UK Window Cleaning Forum > Frequently Asked Questions & Useful Resources

Starting up / working in the wet?

(1/2) > >>

Matt_Lewis:
???
I've been in a partnership for two months and have broken it up and decided to go sole trader. Are there any tips and hints that would come in useful for gaining extra business as client base has been split in two and is it possible to clean windows in the wet as we've been lucky with weather so far. All help, greatly appreciated.

nigel:
i would recommend that you took somebody on that was around 16-20,to help get you started

Matt_Lewis:
Cheers for that, but with the income now halved, how much would i get away with paying them do you think.

Mike_Boxall:
Hi Matt
Welcome to the board!
It is possibly to clean windows when its wet but its just not very pleasant working in the rain and customers dont notice the difference you've made quite as much.
As far as getting new customers obviously the best way is by referal rather than undercutting competitors but as you've just started this is clearly a problem at the moment. My suggestion would be to do a local leaflet drop with some sort of promotion like pay for the outside and get the inside done free or pay for the downstairs and get the upstairs done free. You really need to do a one-off offer to get yourself known to customers and then you can ask for referals - maybe for every new customer they recommend you could offer to do their windows free. If you're good at looking after your customers and you dont forget to ask for referals your customer list will quickly grow.
Hope this helps

Matt_Lewis:
Is it worth calling at properties after delivering leaflets and it looks quite pos' that i'm to be offered work off a contractor cleaning new housing sites but this is totally different to what i'm used to cleaining. do i need extra chemicals etc. All help greatly appreciated  ???

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version