Danny Guest

Round For Sale - St Helens
« on: February 12, 2011, 10:39:11 am »
Im selling a round in St Helens due to me winning a contract for a hotel group.

The round takes two men approx 5 hours to clean and consists of 28 properties with prices between £6-£8
The work is cleaned on a fortnightly basis and takes £336 per month.

Im asking £3k ono for the work but im expecting it to be sold pretty quickly.

It is a compact round with all good payers. The work is up to date and is ready for wfp conversion as i clean all the windows, doors and frames. The properties are dorma bungalows and with a wfp conversion you could probably half the cleaning time and charge more for cleaning windows above the conservatories.

If interested email me @ dmgwindowcleaning@live.co.uk

Best Regards
Daniel Guest
Guest Cleaning Services

KLEENAWAY

Re: Round For Sale - St Helens
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2011, 05:45:41 pm »
Where in st helens is this danny? What this contract you have won mate?? Well done pal?

Danny

KLEENAWAY

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2011, 07:04:25 pm »
Danny im just looking at this and its 20times the fortnightly clean mate and it aint the highest price work per hour. Sorry mate i dont mean to sound like im putting a downer on it but im just trying to find out some info because im genuinely interested!

Danny

RAHomeServices

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2011, 07:11:23 pm »
I find it really interesting about people selling rounds
It would take 20 hrs per month to clean this round and cost approx £200 in labour (based on £10/hr)
This would only generate a profit of £136/month
It would take approx 22 months to break even at the initial cost of £3k
I find this to be a bad business practise to pay someone £3k with no guarantee that you will retain the customers
and that once you purchased what would stop someone else canvassing the area and obtaining these customers
Just my own personal thoughts wonder how other businesses feel
personally I would only be interested in purchasing if all the customer were under contract and it would be the contracts that were being bought not goodwill

Danny Guest

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2011, 07:15:47 pm »
Alright Danny

The contract is with an hotel chain but i need to sort out the paper work with them and then get a contract to tie it down.

The work is near rainhill not far from the st helens linkway. Ive been offered £2500 for it and to be honest thats the lowest i would go. I clean it in roughly 5 hours but with a wfp you could nearly half that time because of them being dorma bungalows. There are about 28 properties all frames and doors are clean and ok for wfp conversion.

I have been offered £2500 off a cleaner i know but hes in oxford until wednesday. If your interested you can view the work and see for yourself.

The round is very compact and only covers 4-5 streets. All good payers and all up to date.

Danny
Guest Cleaning Services

Danny Guest

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2011, 07:18:36 pm »
It would take 20 hrs per month to clean this round and cost approx £200 in labour (based on £10/hr)
I find this to be a bad business practise to pay someone £3k with no guarantee that you will retain the customers
and that once you purchased what would stop someone else canvassing the area and obtaining these customers
personally I would only be interested in purchasing if all the customer were under contract and it would be the contracts that were being bought not goodwill

These are all privately owned houses with elderly occupiers. I only had around 10 customers on the estate then i picked the rest up from recommendations. All the customers know each other and are very loyal. Quality work isnt always about the prices, its as much about the quality of customers too...

Danny
Guest Cleaning Services

Danny Guest

« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2011, 07:28:59 pm »
Danny

Send me an email with your contract details and i will call you tomorrow

Danny
Guest Cleaning Services

KLEENAWAY

« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2011, 05:26:11 pm »
Soz danny iv not been on here mate, iv just moved house to nutgrove. To be honest dan its well well over priced at 3k for me, like I said that works out at nearly 20x the fortnightly clean. Text me on 07896065583

Danny

mikecam

« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2011, 08:13:16 pm »

The more i read them, the less i understand. Do one of them equasions on this one just been sold by us.....
http://www.cleanitup.co.uk/smf/index.php?topic=117897.0

;D ;D

Danny Guest

« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2011, 10:45:26 pm »
Soz danny iv not been on here mate, iv just moved house to nutgrove. To be honest dan its well well over priced at 3k for me, like I said that works out at nearly 20x the fortnightly clean. Text me on 07896065583

Danny

I will text you tomorrow mate! Just watching Marchlands with the missus

Danny
Guest Cleaning Services

michael o

« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2011, 10:53:07 am »

The more i read them, the less i understand. Do one of them equasions on this one just been sold by us.....

;D ;D
dont understand what your on about,this round has been sold

mikecam

« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2011, 07:52:41 pm »

;D ;D
dont understand what your on about,this round has been sold

We're talking about breaking down the figures of the rounds offered for sale. And how the figures look when you break them down. Your round that you offered was 67 full house cleans at a income of £350 per month. Was that Norris Green?

michael o

« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2011, 09:30:48 pm »
are you selling any rounds ill be interested in thanks

mikecam

« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2011, 09:46:56 pm »
are you selling any rounds ill be interested in thanks
No sorry mate, i do woolton and wavertree same as you and i'm always looking for more there. Not £5 houses though !!!

michael o

« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2011, 10:15:23 pm »
im happy with five pound houses,liverpools a bit hit and miss with prices, i do six a hour,7hours aday 6days aweek easy days my other rounds are 10 a house lads clean them

Ste M

« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2011, 12:06:30 am »
and there was me thinking you two knew each other ;D

michael o

« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2011, 07:44:46 am »
we do same area,all window cleaners i see use ladders,no wfp by my rounds

mikecam

« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2011, 01:05:17 pm »
we do same area,all window cleaners i see use ladders,no wfp by my rounds
There's at least 5 WFP operators in the two areas mentioned. Most seem to turn up do about three houses and move on hence your chances of seeing them get slimmer as they're moving about?

Danny Guest

« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2011, 09:02:00 pm »
SOLD
Guest Cleaning Services