Dave Willis

Wagtail High Flyer?
« on: June 22, 2019, 04:36:22 pm »
Anyone using one?

My flipper struggled a bit today in the full sun indoors. Pad doesn’t hold quite enough water and of course the pressure of pad to glass is only the width of the rubber blade.
Quite fancy a high flyer but omg what a price!!

paul alan

Re: Wagtail High Flyer?
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2019, 06:54:31 pm »
Yes, I use mine for insides and the odd window thats just easier to trad.

It's awesome!

I also have liquidators but find they are a "special needs" tool, they only operate well under certain conditions.

The wagtail performs well with less soap and no need for clips and the like in the ends. I have cut the end of the wagtail so its the same shape as the liquidator, angled and dogeared. No detailing, no fuss!

Works very well on a pole too.

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2019, 01:30:57 pm »
Anyone using one?

My flipper struggled a bit today in the full sun indoors. Pad doesn’t hold quite enough water and of course the pressure of pad to glass is only the width of the rubber blade.
Quite fancy a high flyer but omg what a price!!

Get one and let us know Dave. My flippers are past their best now too.👍
Comfortably Numb!

Dave Willis

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2019, 06:04:38 pm »
Just ordered one so will see.  ;)

lal

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2019, 09:40:29 pm »

I use a 14inch Wagtail HighFlyer occasionally for some of the new modern homes with very Large Windows & Large sliding
  patio Doors, i find the glide very smooth on the highflyer, and with the pivot action just makes the job a lot easier & faster.

Dave Willis

« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2019, 12:55:49 pm »
Just popped in and it’s arrived.

Had a quick play with it and first impressions are ok. It’s massively overpriced for what it is. The pad works well with the whole surface on the glass and you can easily close out to the frame which was tricky with the flipper. You can’t scrub into the corners because the pad is rounded and the back plate cut miles away from the pad edge. I can’t see what the mechanism is that locks the pad up so time will tell if this wears out.
I give it 9 out of 10 for the action.
2 out of ten for value.

Overall though ..... I like it. Better than a flipper although the flipper is still a great tool.

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2019, 05:22:30 pm »
Keep us informed Dave, after you've had a bit more use with it. I've always made my own pads for the flipper from Lidl floor mop pads. This way you can cut them however you like- always have mine so that the pad just misses the edge of the window by a few mm, this usually prevents any requirement to detail. How are the high flyer pads attached, Velcro or clips etc? Just wondering if it would still be possible to make your own?
Comfortably Numb!

Dave Willis

« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2019, 07:46:50 pm »
Should be easy to make your own I would have thought as they are just velcro’d on. Prob need someone who knows how to trim/stitch the edges. I’ve not dog eared it yet like my flippers but it doesn’t appear to need it. I do very little trad work so I’m hoping it will last forever. The only other thing is it seems to work best at a low angle (handle pretty close to the glass) otherwise the rubber tends to burp a bit like the Moermon rubbish on tight turns. Early days and I’m no trad cleaner.