Re: Graham Gould
« Reply #20 on: June 28, 2006, 04:04:03 pm »
Do you mean inside the R/O?
Or the Committeeeeeee?

he told me a few things that were not general knowledge

I thought he may have been Glyn from Omnipole or whadge-a-ma-callit from Ionics, posting under a different name for a bit of a laugh.

But Graham has a well developed sense of humour; so I don't think it was either of the two names I mentioned. ;)

It was darned strange though, how he knew I'd been selected for Treasurer for PWCA before anyone knew; including myself (I think).  I think he was the first to congratulate me!

I'm sure he must have something to do with the organisation, as it was - right at the begining.

David of St Ives might have a better idea who he was.

busydaffodil

« Reply #21 on: June 28, 2006, 04:51:49 pm »
Graham Gould = David St Ives.    Thats my guess! 

Who do you reckon?  Whats the point really.....only GG will know the truth....and if hes gone into hiding....hes not exactly going to tell us the winning guess!

Still, I reckon its David....whos now gone straight since becoming a "Mod".

(I never actually saw any posts of this GG - or any that I remember, so no offence intended David, if he was a horrid person.  I imply nothing)

AuRavelling79

Re: Graham Gould New
« Reply #22 on: June 28, 2006, 05:01:38 pm »
Three posts stick in my mind when I think of Graham Gould's contributions.

One where someone asked him if he was bi-polar after some manic post of his.

Another when his advice to anti-spotting was "rinse, rinse and rinse again!" which is invaluable advice, especially on hot days.

The third was when I was asked if I was his Dad after he nicked "my" mountain picture for his avatar and I changed my surname to his and kept it (with different spelling) to this day! :)
It's a game of three halves!

bluesteve

« Reply #23 on: June 28, 2006, 07:00:51 pm »
unfortunately the one post that sticks out was the one about admiring the male form! Whether he was messing about or had been fed some secret truth drug i dont know.
  But very intriuging  about his whereabouts,cant imagine he d just disappear off the site, unless he came to a untimely end!
"Soldier an' Sailor too" !

Morph

« Reply #24 on: June 28, 2006, 08:10:55 pm »
He continued posting on the other forum until a couple of months ago.  No reason to doubt that the name he was using was genuine, the same as the one he emailed me with, for about 4 months.
As I said, he couldn't have been more helpful to me, but I know he ran riot on here.  Couldn't keep up with him once he got going.  I think he would admit to being manic, and he would probably suggest that many on here are also in need of some medical help.  He would word it sharper though!
It was a lively night when he got going!!

;D :o ;D :o ;D :o ;D :o ;D :o ;D :o ;D :o ;D :o ;D :o ;D :o ;D :o ;D :o ;D :o ;D :o ;D :o ;D :o ;D :o ;D :o ;D :o ;D :o ;D :o ;D :o ;D :o ;D :o ;D :o ;D :o ;D :o ;D :o ;D :o ;D :o ;D :o ;D :o ;D :o ;D :o ;D :o ;D :o ;D :o ;D :o ;D :o ;D :o ;D :o ;D :o ;D :o ;D :o ;D :o ;D :o
::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #25 on: June 28, 2006, 09:29:38 pm »
It was a lively night when he got going!!
Especially when he was on the Theakston's.

We had many an amusing night didn't we? ;D