cat9921

Bad neighbours
« on: June 07, 2007, 04:12:52 pm »
HI all

My next door neighbour is not happy that I have gone over to WFP. He thinks its too much water that I am using . He is  complaining and trying, it seems to get severn trent on to me and have me put me on a meter. On average I use between 600 and 700 litres of water per week. >:(

Can he do this any help please 

Alex Wingrove

Re: Bad neighbours
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2007, 04:20:25 pm »
haha

cant you store a tank somewhere else away from him

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2007, 04:30:44 pm »
Glad I get my water from someone else. ;D

jeff1

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2007, 04:33:29 pm »
Yes he can do it, its called grassing, go around and slap him talk to him and explane its your living, what ever you do don't tell him about the waste :-X

cat9921

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2007, 04:35:52 pm »
haha

cant you store a tank somewhere else away from him

Thanks alex

I'm thinking of storing it on his mangled corpse ;D.

Alex Wingrove

« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2007, 04:37:51 pm »
haha

sorry i just help but laugh

i know the type of person he is, tell him you will clean his windows for free!

but if he doesnt well, i dunno think of someway to pay him back like a bomb scare

Pole2pole

« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2007, 04:39:32 pm »
I don't often reply much nowdays but the only advice i can offer you bud is to tell ya neighbour to f*@* off and mind his own business. Nosey tw*t. I'm sure if you looked into his life,ie the size of the engine of his car, the amount of water he squanders on a daily basis, the energy he wastes leaving lights on etc etc, you'd realize that he's no saint either.
And as has been mentioned before on this site,water has this wonderful knack of travelling full circle over time. Evaporates,rains,evaporates,rains. Not rocket science. Bloody wooly lefties :-)

eddie d

« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2007, 04:40:13 pm »
if he is going to be difficult ,go to severn trent tell them what your doing pay the bill and claim it back off your tax .
then tell him to shove it
jobsworths do my head in .
then make his life a missery .

East coast window cleaning Services

« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2007, 04:42:27 pm »
tell him to f*ck off would he rather you went on the doll and sponaged of the state
P&R Window Cleaning

M & C Window Cleaning

« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2007, 04:48:02 pm »
Don't you just love nieghbours who just seem to have nothing better to do than stick their noses into yours and your custies business.

I haven't yet had probs with my nieghbours but I have with with some of my customer's nieghbours and I'm still trad so it should prove interesting when I switch over.

I'm on a meter though so I will be paying for my water (if there's any to pay for).  :'(
We have a choice! We can do one or the other, the opposite, both, or neither depending on which way the wind is blowing.

jeff1

« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2007, 04:58:36 pm »
This won't help with your neighbour, but if your custy's or there neighbours start to moan about the amount of water you use, do what I do and just tell them I have a well at the bottom of my garden, and I pay the £1,500 Extraction license fee's, this is a genuine price for water extraction from a well ;)

cat9921

« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2007, 05:07:58 pm »
HI all

Thanks for all the help, love the coments ::)

Alex Wingrove

« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2007, 05:09:20 pm »
This won't help with your neighbour, but if your custy's or there neighbours start to moan about the amount of water you use, do what I do and just tell them I have a well at the bottom of my garden, and I pay the £1,500 Extraction license fee's, this is a genuine price for water extraction from a well ;)

i think he is going to know if he has a well or not

Tosh

« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2007, 05:18:31 pm »
Cat,

I think, to be honest that we need a license for purifying water and we should be on a business water tariff.

I'd just keep quiet if I were you!

As for your neighbor's reaction,... why?

jeff1

« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2007, 05:19:03 pm »
This won't help with your neighbour, but if your custy's or there neighbours start to moan about the amount of water you use, do what I do and just tell them I have a well at the bottom of my garden, and I pay the £1,500 Extraction license fee's, this is a genuine price for water extraction from a well ;)

i think he is going to know if he has a well or not
Read the post again ::) It says it won't  help with your neighbour

cat9921

« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2007, 05:27:44 pm »
Cat,

I think, to be honest that we need a license for purifying water and we should be on a business water tariff.

I'd just keep quiet if I were you!

