Phil @ Extreme Clean

Wooden Dance Floor
« on: March 20, 2013, 01:25:01 pm »
Hi got asked if i would be able to clean a wood dance floor Not actually seen it just someone said it may be coming up to be done and they would recommend me.

I have a rotary etc or would the procedure be to strip with a sander ? i would of thought solution with pads then seal any help appreciated allthough i can't give more detail as not even seen just testing the water Thankyou.
Extreme Clean
Carpets to DRY For!!!!!

www.bookaquote.co.uk

jon barnes

Re: Wooden Dance Floor
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2013, 03:06:57 pm »
If its a sprung dance floor I wouldn't want to use water personally especially if the seal is questionable .At a venue I used to work in some helpful person washed the floor and parts of it were 2 foot higher than the rest by the next day  :o only way we could get it down in time for the show was to cut out a thick strip round the edge!

Jamie Pearson

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2013, 11:53:14 pm »
Take a look at Chemspec Wood Solv.

If it is a varnished/lacquered floor this may give you an acceptable result with the kit you have without too much expense.

Phil @ Extreme Clean

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2013, 11:16:36 am »
Thanks Jamie not even seen or been asked to do it just a custy mentioned it i'l get more info and pics etc if i'm asked to quote.

Phil.
Extreme Clean
Carpets to DRY For!!!!!

www.bookaquote.co.uk

Jamie Pearson

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2013, 08:32:49 pm »
Get a video if you can and go slowly over it.

cannon

« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2013, 11:19:59 pm »

Phil heres a job i did the other day using chemspecs woodsolv, its a really good way to renovate instead of restore a wood floor. The picture doesnt do it justice it looked great. However you do need to handle there expectations, they aint getting a brand new perfect immaculate sanded finished floor.

But this is where it has its place, its a cheaper, easier, quicker less hassle alternative.

Best of all its dead easy ( I can do it)

The tapes only there cos i had to do half a room and come back next day to do other room.

Phil @ Extreme Clean

« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2013, 10:33:31 am »
cheers Karl what process did you use i.e Preparation Etc cheers Phil.
Extreme Clean
Carpets to DRY For!!!!!

www.bookaquote.co.uk

Jamie Pearson

« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2013, 11:18:44 am »
Phil, Give me a call Monday morn and I will talk you through this process. Can even send you a step by step guide video

Phil @ Extreme Clean

« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2013, 08:36:06 pm »
Hi Jamie could you send me step by step video of this option as i have been asked by a hotel about wood flooring pic attached mate.

Extreme Clean
Carpets to DRY For!!!!!

www.bookaquote.co.uk