facelift pole users
« on: September 16, 2007, 05:24:44 pm »
Hi there,

Can anyone on here who uses facelift poles please give me some feedback and tell me how or if there better than other makes of poles from own personal experience.

Are the rigid? light? whippy? etc

Cheers

tech

Feen

Re: facelift pole users
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2007, 06:13:24 pm »
Where's Macmac when you need him ;) ;) ;)
Feen

Grafters Cleaning Services

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2007, 07:03:52 pm »
i use a 24ft and it has to be the best pole i've ever used, highly recommended
JAY "GRAFTERS"
From Southampton
www.high-shine.co.uk

NWH

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2007, 07:07:05 pm »
I have a 24ft carbon and it`s a brill pole,anything above 30-34ft it does have competition.

Dean Aspects

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2007, 07:09:27 pm »
I had 2 universal poles before i got my facelift so can only compare to these poles and at 18/24 ft there is not a lot of difference but when you go above these heights the difference is plain
they are so much more rigid and much lighter therefore i find that you are not so tired using the facelift but the brush i found was useless and changed it for a much lighter vikan and also the sections come apart easily so you can buy the larger pole and add or remove sections as you need them

Dean

« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2007, 07:32:51 pm »
I had 2 universal poles before i got my facelift so can only compare to these poles and at 18/24 ft there is not a lot of difference but when you go above these heights the difference is plain
they are so much more rigid and much lighter therefore i find that you are not so tired using the facelift but the brush i found was useless and changed it for a much lighter vikan and also the sections come apart easily so you can buy the larger pole and add or remove sections as you need them

Dean

Thanks dean.

Thats a great help.

So you reckon the universal is near enough as good as the facelift up to 18-24ft?

Still unsure what pole to go for?

would a 4 section 24fter do me for most domestics?

tech

Dean Aspects

« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2007, 07:40:59 pm »
At 18ft not a lot of difference but a g/f pole will wear out quicker
At 24ft you are starting to notice a difference any higher its carbon fibre all the way imo
I use my pole mostly at 24ft probably 95% then maybe add sections for about 2-3 jobs per month
If you are on a smaller budget then get a cheaper g/f pole and as and when you can afford it change to a c/f pole you wont regret spending the money
Six months ago i was asking the same questions as you and know exactly how you feel just make a decision and go for it its only money ;)

Dean

« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2007, 07:45:14 pm »
so would you recommend the 24ft facelift carbon pole? What price is it?

tech

neil100

« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2007, 07:54:57 pm »
If your buying an 18' pole then carbon fibre is not worth the money.

For an 18' pole you cannnot beat a cheap extender pole, Its very light and being only 3 sections it as a very narrow grip which is good for your hand.

A lot of w/cleaners dont like them because they find them whippy. This is only due to haveing an heavy brush like a vikan on the end. Put a lightweight brush like the salmon or Gazza brush on, and its absoultely fantastic.

If you are going higher then an 18' pole then Carbon fibre starts to come into its own, But their are still to many companys putting an heavy brush on a lightweight pole which negates the weight saving. Carbon fibre are light and rigid. But their are diffrent grades of carbon fibre. Brodex for example use a very cheap grade of carbon fibre which is as whippy as fibreGlass.

Facelifts pole is a good grade of carbon fibre, Well priced but the brush is too heavy. But they do have a new brush in development.

If your only domestic an 18' pole will do a lot of  upstairs windows. A 24' F/glass pole would be too heavy to use all the time. The wise choice is to have a cheap 18' pole, And a bigger pole for higher work.

But its not good business sense to buy a big carbon fibre pole if its going to be sat in the van all the time.

You need to work with someone for a day trying diffrent poles to understand what the diffrences are, What feels good for 5 minutes is not  necessarily going to feel as good after an 8 hour day.

Hope I havent muddied the waters any more.

Nel.

twt

« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2007, 08:23:31 pm »
i use a facelift 24ft glass fibre i bought it second hand cos im too tight to buy a new one but it is very light and thin compared to a universal so a carbon must be out of this world what im going to do is when sections wear out replace them with carbon cos it wont hurt my tight pocket so much.

ps must say my pole looks battered and it did when i bought it but it is a very good pole it is quite flexable but this is made up by the lightness.

pps i would say that if you buy a 24ft pole don't use it above 22ft i find this makes it more rigid and i think it might make it last longer.

macmac

« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2007, 11:30:06 pm »

An 18ft carbon facelift & an 18ft extender are as far apart in every aspect you could throw a stick at.
Big mistake to buy 18ft, go for 24ft, you'll not be on your tiptoes or step ladders this way.
You can fit any brush on a facelift pole with a 6 quid adaptor from cleantech.