As for your neighbor's reaction,... why?

HI tosh

As for my neighbor's reaction I do not know why ???
I have all ways been a good neighbor to him but you can not please them all.....

simon knight

« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2007, 05:48:09 pm »

Even if the w@anker does grass you to severn trent there's F all they can do about it. You pay yer water rates and can use as much as you like for what ever purpose you like.

Also tell him to f##k off and mind his own stinking business.

Paul Coleman

« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2007, 05:52:06 pm »
HI all

My next door neighbour is not happy that I have gone over to WFP. He thinks its too much water that I am using . He is  complaining and trying, it seems to get severn trent on to me and have me put me on a meter. On average I use between 600 and 700 litres of water per week. >:(

Can he do this any help please 

I think the nosey [self edited noun] needs a good squirting.

« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2007, 06:47:16 pm »
As usual Jeff is right he can grass you up, tread carefully.

When we moved some years ago we on to a meter for the first time. Our bills were lower and it was a lot cheaper. We told our business neighbpours, who despite being well todo were/are very penny pinching and tight. My wife enjoyed telling them we were saving money, eventually taking the bills in because they were disbelieved.

Anyway, the tight git did go on a meter, but amongst the bumpf when he was reading up on it he spotted that if you have a swimming pool you mustbe on a meter(it's an offence). He knew that his neighbour who was forever lending him things and helping him out in various ways, A had a swimming pool, and B didn't have a meter. You can guess the rest.

The same couple had an aupair once, his wife used to go into her room and read her diary when she was out so they would know what she was up to and thinking.'today I had a bath in the big green bath it was lovely and hot."
In the school holidays they made her take their son (about 9 at the time) into town (liecester) and go to  McDonalds, except that she had make sandwichs for herself and eat them while the kid tucked in.

« Reply #19 on: June 07, 2007, 07:02:37 pm »
I'm on a meter now, but haven't really had a bill that would tell me anything. From other threads I believe that if you use 1000litres it costs about£2.

Matt has some figures I think. So if you do go onto a meter it is not the end of the world.

This undoubtedly stems from jealousy, you are obviously succesfull (great) but some people can't stand it.(he's on about 50k a year and he's only a window cleaner.The other thing to warn you about is that these things don't stop there(I've been there tax vat, trading standards counterfeit goods employing underage). So what I'm saying is don't go on a meter and try and wind him up about saving you money, because he will already be looking for his next opportunity.

« Reply #20 on: June 08, 2007, 08:11:33 am »
Go on a ,eter its cheaper than a standard rate every quarter and you know your paying for every drop you use.

Im on a mter use 400ltr every day used to use 700.. and am on a meter my monthly dd is £50.00 my mum lives in a 1 bedroom flat no meter her dd is £60 per month ????????

mark f

« Reply #21 on: June 08, 2007, 12:07:43 pm »
i must admit with the current water situation as it is and water getting more scarce with climate change and house development, i find it hard to justify using the ammount we do. But i use water saving methods such as, on squeegee houses i only wfp upstairs, (anyone can squeegee downstairs as quick as wfp), i also use triggers on my poles. Why spray everywhere inbetween windows? I probably use approx 150 litres in an 8 hour hard day which isnt excessive.

The odd customer who has said something to me about water usage, i explain the above and they are happy.

M & C Window Cleaning

« Reply #22 on: June 08, 2007, 02:57:55 pm »
I tried the system on my nieghbours house and they were pleased even with the first clean, but the did enquire about the amount of water it uses. However they seemed happy when I explained the methods we use to conserve water. I think if they can see the effort you put in to not being wasteful they're happier.
We have a choice! We can do one or the other, the opposite, both, or neither depending on which way the wind is blowing.

JohnL

« Reply #23 on: June 08, 2007, 09:27:12 pm »
Just store the waste water in a large butt and add the neighbour to taste   ;D
West Somerset. On the edge of the Quantocks and looking at The Exmoor National Park.

vwm

« Reply #24 on: June 08, 2007, 09:40:27 pm »
I'm on a meter now, but haven't really had a bill that would tell me anything. From other threads I believe that if you use 1000litres it costs about£2.

