peekeclean

buying a back pack
« on: September 05, 2007, 07:18:03 am »
can anyone give me there opinion on back packs im thinking of buying one but are they a lot of mucking about for what they are?
Whats the best one to go for and best place to get it?
pro`s and con`s?

cheers joe

Pole2pole

Re: buying a back pack
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2007, 07:51:40 am »
Buy one today. It'll be the best single asset you'll ever buy for wfp. Ebay do them for about £80 i think from the states. I'm on my second and they've never given me a single prob. Hope this helps  ;)

Biscute

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2007, 08:26:10 am »
iv never seen one for 80 pound. i sold one on ebay for 140 and my friends went for 120. personaly id prefer a trolly, they are just as mobile if not eayser to move and a lot easyer to us. You will save hours not having to fill it up all the time.
Dont argue with a retard, they will just pull you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Pole2pole

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2007, 11:38:14 pm »

jouk45

« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2007, 11:42:28 pm »
yes good price, but what if something hapens to it, try sending it back to get  fix,  sorry to burst bubbles but its true. buy here in the uk,

Pole2pole

« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2007, 11:44:22 pm »
True jouk but can only speak from experience and my experience is.......I've never had a single prob. The "only" reason i'm on my second one is cos i kept slamming it to the ground and the plastic cracked. But thats my fault. As for returning items in this country,in my experience there aint a corner of the globe where there's more grief returning anything than ol blighty  >:(

jouk45

« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2007, 11:52:24 pm »
i paid £200 for mine max,  i have had no problems with mine as yet,   but with the uk company i am with, i know it will be sorted in a matter of days and not months,  there may be £50- of a saving, geting it from over seas, look at the long term, just my advice

geefree

« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2007, 11:56:03 pm »
i started with a backpack, so i wont knock it as a start to wfp... but now its sat in the van doing nothing, as i have made a van mount,

i know look at my backpack as i look at ladders...

its simply not worth getting it out anymore....

the ease of pulling a hose from the van is so simple now compared to when i was carting all those containers about and filling the darn thing....

its a good starter, i cant imagine anyone who has a van mount wanting to get one, even for those awkward to get to houses.... if i cant do it with van mount or ladders..... i dont do it,

who wants them jobs anyway..

thats my moan ... sorry.

;)

Pole2pole

« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2007, 11:56:45 pm »
I think we're both trying to help but from different angles jouk. That's what this place is all about. Sooner have a difference of opinion here than in Hell's Kitchen  ;D

Pole2pole

« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2007, 11:59:13 pm »
I got a van mount now gazza but i still swear by old baccy, although i gotta confess, i think it's a confidence thing i'm going thru. I'm sure with practice i'll be a much happier bunny.

jouk45

« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2007, 12:02:12 am »
I think we're both trying to help but from different angles jouk. That's what this place is all about. Sooner have a difference of opinion here than in Hell's Kitchen  ;D

yea , i like home made soup, better than tins , he he

Pole2pole

« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2007, 12:04:54 am »
now now   ;)

jouk45

« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2007, 12:06:03 am »
now now ;)
you did bring up kitchens lol

jouk45

« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2007, 12:08:45 am »
the backpack is brilliant, go any where with it, i have never had a problem filling it, what 1 min if that,

Pole2pole

« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2007, 12:10:21 am »
Oh ok, gotcha........took me a while to get where you were coming from lol. Finishing this glarse of red wiinee now. I'd better get some sleep  ;D

brett walker

« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2007, 12:10:54 am »
A backpack would work well with a van mount system so it can be used for awkward areas and backs of houses

I started off with a backpack but got fed up with keep filling it up i prefere to use my freedom trolley

But the backpack is a good bit of kit it does the job

Brett.

jouk45

« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2007, 12:13:40 am »
Oh ok, gotcha........took me a while to get where you were coming from lol. Finishing this glarse of red wiinee now. I'd better get some sleep  ;D
night dino  lol my your slow tonight lol

Pole2pole

« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2007, 12:14:23 am »
Are you still with the freedom Brett. If i remember rightly, we bought them pretty much the same time. Mine has recently ceased to exist lol. I stripped it and used the pump 'n' battery for the van mount. Glad you're still putting it to good use though  ;)

Pole2pole

« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2007, 12:17:27 am »
I'm on my third bottle jo. I read in a magazine once that it's good for the heart  :) That's what i told the mrs and my doctor AND my cardiologist. That's my excuse, and i'm sticking to it  ;D

Pole2pole

« Reply #19 on: September 06, 2007, 12:18:25 am »
Glass, glass..i meant glass  ;D  ;D  ;D