A tip-
Look back through posts on here & see if you can find one with a carbon facelift user who is unhappy with it.
If you can, go & find a local tradesman & ask him why he is more than happy to spend 600 quid on a dewalt drill instead of 50 quid on one from argos. ;)

This should help you choose a pole.

tony

NWH

« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2007, 11:34:57 pm »
Mac the new Hybrid 34ft cut down to about 23-24ft is just as good a pole if not better,it more balanced and doing downstairs with it is easier as it`s only about 4.5ft closed.I love my facelift 24ft pole but i`m tempted by the cut down hybrid.

macmac

« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2007, 12:18:43 am »
Mac the new Hybrid 34ft cut down to about 23-24ft is just as good a pole if not better,it more balanced and doing downstairs with it is easier as it`s only about 4.5ft closed.I love my facelift 24ft pole but i`m tempted by the cut down hybrid.

How fat is the base section of the cut hybrid?

david wood

« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2007, 07:20:04 am »
ive got a 35f face lift best pole ive ever had .so easy to clean bottom windows with aswell

macmac

« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2007, 08:48:17 pm »
ive got a 35f face lift best pole ive ever had .so easy to clean bottom windows with aswell

Ditto
people go on about these smaller section poles but i use my 24ft f/lift for 99% of bottom windows easily, with swivel + angle adaptor it's a doddle.

tony

NWH

« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2007, 09:36:34 pm »
You lose the thick base section on the 34ft hybrid.

Wrekin C S

« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2007, 10:04:56 pm »
Im looking for a new pole as the 1 i got with me freedom trolley is a bit short only 18ft, is this facelift 24ft the best about and who supplies em?

thanks
Andy

« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2007, 10:09:10 pm »

If you can, go & find a local tradesman & ask him why he is more than happy to spend 600 quid on a dewalt drill instead of 50 quid on one from argos. ;)

tony

Not another lemming fallen for dewalts trap!!!!!

They are cheap (but still good ish) drills badged with there logo. They spend millions on advertising and fancy vans with demos. Thats why they sell millons of them and everyone thinks there the bees knees. Stick it along side a panasonic drill and the dewalt will be no where to be seen.

tech

macmac

« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2007, 12:27:53 am »

tony

Not another lemming fallen for dewalts trap!!!!!

They are cheap (but still good ish) drills badged with there logo. They spend millions on advertising and fancy vans with demos. Thats why they sell millons of them and everyone thinks there the bees knees. Stick it along side a panasonic drill and the dewalt will be no where to be seen.

tech

Than you make your own decision matey, & live with it. you'll learn.

tony

« Reply #19 on: September 19, 2007, 04:35:24 pm »
tony (macmac)

I couldn't believe my eyes today :o

I was driving to my first job and saw a chap cleaning with a black wfp. So I stopped and introduced myself and talked for about 1 hour.

He happened to be using a 18ft glass fibre facelift pole.

So I asked him how he likes it.

His reply went like this.....

1. It was overpriced when I got it. (£259) :o
2. the brush it came with was s**t!!!!!
3. It's very whippy
4. Its quite heavy
5. Broken 3 sets of leavers in a little over a year! (poor quality)
6. You have to tighten up the little nut on the leaver every day as the sections continuously spins round.

7. He love the superb quality of the sections and couldn't get over how strong they were.

To sum it up he said

"i've tried it and now its time to move on!"

darren72

« Reply #20 on: September 19, 2007, 06:34:32 pm »
I was wanting to know is it worth getting the facelift brush with the 44ft cf pole or am i better getting a vikan brush dont want to waist money if the brush is no good.cheers Darren.

NWH

« Reply #21 on: September 19, 2007, 06:41:32 pm »
Don`t bother with that brush unless it`s being used on commercial work,it`s rubbish on domestic.Buy the thread you can glue on the end but make sure you give it 24hrs to go off,you can then use any brush and gooseneck that takes a standard sized thread.

