trippyboy

FAO Dazmond or whoever
« on: November 28, 2016, 08:30:32 pm »
How much you spend on gas per week mate?
Cheers
Trippy

Smurf

Re: FAO Dazmond or whoever
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2016, 08:34:30 pm »
Not much at all to be honest as I'm on forums most of the time posting drivel  ;D
£20 a week should more than cover it so just add on a quid to every regular job and you should be quids in.

I hadly ever need to turn up the gas past the 1/4 mark  just set on summer setting  it's that efficent.

trippyboy

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2016, 09:24:27 pm »
Not much at all to be honest as I'm on forums most of the time posting drivel  ;D
£20 a week should more than cover it so just add on a quid to every regular job and you should be quids in.

I hadly ever need to turn up the gas past the 1/4 mark  just set on summer setting  it's that efficent.
what temp is your water set at at the heater end?

Smurf

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2016, 09:35:02 pm »
About 40c with the flow set to about 50 ish on the controller. You can run it upto 60c if you want but customers then think yer steam cleaning their windows   ;D

For all these types of gas heaters to fire up you must have the flow dial set to minimum. Oh and the most important thing is to protect it from frost especially overnight. Either drain the heater down or have the back of the van heated somehow or the frost wil bugger it up.

trippyboy

« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2016, 09:45:05 pm »
About 40c with the flow set to about 50 ish on the controller.

For all these types of gas heaters to fire up you must have the flow dial set to minimum. Oh and the most important thing is to protect it from frost especially overnight. Either drain the heater down or have the back of the van heated somehow or the frost wil bugger it up.
Thanks for that Smurf, got the oil filled rads on the go tonight, one in shed other in van.
My flow controllers is set at 75 with fan jets and my water heater set at 50 degrees, maybe i should lower the temp tomorrow.
Do you use refillable or swap overs mate?

Smurf

« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2016, 09:48:34 pm »
I just do swaps and also carry a full spare in the van if need be.

Regards temp just have a play and see how it goes but be mindful of thermal shock on really cold days especially single pane glass.
After saying that I've not cracked a pane of glass yet.

I find that fastar 8l lpg water heater a brilliant handy little heater myself and comes in very handy to fill trad buckets etc with hot water too. I've even started having a play when mixing a softwash mix to add hot water to the small 55 litre chem tank I have. I don't want chems running through the heater for obvious reasons.

Smurf

« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2016, 10:58:25 pm »
For got to mention you can also hook that heater up to an outside tap if you want to do washdowns on properties with hot tap water instaed of wasting pure. Or even wash yer horse, dog etc with it  ;D

Tosh

« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2016, 11:17:42 pm »
Trippy, turn your water flow right down on your water pump, to about 25, and turn the flame dial right up, make sure the first windows you do tomorrow morning are on unheated conservatories.
*A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odorless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

Smurf

« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2016, 11:57:01 pm »
You fogot to say put it on winter setting too so both burners are working. Mind when it reaches 75 c the heater will cut out and probably yer hoses will blow too. Not too mention a good chance the panes of glass on unheated conservatories ...Shame on you slack ;D

Tosh

« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2016, 12:09:02 am »
 ;D
*A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odorless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

trippyboy

« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2016, 12:09:18 am »
Trippy, turn your water flow right down on your water pump, to about 25, and turn the flame dial right up, make sure the first windows you do tomorrow morning are on unheated conservatories.
your a very naughty man

Smurf

« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2016, 12:16:44 am »
Slack has a very warped sense of humour  ;D

dazmond

« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2016, 07:31:13 am »
How much you spend on gas per week mate?
Cheers
Trippy

it works out around £3-£4 a day trippy used all day every day.i never carry a spare gas bottle in the van.i just drive to the nearest supplier and switch bottles(i have 2 within 5 mins drive from my work) :)
price higher/work harder!

dazmond

« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2016, 07:41:42 am »
dont forget trippy!EVERY NIGHT when you ve finished for the day.turn your pump off and open your pole tap and let all the water drain out of the heater THEN unscrew the drain screw underneath the heater and leave for 10 mins before refitting.

you need to do it every night when below freezing weather is forecast overnight or you run the risk of breaking the heater(my old L5 did when i forgot to drain it over xmas a few years ago!) ::)roll
price higher/work harder!

Dave Willis

« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2016, 07:50:47 am »
 ;D Never drained mine ever.I just put a tube heater underneath it on cold nights, but then mine was never pressured up either because I had the pump after the heater.

trippyboy

« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2016, 09:30:26 am »
Thanks for all the advice gents i really appreciate it.
Iam looking into refill at the pump, think it will cost about £300 to set up.
What do you guys think of the pump option?

Smurf

Re: FAO Dazmond or whoever New
« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2016, 10:21:39 am »
I also broke my old L5 water heater due to frost damage as forgot to drain it down. I'm also expecting this morning my static ro/di set up in the garden to be shot too when it's defrosted. Silly me  forgot to turn the heater on in its box last night. Nor did I drain down the inlet hose from the outside tap so that is frozen solid too... Oops!  ::)roll