jinky230

anybody using a trailer
« on: April 08, 2006, 04:48:35 pm »
guys thinking of buying a box trailer from independent about a £1000 incl vat

can you get a roof rack for the box trailer as the poles with brush on are about 6ft 8 inches and the box trailer is 6ft by 4ft

any help would advice

ps seems you cant screw anything on to the sides inside as this would allow for areas to become leaking points the guy adviced to put plywood on with no nails inside, was thinking about kitting it out like a van

anybody done this

answers would be grately appreciated

and any sites you know so I may compare would also be appreciated

jinky

Tim Morton

Re: anybody using a trailer
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2006, 05:15:53 pm »
Hi Jinky, I bought a trailer for wfp from these guys, http://www.indespension.co.uk/ , i went to their shop in belfast and got a Daxara 148 open trailer, they were really helpful, they build the trailer you want from scratch, with all the features that you want.

I didnt kit it out with ply as it's an open trailer i didnt think the ply would stick the weather too long. I just built a heavy wood frame to keep my two 175L upright tanks apart from each other and it keeps them pressed up against the sides of the trailer and i made another frame to keep them pressed up against the front of the trailer. I just use a 3ton strap to prevent the tanks from jumping out and to keep the frame in place which i have attached my pump/di/controller box.

I wouldnt worry too much about having to put a few holes in the side or base of your trailer, you can seal the holes up with a dab of silicone, plus you may need a couple of drainage holes as you are dealing with water!!

I know that Indespension does roof racks for their trailers so you can mount  your poles outside if you cant fit them inside. if the poles are just slightly longer than your trailer, why not try putting them in on the diagonal, you might just be able to fit them inside then.

Hope this helps,
Tim
Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an axe!!
Craigavon, N.Ireland

jinky230

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2006, 07:08:34 pm »
tim thanks for getting back to me I am getting a tow bar fitted a week on wed from indespeneion will ask a few more questions regarding the roof rack

I want to fit the trailer out like a van hanging reels etc to the sides so need to find out what sticks ply to the sides

jinky

Tim Morton

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2006, 09:14:41 pm »

I want to fit the trailer out like a van hanging reels etc to the sides so need to find out what sticks ply to the sides

I'd think that you'd have to bolt it to the sides, most adhesives get affected by dampness over time, and as we're working with water its more than likely that you'll need the extra security of  bolting. After you drill the holes for the bolts, smear silicone in the hole and then put the bolt through the silicone,  it'll then seal up the hole when you tighten the bolts.

Especially when you are hanging weight on the sides you want to feel secure that the sides wont fall in when you go over bumps or go round corners.

Tim
Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an axe!!
Craigavon, N.Ireland

ben dover

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2006, 08:00:06 pm »
i have a 650 litre system for sale, give us a call on 07801 752872 if interested

jinky230

« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2006, 10:52:54 pm »
just looking for a box trailer 750kg or brakes upto 1300kg

jinky