Davew

Cleaning in the rain.
« on: September 29, 2007, 11:47:55 am »
I've just been out and cleaned my house in the rain so I can see the results if it ever stops later.  :)
Sad or what? I'm so bored I think I am going to make some new brushes today.

simon knight

Re: Cleaning in the rain.
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2007, 11:56:58 am »

How can you be bored? The rugby is just starting ;D Feet up on sofa and a few tinnies ;D ;D

stevekennedy

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2007, 12:00:04 pm »
Very sad.

I have never done anything like that... ...ahem  ::)

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2007, 12:46:38 pm »

How can you be bored? The rugby is just starting ;D Feet up on sofa and a few tinnies ;D ;D
Yes, watch rugby and have a real reason to be bored.

steve m

« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2007, 12:54:55 pm »
I second that, watch rugby or even something better, paint a door and watch it dry

simon knight

« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2007, 02:32:08 pm »

You're right...sycnchonised swimming is better >:(

TVCS

« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2007, 02:36:14 pm »
whats wrong with watching rugby.
Unlike footballers these men wont roll on the floor crying if they chip a nail.  A proper game imo
Veni, vidi, vino, splatus.

(I came, I saw, I drank, I fell over...)

Davew

« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2007, 03:56:24 pm »
I watched the rugby and your right squeeks even that was boring. Anyway the rain stopped, the sun came out briefly and my windows are ......perfect! So I now know for sure wfp works great in the rain.

simon knight

« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2007, 03:59:55 pm »

Yes, watch rugby and have a real reason to be bored.

Squeaks...Channel 3....Wales Vs Fiji...Should be a good game...for the Fiji side ;D

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2007, 06:22:22 pm »
Rugby is very sad.

It's just a big bunch of thugs pushing each other about and having a fight with no rules.
It chaos, and impossible to watch. ???

I've been told there's a ball involved somewhere, but it's only a rumour, I don't believe it.

Football is skillful, and takes talent, not just being bigger and harder than your opponent. ::)

simon knight

« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2007, 07:10:44 pm »
Rugby is very sad.

It's just a big bunch of thugs pushing each other about and having a fight with no rules.

I've been told there's a ball involved somewhere, but it's only a rumour, I don't believe it.

Football is skillful, and takes talent, not just being bigger and harder than your opponent. ::)

Oh dear ::)

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2007, 07:16:22 pm »
Rugby is very sad.

Oh dear ::)
yep, someone had to admit the truth finally...

M & C Window Cleaning

« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2007, 09:51:53 pm »
When I was trad only and got rained off, I would come home, get the gear off the car then wash it. The heavier the rain the better. Used to leave the car sparkling 9 times out of 10.
Have never cleaned windows WFP in the ain yet but I'm sure the time will come and I don't see why it shouldn't work the same as with the car.
Cleaned the car with pure water the other week and an elderly friend thought I'd had it resprayed. That must say something for the WFP finnish.
We have a choice! We can do one or the other, the opposite, both, or neither depending on which way the wind is blowing.

d s windowcleaning

« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2007, 10:02:00 pm »
wfp in the rain is brill , i aint had a complaint yet and ive done a lot in the rain . i just dont like getting wetr myself . but wfp in the rain & you wont go wrong its free pure water .
where theres muck theres money

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2007, 10:09:03 pm »
You lot are full of it. ::)

Rain isn't clean.
It will contaminate your pure water, and if it doesn't the rain will muck up the window after anyway.

You're kidding yourselves and ripping off customers out of greed.
If you need money that badly get an indoor job.

I'm surprised you've got any customers left.

nat

« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2007, 10:20:06 pm »
of course squeeky, we are all cowboys that rip people off, ::) they could quite easily cancel or complain if its no good but they don't. and we are a leading nation of moaners as your proving so if there was a problem then half of us wouldn't be in business ;) ;D

d s windowcleaning

« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2007, 10:31:58 pm »
squeaky for your information rain water can have a tds reading of 002 which is good enough to clean windows with . if you dont belive this next time it rains put a cup outside and catch some rain then measure the tds reading . but i take it you are trad so you probally wont have a tds meter . my cussties dont think im ripping them off . they love it that there windows are clean and stay clean longer . ;D
where theres muck theres money

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #17 on: September 29, 2007, 10:48:46 pm »
squeaky for your information rain water can have a tds reading of 002 which is good enough to clean windows with . if you dont belive this next time it rains put a cup outside and catch some rain then measure the tds reading . but i take it you are trad so you probally wont have a tds meter .
No, I use wfp.
But no, I don't have tds meter.

