wpclean

Sealing question
« on: August 02, 2014, 07:21:37 am »
When applying sealer to a driveway, what do you use to protect the surrounding areas from oversparay ?

Thanks.

alfie11

Re: Sealing question
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2014, 09:29:46 am »
 use a roller  :D

wpclean

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2014, 12:08:15 pm »
It's taken me over a month to find the right sealer, and the application method !   ;D

JetVac Cleaning

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2014, 06:28:13 pm »
It's taken me over a month to find the right sealer, and the application method !   ;D
if using a pressure sprayer do round the edges first with just a few pumps of the sprayer so that the spray fan is more controllable then up the pressure and do the rest

drive surgeon

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2014, 08:37:42 pm »
Don't seal  ;)

Griffus

« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2014, 02:00:27 am »
Just use any protective covering. Mask it or gaffer it off.

If the surface won't show, or be affected by a slight overspray then as mentioned, just go gently around the edges.

Big problem and the trap newbies fall into, especially when spraying is applying too thick. The other is applying when conditions do not suit, too damp, too hot, too windy (if spraying), chance of rain.......

This is why many now won't seal. It is a complete pain in the ....................

wpclean

« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2014, 08:15:57 pm »
Just use any protective covering. Mask it or gaffer it off.

If the surface won't show, or be affected by a slight overspray then as mentioned, just go gently around the edges.

Big problem and the trap newbies fall into, especially when spraying is applying too thick. The other is applying when conditions do not suit, too damp, too hot, too windy (if spraying), chance of rain.......

This is why many now won't seal. It is a complete pain in the ....................
I told the customer would need to be bone dry before sealing, and it is a pain waiting around for the weather,
but I got this because she specifcly wanted the job sealing, so no sealing no job !     Have quoted a similar job, and got the sealing to do also, so will be a quick learning process  ;D