windolene

Very few people in, but.....
« on: April 16, 2006, 06:00:48 pm »
Hi,

Decided to go canvassing on Saturday with my son Scott but on knocking on about 50 doors & only getting answers on about 20 it dawned on me that most people must of been away at the beach or visiting Mother-in-law. But on a positive note I found not 1 but 2 grade 1 scrims  on the pavement  ;D.  Some window cleaner is 2 scrims short, I can just picture him scratching his head wandering what became of them.

Kevin WINDOLENE.

jon adams

Re: Very few people in, but.....
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2006, 08:41:28 pm »

Sounds like they have worked 4 me in the past, ive also found scrims in the past, now i dye mine different colours to keep a track on them and hopefully not lose so many.

WavieDavie

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2006, 05:17:15 pm »
Haven't used s***m for ages - sold off a 50 yard bale that had been lying in a cupboard for yonks about a year ago. Have you tried microfibre? No breaking it in, no having to use it as a sill cloth when it starts to moult. Eeech, evil stuff that s***m so it is!

When I used to hem the yards, I would do that wide stitch with the sewing machine across one corner so I would recognise them - just in case, you know!

How long does the dyed colour stay in before fading away?
You're a Scottish window-cleaner? Licensed or not, get yourself along to www.slwcn.org right now !

Davie Park
Dalzell Window Cleaning Service - Edinburgh www.windowscleaner.co.uk

windolene

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2006, 09:05:52 pm »
Hi,

Only use micrfibre now, have about 50 which last me best part of a week. all go in the washing machine together once a week. what I will do with the scrims I don't know!

Kevin WINDOLENE.

dai

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2006, 08:04:52 pm »
Decided to go canvassing on Saturday with my son Scott but on knocking on about 50 doors & only getting answers on about 20 it dawned on me that most people must of been away at the beach or visiting

If your son is a small boy, they may have thought you were touting for a religious sect. Dai