gaza

Re: WHOS HAD WORSE BAD LUCK THAN THIS
« Reply #20 on: April 13, 2005, 11:13:36 pm »
solved the problem 4 cam belts why dont they fit 2 belts?you heard it here first copyrighted
IM AT THAT AGE MY BACK GOES OUT MORE THAN I DO

Spoonbill1970

« Reply #21 on: April 14, 2005, 10:11:56 am »
I need cam belt change for my Mondeo and I think you have hastened that move

Hello,

Don't wait too long to get Mondeo belt done - I learned the hard way a few months ago.
Mine wasn't due for another 20k miles, but as I have done mainly town driving in it, this seems to reduce drastically the life of the belt.
Problem with our car was not the belt itself, but the tensioner that the belt sits on. It is made of plastic and it eventually broke causing the belt to slip off resulting in knackered engine.  :( If you get your belt done at a Ford garage, they automatically change this while done the belt. It is part of the mysterious "kit" that garages tell you that you need.

Happy Window Cleaning!
Jonathan

« Reply #22 on: April 14, 2005, 07:16:56 pm »
Cheers for that Jonathan - my mate is the proverbial back street mechanic and he told me also to get the full kit - belt and tensioners so I will - says he will do it for £140 all in -
then I will continue to dream of a Vauxhall Vivaro or maybe a VW such and such, for the WFP I am determined to get :)

gaza

« Reply #23 on: April 14, 2005, 09:22:37 pm »
My mum is pregnant by the bloke next door,
my dads out of work and is a drunk
my sisters tell us they are holding down good positions in Soho
Ive just met a sweet lovable lady who I plan to marry,when she comes of the game.
she says she will leave me if I dont disown my brother because hes an Man Unt fan
Thats bad luck lady,cus luv my brother more than you
IM AT THAT AGE MY BACK GOES OUT MORE THAN I DO

rosskesava

« Reply #24 on: April 14, 2005, 11:48:44 pm »
Your brother's a Man Utd fan - man that's serious.

You need to do something about that straight away.

« Reply #25 on: April 15, 2005, 08:08:33 pm »
I had a puncture last week (or was it the week before?), and another today!

I received a load of stick off the receptionist for not getting my spare fixed straight away - she thought I was a soldier when she assumed my address was the local barracks - and was chatting me up (I reckon).

Two punctures in two weeks - that's bloody unlucky - just under £100.00 and an hour hanging about at the garage, getting two new 'budget' tyres!

Then when I rush home, after a collection, to taxi my Missis to her night out, I find we've no electricity down stairs.  Eventually, after unplugging everything, then plugging it back in one by one, I find she's overloaded a plug socket that feeds her fish tank paraphanalia!

Okay, it's not as bad as your bad luck, but it was a bad day!

rosskesava

« Reply #26 on: April 15, 2005, 10:09:00 pm »
How about one missus and 3 daughters all with pmt?  :-[

All I want to do is my paperwork and go to bed as we've (me and my business partner) have a long long day tomorrow window cleaning.

dai

« Reply #27 on: April 26, 2005, 11:13:10 pm »
I was once doing a new job, I should have gone one rung higher but thought I,ll manage. I was over reaching, just got hold of the top of the window frame to balance myself, next thing I'm on the deck feeling for where hurts most. some stupid git had fitted a tilt and turn window upside down so that it tilted out from the top, After a couple of mins I manage to get to my feet and hobble over to one of those rustic garden benches. I plonked my self down,Crack! it snapped like a carrot and I'm back on the deck. I half crawled to the car and managed to drive down to the local A&E unit. One broken foot, off for three weeks and I never did get paid.

Mike_G

« Reply #28 on: April 27, 2005, 03:26:16 pm »
Did they charge you for the bench?

dai

« Reply #29 on: April 27, 2005, 10:33:01 pm »
TO TELL THE TRUTH i NEVER WENT BACK