Ian Gourlay

Where is the spell checker
« on: July 22, 2004, 08:42:10 pm »
As you know I cant spell plus I type as I think with two fingers better correct that three fingers.

I have been using this wonderful site for over a year but have never found the spell checker

Michel Roberts

Re: Where is the spell checker
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2004, 01:36:13 am »
I need it too. As those of you who have rerad any of my posts will know

Michel

Mike_Boxall

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2004, 12:09:56 pm »
Hi Ian

The forum doesn't have a built-in spell checker unfortunately, but we are soon to upgrade to an entirely new one which will have.

Regards

Mike

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2004, 03:04:42 pm »
Mike, as you have been very kind and invested in an upgrade Did you get the spell check?

Mike_Boxall

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2004, 03:50:35 pm »
still having problems with that one I'm afraid. The server needs 'reconfiguring' apparently.

It's at the top of the list though and I'm aware that several people have asked about it.

Regards

Mike

williamx

« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2004, 09:55:50 pm »
If you have word software on your computer, you can use that as a spell checker

AuRavelling79

« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2005, 09:51:48 pm »
High two all of ewe!

My spell chequers gone threw this post and it tolled me it was fine.

Sew their ewe sea! - Know nead four spell chequers.

It's a game of three halves!

ABLECLEAN

« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2005, 12:57:44 am »
Eye dunt sea a nead four a spelchecer

john obrien

« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2005, 01:41:56 am »
too figers lukey yoo one me and i stuttturr  :'(

caz16

« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2009, 09:20:32 am »
hi i can spell but still spell wrong on here, its just the miss of the finger, we all get ya anyway. :-)

I am new to this site & you keep croping up in giving various people advice, I  think its great that you take the time to answer peoples queries & concerns.  I am thinking of starting a cleaning business, so joined this site for advice.  Not knowing where to start ! its ok doing the odd cleaning job over the years to keep head above water but it seems another thing starting it as a proper business. However reading the support people like you give on here I am impressed & also with the site as it has inspired me.  It was Just one of my useual random ideas now taking it more seriously, if I can get it off the ground. so anyway just wana thank you on behalf of everyone although I dont know a sinneron here !... ha ha hope you business going well
caz (caz16)
caz16  :-)

Daria Taylor

« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2009, 10:30:44 am »
Caz,

I'm always here to help too, well with what i can anyways :)

For some reason i cant reply to your othes post, I mentioned before if you e-mail me i will be able to help you with some basic start up things that you need to know. Like insurance, advertising/marketing ect.

Dash

clinton

« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2009, 01:12:37 pm »
Good luck caz with your venture and am sure you can make a go of it :)

Joe H

« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2009, 07:11:17 pm »
Caz,
Like Dash has said we cannot replt toyou via the other post.
Whether you pressed a button inadvertantly when you set up the thread I dont know.

What I was going to say - this is a carpet cleaning section of the forum.
Whilst the principle of starting up a cc business is the same, you may be better putting your quuestions in the General Cleaning section.

I do have spell checker on here.

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2009, 09:21:04 am »
Joe where is it . ?

However I have just remembered  the Goggle toolbar has a spell checker that works or to work on here.  I do not use it because for some reason it messes up my computer.
But i think its only some blip I have.

Caz16 glad you enjoy Cleanit Up

The hard thing is doing. and making it work

Marketing is the hardest to crack unless you have an outgoing personality

I think if that is dash t you will fly in years to come

I have just been on this site its American

but lots of good tips

www.cleaning-success.com

Do not rush to join subscription sites although you will find some useful downloads

Y

Daria Taylor

« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2009, 04:46:23 am »
Ian,

Sorry i didnt get what you meant?  ::)

That you have the right attitude and will do very well ;D

Joe H

« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2009, 11:39:07 am »
Hi Ian

Its not a spell checker like Word, that you tell it to check the whole document.

Its a spell checker in as much a word spelt incorrect is highlighted in red. If you put your cursor into the highlighted word then press the right mouse button it gives alternative spellings, or you can add the word to the dictionary. The default is English-US but you can change this to English-UK.

I am using Google Chrome and not MS Internet Explorer, whether that makes any difference I dont know.

clinton

« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2009, 04:31:34 pm »
Google chrome joe ;D

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #17 on: November 04, 2009, 05:05:23 am »
Joe Im having enough problems with computers this month so better not load Google Chrome you will all have to put up with my speed typeing ;D ;D and not being awake

Laptop windows crashed  had to start again  now ive got an error which aparentley is a registry error cant download Reg Tool because norton wont let it got to take norton off.

Bought a state of the art printer cant get that to link up
My computer expert not back to Christmas.

Might have to call out a Computer person

Hope they do not have a high Minimum charge ??? ??? ::) ::) ::)

Daria Taylor

« Reply #18 on: November 04, 2009, 11:33:51 am »
Ian,

I have had simular problem to you not long ago. My windows decided that is no longer willing to work for me and deleted half of my files and eventually packed in anyways.I had some files stored some was forever lost. Took me 2 full days to sort out windows the all drivers etc to get it back to normal. My printer ran out of ink so we decided to give a company that has been advised to us for ages a shot and took catridges for refil which took a week to do because they forgot about us. Then when it all got back to normal and i though i can relax and enjoy, i accidently knocked over my cup of tea on my laptop, screen went blue within seconds and it went. I then had to take it to parts and wipe it throughout, and you know whats amazing IT WORKS. except the touch pad so i just just had to buy a mouse. Going to send it back under insurance in new year when it's a bit quieter and i can cope with using my old PC.

P.S computer men have very high call out charges, lol they are the EXPERTS  ;D

clinton

« Reply #19 on: November 04, 2009, 04:21:09 pm »
Same here dash my 3rd lap top in two years ::)