Scrimble

How would you price this house? Trad
« on: September 03, 2006, 05:35:36 pm »
HI

I currently live in the west midlands and i would like to know peoples opinions on how much other window cleaners charge to clean my house.

I myself would ask for about £10 for every 4 weeks with the first clean costing about £12. I am not an experienced window cleaner and i have only been going it alone for about 5 weeks.

would really appriciate your input.

I would only do this if it was NOT LEADED so please put up your prices as if the windows were not leaded.

Access to the rear is provided by a path round the side of the house which comes out next to the shed

FRONT

REAR

Clear Vision

Re: How would you price this house? Trad
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2006, 05:37:45 pm »
I would look for £8-£12 for It.

Matthew
Clear Vision

Rob_Mac

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2006, 05:44:11 pm »
We are in Cheadle - by Alton Towers and we would charge £10.00 for that house.

We would clean it wfp in 5 minutes - 2 people. How long does it take you traditionally.

Rob ;D

Paul Coleman

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2006, 05:50:10 pm »
If it was plain glass and trad cleaning I would go for £15.
Part of my thinking is that I regard the upper bay windowat the front as two climbs and the two windows above the tiled roof would be done by pole with applicator/squeegee (unless you work in pairs and someone can foot the ladder.)

« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2006, 06:25:56 pm »
I'd be more than happy to have a bunch of these houses close together at a tenner each.

jeff1

« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2006, 06:52:44 pm »
£12-£14 (south) without conservatorie

pjulk

« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2006, 06:53:58 pm »
I would charge £15 a house unless i had a load together then maybe £13

Paul

Ladders

« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2006, 06:56:32 pm »
Hi all

I would quote ten quid for that on a 4 weekly clean doing it trad.
For every problem there is a solution

mgba_78

« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2006, 07:06:20 pm »
Hi

I would price it at £14
 my 3/2 bed semis are £7 thats 3 windows front and door same for back your house has more to do, you would have to move the ladder 3 times to do the top bay window.
Time = money in my books so would charge accordingly

Andy

Nice house by the way ;)
Oooooo that is shiny!!

Ladders

« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2006, 07:15:04 pm »
Hi MGBA

Iwould only move the ladder twice for the up bay, i would put ladder up on corner of bay  and do one side and middle pane, then move ladder to do last pane.
For every problem there is a solution

Extremeclean

« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2006, 07:47:18 pm »
Everyone seems to be in the right ball park with the price for this if trad and not leaded.

50% more for it being leaded. I do 2 estates with around 500 very similar houses. Those sloping porches are lethal if damp especially the north facing ones with moss all over them.

I dont want to get into a wfp versus trad debate but what I will say is that it takes us half the time to do these now using WFP with no need for acrobatics or footing for the porches. These types of places are made for WFP and come up great even in hot conditions or direct sunshine.

Fast 1 *

« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2006, 08:14:06 pm »
£15
wildstyles

chris@c.m.s

« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2006, 08:15:35 pm »
Hi MGBA

Iwould only move the ladder twice for the up bay, i would put ladder up on corner of bay  and do one side and middle pane, then move ladder to do last pane.
Be carefull doing that I for one dont risk it anymore after the ladder has moved several times I would rather price it as 3 climbs and the hole house at £12
Sussex by the sea

Rise N Shine

« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2006, 09:43:29 pm »
I'd probably try to squeeze £15 for a house like this (I'm in Surrey), i do quite a few like this and use a Rojak ladder stay to keep the ladder as secure as possible when getting over the sloping roof, providing its not too ridiculous an angle.
2 trips up the ladder for the bay window at the front, poss one trip for the bay at the rear if i could reach them after putting the ladder on the sill under the middle window.
I don't see myself as being super-quick but i'd have a house like this gleaming in around 1/2 an hour trad.
I'd love a row of these, cha ching ££££

eddie d

« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2006, 10:16:41 pm »
like the other guys i would go in at 12 to 15 . ideal price 15 but 12 if i had a few together .

www.mrgutters.co.uk

« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2006, 10:24:52 pm »
hi mate

nice house for a widow cleaner , ;) i would charge 25.00 thats in surrey...
maybe up north 18-20 

shawn
If a job's worth doing, it's worth doing well.

sunshine windows

« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2006, 10:27:39 pm »
Glad you posted before me Shawn. I was Just about to say that you guys are far too cheap.

I'd charge £18 monthly or £25 every other month for that one. That would include a wipe over of the frames and sills.

Lance
To climb mount fuji you must first find a path
(Swindon, Wiltshire)

www.sunshinewindowcleaning.co.uk
www.sunshinesoftwashing.co.uk

« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2006, 10:33:01 pm »
Good evening everyone,

On a monthly clean  i would charge £22 and for a 6 weekly clean it would be £26.

Obviously i am down south. However, you guys up north should really start increasing your prices. I know what you are thinking! The customer wont pay. But they would, if your service was good and reliable and also if all the window cleaners in the area put their prices up, the customer wont have a choice.

Many Thanks

Andrew

Ps Hows tricks Shawn?

groundhog

« Reply #19 on: September 03, 2006, 10:33:45 pm »
I live down South and I would try for £20, if they don't like the price you can always drop the price a few pounds, mind you I always clean the frames and sills too. Why would you not clean them if they were leaded? With practice you can clean leaded just as quick if not quicker using a damp scrim followed by a dry one.

After saying that I priced up for a couple who have just moved from the Midlands recently, I priced their 3 bed house up at £15, they nearly fell over backwards and said that the cleaner they had in the Midlands used to charge them £4 for a similar property!! :-[  they have no chance of getting someone that cheap down here. Price as high as you can, you will be surprised how much people are prepared to pay for a good reliable wc! ;)