jouk45

backpack tip
« on: August 12, 2007, 12:35:59 am »
just a little thing i found out about my backpack, recently while working, i notice the pressure was dropping from  my brush head, at first i thought it was an air block, after fidling around for several mins i discovered something, which i dont think many know its on our backpacks, anyway pressure was right back to normal, ok question is before i tell anyone what it is, i would like to see how you would solve it,
if no one gives the right answer, i will tell you all,  i just dont want to look a plonker if i was the only one not to know about it  ;D ;D

Re: backpack tip
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2007, 12:54:02 am »
just a little thing i found out about my backpack, recently while working, i notice the pressure was dropping from  my brush head, at first i thought it was an air block, after fidling around for several mins i discovered something, which i dont think many know its on our backpacks, anyway pressure was right back to normal, ok question is before i tell anyone what it is, i would like to see how you would solve it,
if no one gives the right answer, i will tell you all,  i just dont want to look a plonker if i was the only one not to know about it  ;D ;D
just say it anyway, at the end of the day you are trying to help people, alot slate on here, but you are trying to help fill ya boots and help people.

KarlJones

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2007, 08:05:32 am »
mmm, could it be the black button? 
You cannot plough a field by turning it over in your mind.

jouk45

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2007, 08:23:34 am »
just say it anyway, at the end of the day you are trying to help people, alot slate on here, but you are trying to help fill ya boots and help people.
ian, its all part of the fun, and you lean at the same time lol

Pj

« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2007, 08:37:43 am »
Nothing to do with mine.  Mines a Metabi

Jeff Brimble

« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2007, 09:09:34 am »
Is that one of the original Matabi or have you found a new supply ?

jeff1

« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2007, 09:24:06 am »
Joe, The backpack does not run on pressure does it????........Thats why there is a black button with a spring on the top of the lid, any pressure and the button operates to release it.   May be wrong :'(

jouk45

« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2007, 10:16:13 am »
come on guys and girls, lets hear your answers, i am very curious  how many backpack owners dont know about this, i will give the answer  by this afternoon, if not then i am a plonker  ;D

David Seaman

« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2007, 10:22:29 am »
I've had the same problem. In my case it was the internal filter that was blocked. Removed it, cleaned it out - problem solved!

DJ

brett walker

« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2007, 10:40:51 am »
Jouk

is there a prize for the winner  ;D

regards

Brett  :)

jeff1

« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2007, 11:31:37 am »
Jouk

is there a prize for the winner ;D

regards

Brett :)
Yer! Thats a good idea Joe, you could give the winner a free website. (email me the answer Joe  ;D ;D)

jouk45

« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2007, 11:44:26 am »
I've had the same problem. In my case it was the internal filter that was blocked. Removed it, cleaned it out - problem solved!

DJ

nope,  not the answer

jouk45

« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2007, 11:45:13 am »
Jouk

regards

yes brett, you get tocall me a plonker all week lol

jouk45

« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2007, 11:46:25 am »
Jouk

regards

Yer! Thats a good idea Joe, you could give the winner a free website. (email me the answer Joe ;D ;D)
that would be cheating jeff lol

jeff1

« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2007, 11:55:13 am »
Jouk

regards

I hope I win this one then Joe..
The answer has to be here Joe Lol http://www.cleanitup.co.uk/smf/index.php?topic=41515.0

jouk45

« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2007, 01:59:37 pm »
Jouk

regards

I hope I win this one then Joe..
The answer has to be here Joe Lol http://www.cleanitup.co.uk/smf/index.php?topic=41515.0

jeff, oddly enough it does not even mention it, karl and jeff mentioned the black button well done ,ok i will tell you, when the backpack is in operation, the pump takes the water and of course air, after a bit of usage, the air in the tank almost gets excausted, the result is less water pressure from the nozzles. you just regularly press the black valve, for about 5 secs, whick lets more air in the tank, and this lifts the pressure back up, now i thought this valve done this automaticly when the air is gone, and the pump is still trying to suck the water,
and the compresion, would pull down the button to let the air in, it does not, you have to press it regular, especialy if you are working at high heights, be honest how many knew that, please dont call me a plonker he he,

Pj

« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2007, 02:26:05 pm »

I think I may have got one of the last ones about 2 years old now, never a problem, just a bit slow for my liking.

Sorry to step in there Joe

jeff1

« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2007, 02:39:05 pm »
Is this backpack spelt Matabi or metabo?

The only reason I ask is I have a couple of electrical tools made by metabo, German company I think, excellent tools, so if the backpack is made by the same company they will probably last forever.

jouk45

« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2007, 02:49:13 pm »

I think I may have got one of the last ones about 2 years old now, never a problem, just a bit slow for my liking.

