David 'Duck' Clare

WFP choice
« on: April 10, 2006, 10:06:01 pm »
Hi all

Ive decided to buy a backpac tomorrow (im taking the plunge!)  ;D

I need a pole to cover upto 2nd floor windows - as i have two townhouses and my commercial contract has 12 windows on the second floor.

I have 3 questions:

1. If i get a 24ft pole i take it this can be used for all 3 floors that i would need it for (i.e. it doesnt need to be extended fully whilst in use)

2. What pole would people recomend bearing in mind i want a light pole and it needs to be relatively cheap (£150-£200 inc brush head) - please inc tel no of recomended companies if possible

3. Do all poles come with the required connectors to fix direct to the shurflo backpack? if not where is the best place to get them all from?

Many thanks

David

jouk45

Re: WFP choice
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2006, 10:56:00 pm »

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2006, 11:51:18 pm »
Hi David

I think you will find that it's the backpack that may need alteration. Most poles come ready to plug straight into a female hozelock type connection.

The 24 ft will reach your 2rd storey work fine but you may find it heavy to use all the time. It will retract down to 6 ft.. if its a normal 4 x 6ft section one.

I think you will find that Gardiner's are closed now until May 1st.. heres a link to this              http://www.gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/acatalog/shop.html?http%3A//www.gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/acatalog/catalogbody.html&CatalogBody

Cheers

Andrew

Tim Morton

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2006, 04:35:50 pm »
Hi David, just to add to what's been said here already, I have 2 poles, a 18ft and a 30ft. With the 18ft I've been able to reach everything that I used to do using a double 12ft ladder fully extended, I got the 30ft because of some commercial work that I used to use a double 16ft ladder on, turns out i could've got away with a 24ft pole for that work, but its nice to have a little extra for any new work.
The 18ft is fine for all downstairs and 1st floor work, i've even reached some 2nd floor windows at full stretch. The 30ft pole i got from Gardiner pole systems, its a great pole, but i'd hate to use it all day, i'd say only use it for half an hour and then rest or change to a shorter one for a while.
Tim
Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an axe!!
Craigavon, N.Ireland

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2006, 04:58:11 pm »
hi used to use an 18ft pole which found was very useful ;D reached only just 3rd story at a stretch i now have a powerpole 24ft don't need any other poles now as i just use this one

Paul Coleman

« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2006, 05:58:15 pm »
Hi all

Ive decided to buy a backpac tomorrow (im taking the plunge!)  ;D

I need a pole to cover upto 2nd floor windows - as i have two townhouses and my commercial contract has 12 windows on the second floor.

I have 3 questions:

1. If i get a 24ft pole i take it this can be used for all 3 floors that i would need it for (i.e. it doesnt need to be extended fully whilst in use)

2. What pole would people recomend bearing in mind i want a light pole and it needs to be relatively cheap (£150-£200 inc brush head) - please inc tel no of recomended companies if possible

3. Do all poles come with the required connectors to fix direct to the shurflo backpack? if not where is the best place to get them all from?

Many thanks

David

David.
I don't know if you've figured it out yet but you will need to use water that has been purified rather than tap water.  If you have no means to make pure water and your needs are only for a few windows, I may be able to help you out in a small way until you get yourself sorted.

David 'Duck' Clare

« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2006, 08:39:14 pm »
Hi Shinner (what is your real name by the way?)

Thanks for the offer (thats really nice of you), i have realised about RO needs - ive made enquiries and have found an RO unit that conects to a garden hose so i can make the water in the garage without plumbing in a new outside tap!

So i should be ok.....besides i have a marine fish tank and i used RO water already (in very small amounts) so its about time i got my own unit  ;D

However i would like to take you up on the offer of meeting up at some point (when your free) - i need all the help i can get!

Oh i got the contract i was talking about  ;D

David

« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2006, 08:52:34 pm »
Hi david

Just about any small RO can be connected to a hoseline. All you need is a couple of cheap fittings to do it.

I only say this because you might be paying over the odds.

Cheers

Andrew

David 'Duck' Clare

« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2006, 08:56:41 pm »
Cheers for that andrew.

What fittings would i need to convert a normal RO unit?

Where is best to get them?

Many thanks

David

matt

« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2006, 09:05:35 pm »
i use a unger 3 X 3M for my comercail and the odd townhouse, its a cheap pole BUT strong as they come, well worth the money

i also use a unger 3 X 2M pole for everyday use, it does the lot, its now 4 years old, ive changed the cones TWICE now (well i ordered the 2nd set today) they cost a few quid each

my choice would allways be the unger's as they last forever and are cheap

« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2006, 09:06:45 pm »
1 male barbed to go onto your hosepipe with a 1/4in female connected to that to pop your RO feed inlet into.

We do these. Total about a fiver delivered by post I think.

Have a look around at what size RO you think you are going to need and give me a call on 01472 347519 if I can help.

Cheers

Andrew