nathankaye

Completely random
« on: February 11, 2020, 02:06:14 pm »
So i pulled up to clean a house, which happened to be close to a bus stop on the opposite side of the road. A chap calls me over to where he is in the bus shelter and so I go across thinking he saw the signage and was enquiring of prices etc.
Nope, he wanted to ask if I knew when the next bus was due and if it went to the hospital or not.
Erm.......i clearly drive and therefore dont need to know bus times. So a resounding NO was my answer, sorry mate I have no idea. Good day to ya!

Has anyone else whilst at work come across a complete random / non appropriate question?  I dont mean those from the idiots who ask if your a window cleaner whikst clearly seeing you are.
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

markymark

Re: Completely random
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2020, 02:19:21 pm »
Not quite the same but last summer a car pulled up whilst I was cleaning a row of  residential work, quite a way off the main route through town. The lady in the car asked for directions to one of the big hotels - there is no straight route so it took a bit of explaining. Her husband didn't want to wait around and got a bit huffy at the length of time it took to describe the route. After a pause to take in his rather rude demeanor it struck me that - silly me-  I'd got the route all wrong. And told him a load of old tosh and sent them on their merry way on the quickest route out of town and far far away from their hotel.
Childish but it serves the silly old s0d right for being rude and too tight to buy a sat nav :-*
The good thing about science is that it's true whether you believe it or not.

Johnny B

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2020, 03:42:19 pm »
I recently had a chap asking me for directions. It was early morning and I was doing a small business premises. He needed to get to the local train station by 8:00 am (it was around 7:40) and had been given directions by the local hotel he had been staying at, but had got a bit lost. I was almost finished so I told him to hang on and I would take him as not only was I going that way, but he may not have found the station in time to catch his train.

He duly waited, I took him and he was there in good time (it was less than a mile away from where we met). We had a good chat on the way and as I dropped him off he slipped me a fiver.

John
Being diplomatic is being able to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

NWH

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2020, 04:02:13 pm »
It’s been happening for years with window cleaners,always ask the window cleaner because he-she knows the area.
I’ve had it loads of times over the years myself.

G Griffin

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2020, 04:05:40 pm »
Has anyone else whilst at work come across a complete random / non appropriate question? 
Yes. Right there ^^^.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

deeege

« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2020, 04:08:43 pm »
A few years ago now I was cleaning the outsides of a pub early on a Saturday morning.  A fella stumbled out of a doorway next to the pub and asked me if I could give him a lift home. It was Jonny Vegas and he was absolutely steaming 😂

He posed for a couple of photos and I gave him a lift home which was only a couple miles away. The van stunk of booze for about a month afterwards. True story.
"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."

Johnny B

« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2020, 04:10:16 pm »
It’s been happening for years with window cleaners,always ask the window cleaner because he-she knows the area.
I’ve had it loads of times over the years myself.

I have felt a bit of a charlie at times when I have not known the area as well as I should have done!

John
Being diplomatic is being able to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

simon w

« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2020, 04:25:41 pm »
I had a strange one before Christmas but you wouldn't believe me if I told you  ???

nathankaye

« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2020, 05:02:16 pm »
Has anyone else whilst at work come across a complete random / non appropriate question? 
Yes. Right there ^^^.

True, but it beats showing a picture of a toby carvery or asking about printers though   ;D ;D
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

The Jester of Wibbly

« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2020, 05:50:10 pm »
Are you a window cleaner?

No,  I am a public information bot
Claim your 50% off your mobile payment card reader with Sum Up.  http://fbuy.me/f7Ve3

Stoots

« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2020, 06:55:06 am »
I get asked quite often for directions.

If I don't know I whip my phone out and find out if I like the look of them.

G Griffin

« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2020, 11:47:19 am »
Sorry, Nate, I was too quick to diss your thread, man.
I've just remembered one from a few weeks ago:

I was tradding a pub/ restaurant windows when two likely lads (not Bob and Terry) walk past. They looked like drinkers, one had a can in his hand, but not the rough type.
"'Scuse me, mate, what's the best Echo and the Bunnymen song? We're just debating it" one asked. The other looked more embarrassed.
Despite being put on the spot, I answered quickly "The Killing Moon" and smiled, as if to say 'am I right?'
The embarrassed one mumbled something about his mate keeping going on about "another drop in the ocean".
"Oh, I don't know that but I'll ask Alexa to play it tonight", I replied.
Then it dawned on me. ""Hey, lads"- they had passed now (not dead passed)- "do you mean The Cutter?".
The one that instigated the conversation then turned and just gave me the thumbs up.

What a service we provide.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

zesty

« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2020, 07:12:17 pm »
Slightly unrelated, but one of mine is when I clean a very high apartment block in the middle of Ipswich. All the locals walk behind me, squeezing past me, the pole end and the other buildings. (I’m backed right up the building opposite due to the height of work)

None of them walk under the pole, despite the fact there is at least 10 meters of room in front of me - Guess they get scared of the pole falling on them!

Really annoys me. Wimps. 😏

Susan Dean (1stclean)

« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2020, 08:48:09 pm »
had a wagon driver once stop in the front street of a small town . held all the traffic up and asked us to clean his mirrors and side windows as he couldn't see out of them (winter time ) we haply did them for him while the car beeped there horns

carl stanton

« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2020, 08:23:47 am »
A lot of my work is out in the countryside and near tourist areas so I often get asked different  “where is this or that?”
Don’t mind happy to help if I can. People see that we a local workers so most likely to have knowledge of the area.
More to life than just work

Johnny B

« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2020, 06:53:32 am »
A lot of my work is out in the countryside and near tourist areas so I often get asked different  “where is this or that?”
Don’t mind happy to help if I can. People see that we a local workers so most likely to have knowledge of the area.

Where I live is a tourist spot too, so I get asked questions by a few. It's seems quite something to think that as humble window cleaners they would think we know anything!

John

carl stanton

« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2020, 08:03:42 am »

Some times I think I should get a T-shirt sponsorship from tourist information! 😂

Where I live is a tourist spot too, so I get asked questions by a few. It's seems quite something to think that as humble window cleaners they would think we know anything!

John

Slacky

Re: Completely random New
« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2020, 09:08:09 am »
So i pulled up to clean a house, which happened to be close to a bus stop on the opposite side of the road. A chap calls me over to where he is in the bus shelter and so I go across thinking he saw the signage and was enquiring of prices etc.
Nope, he wanted to ask if I knew when the next bus was due and if it went to the hospital or not.
Erm.......i clearly drive and therefore dont need to know bus times. So a resounding NO was my answer, sorry mate I have no idea. Good day to ya!

Has anyone else whilst at work come across a complete random / non appropriate question?  I dont mean those from the idiots who ask if your a window cleaner whikst clearly seeing you are.

This is about as bizarre as they come, in my opinion. About 4 or 5 years ago I was cleaning the windows on a ‘farm’.   When I say farm i mean plush pad in the sticks owned by city dwellers who like to play at being Farmer whilst really being bankers in the city. Or insurance brokers.

Anyway, halfway through cleaning their place i was collared by her because they were having trouble with one of their ewes that was lambing, she started enquiring did i have any experience on lambing sheep. Which fortunatley being an ex sheep worrier in my past life I do. Anyway, needless to say 30 minutes later Mrs Sheep was up on her feet with twins newly born and a window cleaner with a slippery, soapy and bloody arm. Didnt even get a tip.