Sorry to step in there Joe

no probs pj, but Matabi is manual sprayer, thats hard work lol

D.Salkeld_Ltd

« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2007, 03:05:09 pm »
Jo,

Funny that :-\ :-\

When I use my BP I often hear a slight hissing sound, especialy after I have run it for a while.  I am certain it is the lid valve sucking ???. I have never had any problems with the preasure (only when I had a blocked jet).

David
Not Perfect - But Honest

jouk45

« Reply #20 on: August 12, 2007, 03:13:22 pm »
Jo,

Funny that :-\ :-\

When I use my BP I often hear a slight hissing sound, especialy after I have run it for a while. I am certain it is the lid valve sucking ???. I have never had any problems with the preasure (only when I had a blocked jet).

David
david, i have heard it to,   next time it happens look at the water pressure from the nozzles, then press the black air valve.
it picks up instantly,

Jeff Brimble

« Reply #21 on: August 12, 2007, 04:37:32 pm »
Matabi was sold by Cleantech with an uprated Flojet pump, Matabi found out and withdrew it off the UK market ( think its still available) . Rectangular witha nice big handle on the top.
Drill a tiny hole in the top of the container or lid, or put a hot needle through to make an air vent to stop the vacumm build up.

Jeff Brimble

« Reply #22 on: August 12, 2007, 06:05:24 pm »
Matabi 12v sprayer link-  Spanish Goizper http://www.matabi.com/eng/agricola/frame00.htm
Click Matabi then electric sprayers for pic.

jouk45

« Reply #23 on: August 12, 2007, 09:15:02 pm »
so did everyone know about this black realease button, or am i a plonker,  i can take it like a man  ::)

jeff1

« Reply #24 on: August 12, 2007, 09:21:45 pm »
I must admit Joe, I give mine a press a couple of times a week, I do this just to ensure the spring is not stuck, but I have never pressed it during operation, so I will keep an eye on this in the future.

Captain Scarlet

Ffenest ( est 2007 ) is a fully insured premium quality window cleaning service based at Llandderfel near Bala. All our work is guaranteed, rain or shine, year round.

Jeff Brimble

« Reply #26 on: August 12, 2007, 09:33:11 pm »
The cooper pac looks like a hand operated piston pump  in the 3rd pic, not a 12v system.

D.Salkeld_Ltd

« Reply #27 on: August 12, 2007, 09:35:34 pm »
david, i have heard it to,   next time it happens look at the water pressure from the nozzles, then press the black air valve.
it picks up instantly,

Jo, I'll give it a try next time it hisses at me ;D

David
Not Perfect - But Honest

jouk45

« Reply #28 on: August 12, 2007, 10:07:29 pm »
where you a crash test  dummy  ;D ;D so am a plonker he he

Peter Fogwill

« Reply #29 on: August 12, 2007, 10:13:03 pm »
Jouk, I don't know much about the backpack but it seems like yours could have a faulty valve? Maybe not letting enough air in?

Peter

jouk45

« Reply #30 on: August 12, 2007, 10:21:04 pm »
Jouk, I don't know much about the backpack but it seems like yours could have a faulty valve? Maybe not letting enough air in?

Peter
peter i have looked at the spring, quite a simple valve really, seems ok, instead of an external valve that pushes up and lets air out under pressure, this one is internal under the lid?? maybe its supposed to be pulled down, under pressure, the oposite if you know what i mean,  to let air in, funny thing is it says nothing about it in the instructions,

Peter Fogwill

« Reply #31 on: August 12, 2007, 10:36:06 pm »
If it dosn't say anything in the instructions it seems like you probably shouldn't have to press it to draw in the air.  Seems like you have a faulty one.

What could be happening is on high setting the water is going out faster than the air is coming in, the valve is not letting the air in fast enough??

Peter

jouk45

« Reply #32 on: August 12, 2007, 10:40:54 pm »
yes see what you mean peter, if it comes down to it, i may remove it, and see how it it works from there, thanks peter,

jeff1

« Reply #33 on: August 12, 2007, 10:42:33 pm »
The spring is a very weak one and should operate with ease, I know mine does.

dai

« Reply #34 on: August 12, 2007, 10:48:21 pm »
I never bother pressing the button down either. I assumed that as it will leak if it tips over, the air can find it's way in. I knew what the button was for. Been using outboard motors for years, these can develope the same problems if a vacum builds up in the fuel tank. Dai

jouk45

« Reply #35 on: August 12, 2007, 11:00:29 pm »
I never bother pressing the button down either. I assumed that as it will leak if it tips over, the air can find it's way in. I knew what the button was for. Been using outboard motors for years, these can develope the same problems if a vacum builds up in the fuel tank. Dai
yes i understand, but what throws me of all the fault solutions is, if its meant to do it automaticly, why?? THE BIG BLACK BUTTON, staring at us, normaly it would just be a small hole, but this big black button almost says push me, as its finger size,
and it does push down???? get what i am saying, i always learn theres logic in everything, thats what got me puzzled,