Feen

« Reply #22 on: September 19, 2007, 07:26:04 pm »
Visiontechnition, I think you'll find Macmac was talking about a carbon pole not a glass fibre one. Not a like for like comparison.
Feen

macmac

« Reply #23 on: September 19, 2007, 10:04:21 pm »
tony (macmac)

I couldn't believe my eyes today :o

I was driving to my first job and saw a chap cleaning with a black wfp. So I stopped and introduced myself and talked for about 1 hour.

He happened to be using a 18ft glass fibre facelift pole.

So I asked him how he likes it.

His reply went like this.....

1. It was overpriced when I got it. (£259) :o
2. the brush it came with was s**t!!!!!
3. It's very whippy
4. Its quite heavy
5. Broken 3 sets of leavers in a little over a year! (poor quality)
6. You have to tighten up the little nut on the leaver every day as the sections continuously spins round.

7. He love the superb quality of the sections and couldn't get over how strong they were.

To sum it up he said

"i've tried it and now its time to move on!"

I'd totally agree with him too, i personaly wouldn't even use any glass pole at 18ft.
259 quid for a glass pole, he's been robbed good style :D
Mine (carbon) is coming up to a year old, adjusted a clamp for the first time last week by half turn ;) no leavers broke yet & it still works as good as it did when i first got it.

That guy has completely wasted 259 quid, if i were you i'd stop trying to be clever & smug & try & learn something here ;)

tony

NWH

« Reply #24 on: September 19, 2007, 10:13:43 pm »
Glass fiber poles do have there uses,you can go round a house with 1 with no brush or pole hose and use it to shut the window`s with LOL. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

macmac

« Reply #25 on: September 19, 2007, 10:20:41 pm »
Glass fiber poles do have there uses,you can go round a house with 1 with no brush or pole hose and use it to shut the window`s with LOL. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
;D ;D ;D ;D

Or to let the custy's bulldog chew on instead of ya leg!!

« Reply #26 on: September 20, 2007, 08:38:31 am »

if i were you i'd stop trying to be clever & smug & try & learn something here ;)

tony

Is that a threat?

« Reply #27 on: September 20, 2007, 08:41:47 am »
I was just stating "exactly what a very experienced guy has told me face to face!

I cant change what he thinks about the pole.

His other poles are that new x tell range (i think thats what there called?)

He has 2 carbon ones and loves them to bits!

And he also has that unger moldular pole. (carbon tec)  :-[

tech

Alex Wingrove

« Reply #28 on: September 20, 2007, 08:44:10 am »
dont buy any telescopic pole above 34-38ft, just save some money and buy a superlite, if what has been said are true they are great poles, im tempted to buy even though i dont need it

« Reply #29 on: September 20, 2007, 08:47:49 am »
dont buy any telescopic pole above 34-38ft, just save some money and buy a superlite, if what has been said are true they are great poles, im tempted to buy even though i dont need it

even though you dont need it!  ;D ;D ;D

It a shame there not telescopic as most of my work is domestic

Alex Wingrove

« Reply #30 on: September 20, 2007, 08:54:37 am »
oh right

then go with the 24ft cf facelift, or 34ft if you can afford it,

but for any higher go modular,

i use modular on all my domestic

« Reply #31 on: September 20, 2007, 02:03:37 pm »
oh right

then go with the 24ft cf facelift, or 34ft if you can afford it,

but for any higher go modular,

i use modular on all my domestic

How do you get on with modular?

do you have a sling on your back so you can put the sections you dont need in it whilst working?

tech

macmac

« Reply #32 on: September 20, 2007, 07:15:18 pm »
I was just stating "exactly what a very experienced guy has told me face to face!

tech

Well there's your answer tech, take the "very experienced guys advice" & buy 2 carbon x-tels. but note- none removable sections, that's probably why he's got two, one big, one smaller. ;)

tony

macmac

« Reply #33 on: September 20, 2007, 07:33:35 pm »

if i were you i'd stop trying to be clever & smug & try & learn something here ;)

tony

Is that a threat?

;D ;D ;D ;D

just seen this, don't be silly, i'm offering you advise (genuine) i don't give a d**m what pole you buy man it's your money, wether you waste it or not is not a concern of mine. ;)

tony

john tomkins

« Reply #34 on: September 20, 2007, 09:20:15 pm »

tech

Well there's your answer tech, take the "very experienced guys advice" & buy 2 carbon x-tels. but note- none removable sections, that's probably why he's got two, one big, one smaller. ;)

tony

Well I'm not sure if gardiners do the whole range of carbon X-tels but their cheapest is a 45ft @ £579+vat+del.
So if he's got 2 of em :o