wpclean

This Hose reel any good ?
« on: April 14, 2014, 06:07:57 pm »
I am looking at getting a hose reel mounted on top of my water tank, and have been looking at this -

http://www.turningpointproducts.co.uk/shop/index.php?app=ecom&ns=prodshow&ref=112L-3-150

Are these good for the price ?

Thanks for any comments

BDCS

Re: This Hose reel any good ?
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2014, 06:26:45 pm »
Thats a good reel

Blast Away

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2014, 07:16:11 pm »
Thats a good reel

Cox Reels, usually are good but this one if the same as mine is shiite mate. You can't see the inlet swivel side because of the angle. It has a plastic surround around the swivel. This, on our one melted because of the heat, causing the swivel to drop. It's knackered now.

Rob_Mac

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2014, 09:51:33 pm »
I've got four Cox reels, two in each van and they are a step up from the one shown.

I can't fault mine, they are brilliant

Rob ;D

wpclean

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2014, 10:06:13 pm »
Thanks for the replies  ;D

BDCS

« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2014, 11:57:29 pm »
Thats a good reel

Cox Reels, usually are good but this one if the same as mine is shiite mate. You can't see the inlet swivel side because of the angle. It has a plastic surround around the swivel. This, on our one melt because of the heat, causing the swivel to drop. It's knackered now.

Surely its just a case of replacing the plastic bearing with a more durable one - 66 maybe ? send it to me and I'll get it sorted.

How do people manage without any mechanical skills ? I have no faith in service people anymore. I have a seal leaking on my RS500 - £1.10 for the seal and lest than 15 mins to change, it would have took them longer to write the invoice  ::)roll.

Blast Away

« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2014, 12:47:28 am »
I'll send it to you mate, gladly. Firstly will text you an image.