beefy

question 4 peterf
« on: April 09, 2006, 07:13:31 pm »
just got 1 of those netto backpacks & saw you've used 1.
 can i beg the details of how you adapted it please. :-[

many thanks

Peter Fogwill

Re: question 4 peterf
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2006, 08:10:14 pm »
You have two choices, either cut the trigger off or keep it on.  If you keep the trigger you pump a few times and then press the trigger and the water comes out under pressure.  Removing the trigger will give you more of a constant flow every time you work the pump. 

The backpack will probably come with a 10mm outside diameter length of pipe, you want to just add some pole hose to that with a quick connect connecter.  Then get a pole and brush and away you go.

Peter

matt

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2006, 08:20:15 pm »
i cut the pipe coming off the backpack, added a Hozelock connection and connected like that

i dont use the trigger switch, just pump away and the pressuse builds up and away you go

dave0123

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2006, 09:14:34 pm »
wouldnt you find it hard puping the backpack with one arm then holding the wfp in the other?  ???
Dave.

Jeff Brimble

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2006, 09:15:07 pm »
Yes

matt

« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2006, 10:14:28 pm »
wouldnt you find it hard puping the backpack with one arm then holding the wfp in the other?  ???

at first floor its ok for a short stint (a odd back of a house etc etc)

i wouldnt like to do it all day though :)

beefy

« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2006, 10:37:02 pm »
thanks v much to everyone. i been wavering
 cos i want a trolley but i have some good customers that are over fences,roofs,walls etc that i cant get to even with a long hose but cant afford trolley&bacvkpack this could be the biz, have mucked about with b,pack full & must say i couldnt do 8hrs with this on my back & i spent 10 yrs going to gym, but 2-3 houses lovely

matt

« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2006, 10:48:15 pm »
 cos i want a trolley but i have some good customers that are over fences,roofs,walls etc that i cant get to even with a long hose but cant afford trolley&bacvkpack this could be the biz, have mucked about with b,pack full & must say i couldnt do 8hrs with this on my back & i spent 10 yrs going to gym, but 2-3 houses lovely

its ideal for the odd house down a lane and over a fence etc etc

i wouldnt be without mine

brett walker

« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2006, 10:51:01 pm »

is that why the ladies call you beefy cos you go to the gym ;D

anyone wearing a shurflo backpack on their back must be super human i think you will find most on here will put it on a trolley of some kind.
Personally i would find it impossible polling windows with one of those on my back :P

When all is said and done its an excellent piece of kit i wouldnt be without mine

regards

Brett.

Peter Fogwill

« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2006, 09:46:41 am »

It’s not too bad as the brush is leaning on the glass.  You get used to it but obviously it is not as good as having an electric pump to do it for you.

Peter

beefy

« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2006, 10:00:32 am »
they call me beefy cos im a fat get
thanks again :-[