P @ F

Q FOR GAZ H2O
« on: April 14, 2006, 11:31:49 am »
Hi Gaz , i saw your van a while back with  a pole carrier on the roof , what did you make them from ?

Rich   P @ F
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

H h20

Re: Q FOR GAZ H2O
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2006, 04:11:38 pm »
Hi Rich,it`s just a length of soil pipe with a couple of end caps and metal brackets from B&Q,cost about £20  :D,i took it off a while ago as i could fit my poles in the van but work is picking up and now iv`e got 50ft plus pole just incase so it will be going back on again  ;),Gaz

P @ F

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2006, 05:42:00 pm »
Gaz just been b&q looked at soil pipe but could not see the right end caps , have you any pics of yor pipe and caps that i can see ?

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE  ;D    Rich   P @ F

H h20

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2006, 05:51:18 pm »
There you go Rich, took these pics just for you  ;D
easy peasy  :P,Gaz  ;)

P @ F

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2006, 08:34:53 pm »
Hi Gaz , thats the pipe and cap that i saw .
How many padlocks do you have on the end ?
How is the the other end attached and is it a reducer ?

Also , what is the purpose of your pipe , i cant see where the brush would come out , or do you remove it ?

Rich   P @ F   

H h20

« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2006, 08:45:53 pm »
Hi rich,i only use 1 padlock but probably will be adding another when i fit it back on the van,the other end is a rubber insert that was also from B&Q i put some silicone sealer to seal it,it is for carrying one of my poles and now i have got a 50fter it will be going back on the van,and i can remove my brushes very quickly as i am mr gadget man  ;D,Gaz

simbo

« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2006, 08:55:09 pm »
gaz while your at it, do you know who supplies microbore hose the cheapest as using trolley from van more than anything now so need better hoseand can you email prices for your brushes
cheers simbo

H h20

« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2006, 09:02:16 pm »
gaz while your at it, do you know who supplies microbore hose the cheapest as using trolley from van more than anything now so need better hoseand can you email prices for your brushes
cheers simbo
Simbo,have a look at the last post on this topic,and i`ll email you brush prices,Gaz  ;)
http://www.cleanitup.co.uk/smf/index.php?topic=19075.0

simbo

« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2006, 09:05:11 pm »
cheers gaz
simbo

P @ F

« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2006, 09:13:57 pm »
Gaz , i know the bit your on about now , the thing that is still getting me is ....
 You have padlocks on one end but only a rubber cap on the other , is that not easy to pull off and for some scrote to steal your poles ?

I want to put the poles in mine when travelling from job to job and i also want to store them in the pipes over night too , the probs i have is i dont want to keep removing the brushes , so i would need to cut a small slot in the padlock end of the pipe for my swan necks to hang out , and as you are obviously aware the solid end cap can only be fitted to the larger end of the soil pipe .

Mind you , having said that , if i did use the rubber ones on one end , even if some scrote did pull them off they would not get the poles out due to the swan necks and brushes at the locked end ..

Can you see anything i have overlooked there ?

Rich   P @ F  

craig jwc

« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2006, 09:19:12 pm »
Rich

Someone would have your brushes away then if you left them on.

Your vans big enough to keep then inside isn't it?

Craig

H h20

« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2006, 09:23:56 pm »
Hi Rich,ye i know what your saying that it does`nt seem safe having 1 end locked and the other with just a rubber stopper but it is really well and truley glued in,but now im going to be putting a more expensive pole in i will probably be fixing a bracket over the end,and that seems ok what you said about putting your poles in with the brushes on when you have put the cap on and locked it it wont come out the other end,has that covered it Rich  ;D,Gaz

H h20

« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2006, 09:26:18 pm »
Rich

Someone would have your brushes away then if you left them on.

Your vans big enough to keep then inside isn't it?

Craig
Ye i agree Craig, Rich why don`t you just leave them in your van? it is big enough,Gaz

P @ F

« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2006, 10:26:36 pm »
The reason is , well theres a few really , im trying to get the points in the van not on the roof , it does my head when i need to get over a small wall i have to undo the clamps and the ties , the only place they will go is where the poles are at the moment .
Also if i need the small ladders i have to do all the above and then move the points off first .
The big ladders are going into storage , its pointless taking them every day when i dont use them , it only seems my plan is the only way to simplify things .

The poles are a bit of a pain to get out also , i have to stand at the back door and lift the whole pole from one end off of the hooks , its a bit of a strain .

If you see an easier option tell me !

Rich  P @ F

matt

« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2006, 11:57:12 pm »
that van is scarely tidy

Allways Cleaning

« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2006, 12:12:06 am »
and big ,what the heck is it?    ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

P @ F

« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2006, 12:13:34 am »
Hi Matt , Mental aint it , its cos i dont actually work , i just drive around all day looking like im working !    ;D
Seriously though , i cant stand havin a cluttered van , all has to have a place with easy access , just the way i am , i dont think i will ever be happy with my set up , always somthing to be improved     :)

Rich   P @ F  

P @ F

« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2006, 12:16:38 am »
Paul its only a SWB Transporter , not that big really , i think it only looks big as its soooo tidy inside  ;D ;D ;D

Rich  P @ F

Allways Cleaning

« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2006, 12:27:43 am »
ah yes as the picture CLEARLY shows. :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\...
which version is it 1.9tdi ?

P @ F

« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2006, 12:30:33 am »
Its the 2.5 tdi but only the 88 bhp model , wish i went for the more powerful one now , but i do get where im going so what the hell

Rich   P @ f