Connecting two portables together.
« on: June 03, 2007, 04:59:33 pm »
Ive managed to connect my steampro 2times 3 stage portable upto my ninja diamond back with a length of hose from  the exhaust of the ninja to the vaccum of the steam pro .When i turn on both machines the power increase is quite impressive, 4 times3 stage.Would anybody have an idea how much hose length i could now use as ive connected the machines up to a generater in my van.

Mike Halliday

Re: Connecting two portables together.
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2007, 05:30:19 pm »
 i wouldn't connect them like that, I'd use a a 'Y' connector, pulling all that power through the Ninja will wear out the vacs too quickly.

it will be good for 150ft easy.

Mike
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2007, 05:35:18 pm »
Thanks mike,whats a y connector and how do i connect them. steve.

Mike Halliday

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2007, 06:44:44 pm »
a Y connector it just that, you have two vacuum pipes fitted, one leading to each machine then at the other end they lead into one pipe which fits onto your vacuum hose leading into the house.

« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2007, 09:04:27 pm »
Thanks for your help mike

« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2007, 09:03:59 pm »
Fare play to you Steve but as Mike says they will wear fast connected that way.

At the moment you will have wonderful water lift with low air flow mounted side by side with a "y" fitting you will increase the air flow, end result being dryer carpets. besides you will increase the size of your waste tank using both machines.  ;)

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2007, 09:27:04 am »
Dave or Mike,

This seems a simple solution.

Are you saying this will not cause Motors to wear  out quicker and waste water will split between machines.

Regards

Mike Halliday

« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2007, 07:24:47 pm »
vacs in series ( meaning the suction from one pulled through the exhaust of the other) will make the vacs spin at a higher rate, I don't know the exact figures but say individually each vac will spin at 4000rpm when the 1st vac suck through the 2nd both will spin at 6000rpm, so each vac is spinning 50% more, so obviously will wear out quicker.

if each machine is identical then the waste water will be evenly shared, but I think this would be impossible, so one machine will collect more water.

Mike

« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2007, 09:27:53 pm »
That's about the size of it Mike. For the record fellow's a lamb amtec vac motor spins at 22,000 rev's

Chris R

« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2007, 10:29:18 pm »
Hydramaster

:)

Staffordshire

Kinver_Clean

« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2007, 02:43:33 pm »
Next time you  have the machine open switch one motor on and look at the other. It will be revving quite well with no current being on. Then think of 1400 watts of power on top of that and you will realise how much faster the vacs run. I always think the one further from the waste tank runs faster as it is trying to suck a positive pressure. As they run at 22-25000 rpm as standard they must be far in excess of this. I have not been able to borrow a rev counter that measures over 20 000.

Trevor

God must love stupid people---He made so many.

« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2007, 10:07:47 pm »
What you guys say makes sense but I'm sure Ashby's talk about joining up two Ninjas the way stevie describes.

I know they sell a lid with two hose connectors on them.

Liahona

« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2007, 07:12:26 pm »
Get a prowler or a truck mount.  Saves all this hassle.  Best, Dave.

paul wright

Re: Connecting two portables together. New
« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2007, 10:19:46 am »
bin doing this for years  ;)   also u can connect the two pumps as well    bin doing this for years as well
p.s steve id like to know the size of geny u are using as it need to be a beast to power all that !!!!  to use a geny with mine it need to chuck out about 12000 watts !!!
as for y connecter  when i tryed this way  i found it was nowere near as good as connecting to the exhaust