johnny bravo

leaks
« on: October 30, 2020, 04:24:49 pm »
im getting fed up with water leak build up from either reel , or pole hose.      i use normal  tap for reel  from purefreedom,    and ez snaptails from sites.         this seems to be the only areas where i get leaks,  build up over night to find water build up   needing  mopping up with scrims     headache
cant upload pics
says too big

NWH

Re: leaks
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2020, 04:46:35 pm »
Are your high pressure fittings crimped nice and tight they shouldn’t leak,you want the double eared O rings you get a better seal.

dd

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2020, 05:30:45 pm »
Do you leave your system pressurized overnight? I always dump the pressure by letting some water out of my fixed hose reel with pump switched off.

So when I turn pump on the following morning it takes a few seconds for the pressure to build and the pump to dead end.

My pump is higher than my hose reel.

johnny bravo

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2020, 02:54:48 pm »
best place for double eared O rings,  ive always used the norm  from wintecs etc

NWH

« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2020, 06:28:27 pm »
Grippa do them they give you the option over the single ones,some microbore hose seems thinner in diameter these days.
Some single crimp ones when you put them over the microbore you can almost get your little finger under the gap the rings are so big,ask for the smaller diameter O rings double eared that go with the hose you have,they do slightly bigger ones as well just ask for the smaller ones you’ll get a much tighter fit,always a good idea at the end of the day to drain what’s in the hose if you have a back to tank option like me coz I’ve got a heater it automatically does this for me anyway puts what’s in the hose back to tank.