If rain is so clean then why does it make your windows and your car dirty? ::)
Whenever it rains your car is covered in dirty spots.

dave0123

« Reply #18 on: September 29, 2007, 11:01:01 pm »
When  i got my TDS i tested my water but water now this is next to a big bunch of conifers that and the water collects from my mucky tree sapy gutter and the TDS was 4  :o

So before it come down gutter i rekon it was about 2

Dave
Dave.

dave0123

« Reply #19 on: September 29, 2007, 11:02:53 pm »
oh... and i put some into a watering can and watterd my windows with it ;D yes because am sad lol.. well just the conservatory door and it dried clear.

Ok id didnt actully clean it because there was no brush but it didnt spot or anything!
Dave.

Ian_Giles

« Reply #20 on: September 29, 2007, 11:19:00 pm »
Rain will spot your windows or car because there will probably be a fine layer of dust on there, very rarely is the rain so dirty it will spot the windows.
Occasionally we get dust laden clouds blow in from the desert, but they only happen a few times a year.
If rain is blowing around then if it soaks the walls above the windows, then the rain will pick up contaminants off the wall and leave them on the windows.
Rain by itself isn't dirty.

Ian
Ian. ISM CLEANING SERVICES

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #21 on: September 29, 2007, 11:29:42 pm »
Funny that when I was valeting and it rained straight after the bloody car got dirty.
When it had just been cleaned.

I give up.
You're all in dreamworld. ::)

I reckon you've been drinking this "clean" rainwater. ;D

Londoner

« Reply #22 on: September 30, 2007, 07:13:09 am »
Now thats an idea.  Bootleg "water". Set up a still up next to your RO unit and make hooch on rainy days.

Davew

« Reply #23 on: September 30, 2007, 09:40:47 am »
Squeeks I don't intend to clean in the rain (it's horrible) but you'll have to try one of your windows on a rainy day and see.  :)

Paul Coleman

« Reply #24 on: September 30, 2007, 09:49:44 am »
squeaky for your information rain water can have a tds reading of 002 which is good enough to clean windows with . if you dont belive this next time it rains put a cup outside and catch some rain then measure the tds reading . but i take it you are trad so you probally wont have a tds meter .
No, I use wfp.

Possibly because the car has been cleaned with chemicals or tap water rather than pure water?  (Note the question mark as I'm asking rather than telling).

« Reply #25 on: September 30, 2007, 10:09:26 am »
No, I use wfp.

does the rain make it dirty or is it the dirt that is on there being moved so visualy you can see it more.
i washed my car yesterday in the rain, people gave me some very funny looks but when it stopped my car was alot lot cleaner than before and no spots

gsw

« Reply #26 on: September 30, 2007, 10:28:05 am »
is this squeaky who would never change from trad to wfp................. do you ever learn!!

cleaning in the rain works just as it would if it wasn't raining, as previously stated the best way to prove it does/doesn't to yourself is clean your own next time its chucking it down and all the window cleaners know that it works are out earning more money!

no offense intended

TVCS

« Reply #27 on: September 30, 2007, 10:30:32 am »
I have cleaned my own windows in the rain before now and they have dried ok. 
If it is really windy and rainy I dont bother cos I have found that wind can cause spotting on windows on its own without rain running off brick work.
Veni, vidi, vino, splatus.

(I came, I saw, I drank, I fell over...)

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #28 on: September 30, 2007, 10:46:02 am »
Squeeks I don't intend to clean in the rain (it's horrible) but you'll have to try one of your windows on a rainy day and see.  :)
Oh come on Dave, what did I say earlier? ;D

I've had it rain while I've been working many times, and the result has not been anywhere near as good.

Bobs Window Cleaning

« Reply #29 on: September 30, 2007, 11:03:35 am »
There,s gonna be a riot ;D
Why oh Why did he spell my name as bod & not bob on my wedding invites.

Davew

« Reply #30 on: September 30, 2007, 11:09:28 am »
We obviously have better quality rain down our way. ::)

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #31 on: September 30, 2007, 11:16:10 am »
We obviously have better quality rain down our way. ::)
Possible.
It does vary a lot apparently.

Davew

« Reply #32 on: September 30, 2007, 11:17:34 am »
 :)

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #33 on: September 30, 2007, 11:19:09 am »
Up north they have gravy instead.

eddie d

« Reply #34 on: September 30, 2007, 08:18:33 pm »
squeaky /hi , i dont know how you can not work in the rain or bad weather .what if it rains all week .
personally i work on fixed days ,so the customer expects me on say the third tuesday .so thats when i turn up .