wrighthouse

Builders Clean
« on: April 05, 2009, 09:34:42 am »
Been in the cleaning business for 3 years now and steadily growing, which has to be some sort of achievement in the current climate?! I have plenty of knowledge and experience when pricing up household cleans, i.e EOT, Spring cleans etc... but have not had much experience at quoting for larger work.

We did some work last summer for a very reputable construction company and received very positive feedback, so much so that they have now contacted us asking me to quote for a very large development split over several phases.

Went to look last week and the total work involved is over 200 bedrooms, 30 communal kitchens, toilets HSL's and windows internal and external.  Each block has 48 rooms and 6 kitchens divided over 3 floors.

The rooms are approx 26m2 with a small en-suite in each and the kitchens are 35m2.  All floors are a mixture of vinyl and carpets.

Any advice would be hugely appreciated,

Thanks all

P

martin19842

Re: Builders Clean
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2009, 02:43:06 pm »
hi there

have they given you a spec for the works, ie build clean, reclean, and sparkle clean ?
you need to consider the time frame that they want to comlete these works.
can be troublesome in the fact that the timeframe they give you, may in reality not be correct , as when trades slip behind, then your deadlineto finish doesnt change, so you end up, up againt it a little.

ideally you need to break it down into manageable units,

justsome thoughts for you

regards

martin

wrighthouse

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2009, 09:06:45 pm »
Thanks, it is being broken up into 6 seperate phases, each phase has the same amount of work required.  I gather they want an initial builders clean followed by a sparkle just before handover...

Any further advice greatly appreciated,

P

mk1

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2009, 06:15:49 pm »
stage payments would be my advice if its split in to 6 phases do one get paid on one.

bit more info needed but i would look at 1 phase. price that then x 6

at the minute we are trying say builders clean £100.00 then sparkle after the carpet fitters £50.00 its working for us but do a bloody good first clean.

and good luck sounds like a decent size job.

wrighthouse

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2009, 07:02:25 pm »
Thanks for the advice.  Are you prices based on my measurements supplied on the first posting?

mk1

« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2009, 07:56:11 pm »
Thanks for the advice.  Are you prices based on my measurements supplied on the first posting?

no just gave those as an example.