lease it - you would have an army of takers - if your going to franchise - i doubt any takers but doubt thats what you meant ?

vinty

« Reply #27 on: June 19, 2013, 09:01:30 am »
Where is the round located

BVC

« Reply #28 on: June 21, 2013, 07:45:26 pm »
Your mad for not subbing it for 35k  you would make your money and still own the round in three years. Can't think of much else you could put your 100k into that would return as well as this.

Believe me unless you are on it big time a 100k in cash is just enough to ruin you! No offence. Unless you are planning to go out with a bang.

Bvc.

BVC

« Reply #29 on: June 21, 2013, 07:47:03 pm »
Ps I wouldn't sell it period. let alone 100k!

JandS

« Reply #30 on: July 02, 2013, 06:46:06 pm »
At the end of the day you are only buying goodwill.
If people decide they don't like you that's money gone.
If they wanted to stop having them cleaned but were too embarrassed to tell the guy then now will be the time they stop you when you first come round.
Impossible done straight away, miracles can take a little longer.

Rob_Mac

« Reply #31 on: July 05, 2013, 04:32:46 pm »
JandS

There is a level of loyalty with window cleaning that is not seen in any other cleaning service, you could be late, do a crap job, miss windows, people just stick with it.

This sounds like a brilliant opportunity, if handed over, say in a three month handover, I would expect this for 100K, then there is no reason to lose any customers.

Just to be clear I am not saying that this round has been run half heartedly and with any of the above standards. Someone is getting a business for life.

I have sold a big round and made a lot of money from it, as far as I am aware the business is still going strong, he still cleans one of my neighbours.

Good luck with the sale

Rob ;D

Rob_Mac

« Reply #32 on: July 05, 2013, 04:48:04 pm »
01st April 2013

The taxable turnover threshold which determines whether a person must be registered for VAT, will be increase from £77,000 to £79,000; - HMRC website

Rob ;D

Neil Jones

« Reply #33 on: July 05, 2013, 09:42:20 pm »
2011 this, wonder if it ever sold.

martin hulstone

« Reply #34 on: July 08, 2013, 07:58:25 pm »
did it fxxk. 100k for goodwill, no contracts no nothing. yeah whatever. 5x for cream work , up to 10x for commercial. to pay anymore for goodwill is pure lunacy.

dave0123

« Reply #35 on: July 13, 2013, 06:05:33 pm »
no it didn't sell, hes still at it now cleaning with his yellow mat  ;D

Dave.

p1w1

« Reply #36 on: July 16, 2013, 04:33:08 pm »
no it didn't sell, hes still at it now cleaning with his yellow mat  ;D

you have the wrong sunshine cleaning  :)

RAHomeServices

« Reply #37 on: July 25, 2013, 11:15:35 am »
A window cleaning round is not actually worth anything. Someone could buy it and then the next day, a new window cleaner could come round the area and offer half price.
The only real asset changing hands is 'goodwill'.
Why should anyone buy goodwill, when they can canvass your customers.

chores hygiene management ltd

« Reply #38 on: July 29, 2013, 10:37:51 pm »
theres a lot of truth in that last statement,goodwill is so subjective. some people may say that the best way of buying a business is to chunk the agreed asset value up front ,take a 90 day payment gap and then pay the remainder monthly over 9 months or longer by agreement and caviats lodged in respect of achievement , essentially it should then be funded from turnover.it generally sorts out wheat from chaff   
Chores Hygiene Management Ltd
Cleaners Lincoln • Pest Control Lincoln • Window Cleaners Lincoln
T. 0800 4488 353
F. 01522 542 775
E. info@choreshygiene.com
W. www.choreshygiene.com

dmckellar

« Reply #39 on: October 02, 2013, 05:48:04 pm »
i took over a small cleaning company but it was contracted and in writing with a house builder - also signed off by contracts manager that the contract would not be taken away unless the quality of work decreased.

to buy a round of this value with no written contracts is crazy. its pure luck if you even keep 90% of them. good luck - id be retiring in spain if i sold work for £100,000