Matt has some figures I think. So if you do go onto a meter it is not the end of the world.

This undoubtedly stems from jealousy, you are obviously succesfull (great) but some people can't stand it.(he's on about 50k a year and he's only a window cleaner.The other thing to warn you about is that these things don't stop there(I've been there tax vat, trading standards counterfeit goods employing underage). So what I'm saying is don't go on a meter and try and wind him up about saving you money, because he will already be looking for his next opportunity.

just had my bill come in in 6 mths i have use 150,000L total cost £321.89 but that includes our house hold as well . we are also given 50% reduction for water not being retutned to sewer so its roughtly 25% off toal bill .

this works out £50+ per mth and includes the house hold and im using between 350- 500L aday and a merlin ro unit  :o   

i must amit i was worried but now not  its nothing £50 p/mth

ClearviewServices

« Reply #25 on: June 08, 2007, 09:47:29 pm »

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #26 on: June 08, 2007, 10:06:24 pm »
You do not have to go on a meter.

The water board cannot make you as things stand at the moment, even if they know you have a wfp.

Dave

vwm

« Reply #27 on: June 10, 2007, 10:12:11 am »
just gone though some off my bills and on average before wfp was using 84 cubic metres of water

128.76 x 85 = £109.45 (water)

130.80 x 85 = £111.18 (sewerage) - 5% non return (5.55) = £105.63

total £215.08

now wfp using 250L-400L per day and the 50% non return to sewer discount

128.76 x 150 =£193.14 water

130.8 x 150 = £196.20 -50% =£98.10

total £291.24

so this means wfp is costing us £76.16 for 6mths = £12.69 p/mth

must admit the water and sewer charges have risen about 30p per cubic metre so my forecast is that my next bill is going to be an extra £14.63

was so worried about a meter but not now im happy paying £20 p/mth must get a rebate off mrs as been givin her £50p/mth to cover cost no wonder we are in credit with water company and shes a bit flush lately lol  ;D ;D      will i get back of her NO CHANCE LOL

as to your neighbours what goes round comes round its just a matter of time  ;D
 but in the mean time the only word that comes to mind is f**k off and when the water company comes to fit meter look over the moon and thank him then fit as many 1000L tanks to collect the waste water from ro and put them right in his view if you can lol lol lol

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #28 on: June 10, 2007, 10:41:53 am »
You do not have to go on a meter.

The water board cannot make you as things stand at the moment, even if they know you have a wfp.

Dave

PaulTh

« Reply #29 on: June 10, 2007, 10:47:20 am »
surely this would be tax deductable

vwm

« Reply #30 on: June 10, 2007, 11:22:39 am »
yes indeed it is

williamx

« Reply #31 on: June 10, 2007, 05:15:37 pm »
I would go round to my neighbour and thank him for his excellent idea about water meters.

I would explain that you have looked into the cost involved and have found that its going to cost you around about £12.00 per month because you use a wfp system, which you can claim back from your tax bill.

I would then tell him that because of the water meter you will be increasing your customers bills by 50p per month (if you clean his house then double his bill) so with his great idea you will now be earning £150 more per week than you was before.

I would then give him drink for the great idea his had. A bottle of Water.

Or you can just tell him to inform Severn Trent because there is no law which states you have to be on a meter.

dai

« Reply #32 on: June 10, 2007, 06:15:47 pm »
Having read all the above, I would just ignore him, say nothing, and carry on as normal. Any action from you will just give him the attention he craves for.
Sad little man, sad little life, and all the problems are his. Dai

Malcal

« Reply #33 on: June 10, 2007, 09:54:49 pm »
Hi all
I had a customer who "advised" me that the run off of water from the windows was "trade waste" and that I would need a licence for it. Is the waste from my RO trade waste ?, trad cleaners dirty water, waste from your washing machine (work pants, scims etc), where does it end.
 Regards Mal

Lakes and Pennine

« Reply #34 on: June 10, 2007, 11:19:48 pm »
asm somebody who has no garden I think all those who water and have sprinkler systems should not throw stones in glass houses.... and certainly not if I clean those glass houses. Dont Bath...Pong for England