Richard iSparkle

which electric hose reel?
« on: October 29, 2020, 10:02:18 pm »
i would like to make the jump to an electric hose reel.

which do people recommend for reliability and price?

thanks
iSparkle Window Cleaning

www.isparklewindowcleaning.uk

Shrek

Re: which electric hose reel?
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2020, 10:13:11 pm »
Pure freedom reel master , price doesn’t bother me - I just want decent stuff.

Lee GLS

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2020, 10:22:38 pm »
Definitely pure freedom

Pete Thompson

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2020, 10:28:55 pm »
The problem you'll get is that people can only comment on products they have personally owned, and it's unlikely that people will own (or have owned) more than one brand. Possible, but unlikely, because they're still relatively new to the market.

So you may get "I have a pure freedom and it's great" or "I have the waterworks one and its wonderful", but that doesn't really tell you the advantages and disadvantages of each one side by side.

I'm going to get one myself soon, and I'm leaning towards the waterworks one.

dazmond

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2020, 10:46:45 pm »
pure freedom reelmaster....i know 2 window cleaners with the waterworks reels....they are nowhere near as good/robust and fast as the PF reels
price higher/work harder!

Splash & dash

« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2020, 10:53:25 pm »
I have had the pure freedom ones bought two both faulty and had to be sent back ,and I had a full refund , then bought the waterworks hd nice reels but hose going over the side of the drum is a Paine , now got the waterworks 3D again nice reels  but slow reeling in and won’t pull hoses around corners like the others will , Ime now looking at the Grippatank ones , I did like the pure freedom reels but when spending £1700+ on two stainless steel reels to have 2 powder coated steel sent one was wired up wrong so the drum rotated the wrong way and the other the the anti snag was set to low and it wouldn’t pull hose onto the drum this could only be re set by the factory.  I feel this total lack of quality control is totally unacceptable to have one faulty reel sent would be unfortunate but two is unacceptable by anyone’s standards , I notice that they never reply to any comments posted on hear which I think is surprising considering they are sponsors I think they should comment about there poor quality control and re assure us that they are making improvements sk this situation doesn’t happen again , they just dint learn from there mistakes , Ime sure dazmond will be singing there praises in a muinit but just remember the issues he had with his reel which ended up with him driving over 300 mile round trip at his expense to get a warranty issue sorted bang out of order as far as Ime concerned.   

Splash & dash

« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2020, 10:55:53 pm »
pure freedom reelmaster....i know 2 window cleaners with the waterworks reels....they are nowhere near as good/robust and fast as the PF reels

Yes but remind everyone of the problem that you had with it before driving half way across the country at your expense to get it sorted out

windowswashed

« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2020, 02:40:33 am »
I use Pure Freedom so I can connect 8mm hose, better water flow than using 6mm hose

GAZZA B

« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2020, 06:53:59 am »
I have two vans both with waterworks HD reels 4 off them with 100mt of 6mm micro bore, never had a problem in over a year now!

Gazza

Shrek

« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2020, 07:04:21 am »
I use Pure Freedom so I can connect 8mm hose, better water flow than using 6mm hose

I think that’s why I ended up getting the pure freedom reel , I too use 8mm hose.

Simon Trapani

« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2020, 07:15:57 am »
You can get plenty of flow with 6mm hose. So much lighter to use. Why have the lightest poles & brushes and then go lugging 8mm hose around ???

Jay Le Huray

« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2020, 07:35:24 am »
had my pure freedom for over a year now, all is good

Richard iSparkle

« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2020, 07:44:08 am »
The problem you'll get is that people can only comment on products they have personally owned, and it's unlikely that people will own (or have owned) more than one brand. Possible, but unlikely, because they're still relatively new to the market.

So you may get "I have a pure freedom and it's great" or "I have the waterworks one and its wonderful", but that doesn't really tell you the advantages and disadvantages of each one side by side.

I'm going to get one myself soon, and I'm leaning towards the waterworks one.

Very true.

I guess though if someone says... “this one stinks“ I’ll
Know what to avoid
iSparkle Window Cleaning

alank

« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2020, 07:51:22 am »
2xHD 3D fitted side by side in the back of L200 pickup.  Had slight leek on first day of use but have been fine since.
Main deciding factor on these reels was the small footprint and compact size.
I work with the tailgate up and the canopy lid open both reels spool from the top so just grab a pole clean the glass then press a button to reel in.

zesty

« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2020, 08:06:24 am »

I’ve got a waterworks 3D, with 8mm on it. No problem.

I like the reel, it’s compact, smooth, and the belt drive is great. That was the main reason I went for it over the others.

The only thing i don’t like is the tourque, they won’t pull a hose round a few tough corners. Then again I’m sure that’s the same with any electric reel. At the end of the day it’s only 12volts.

I imagine it’s better at pulling the hose round corners with 6mm.

To the OP, it’s kind of pointless unless people have literally owned all three reels!

NWH

« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2020, 08:52:41 am »
HD for me if the footprint is only as wide as the reel 8-10” very quick to reel in I’d like to see another quicker on the time reeling in,as for pulling round corners and up steep inclines this is so powerful be careful you don’t end up pulling a gardener or the home owner round the corner 🤣

« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2020, 10:33:01 am »
I've the 3D. It's ok and better than manually reeling in. It's not the best or the fastest. I like how compact , lightweight and quiet it is. There was a previous thread about switch issues. I've not had a problem but it was mentioned a new design of switch is in pipeline and existing purchasers are to be upgraded. It all depends on what you want to spend and your expectations. In hindsight I'd have bought the pure freedom . Not because of  the water works build quality or that it's mostly plastic (I like that ) or for its lack of torque. Simply because I waited over 2 months for the 3D from placing my order and paying for it and constantly fobbed off everytime I chased the order. During the busiest summer I've had I really could have done with it sooner .

Richard iSparkle

« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2020, 12:44:48 pm »
thanks for the info chaps

just ordered the pure freedom version for 1 van.

will get another if we like it
iSparkle Window Cleaning

SB Cleaning

« Reply #18 on: October 31, 2020, 06:44:09 pm »
I have two vans both with waterworks HD reels 4 off them with 100mt of 6mm micro bore, never had a problem in over a year now!

Gazza
Had mine for over a year too and no problems...best thing i have bought ;D

spudd

« Reply #19 on: November 01, 2020, 06:28:18 pm »
Was in the same boat Richard... personally I just spoke to a few guys on social media that had problem with the water works reels so went for the pure freedom reelmaster.

All I can say is what a reel mate, you won’t be disappointed.

Frankybadboy

« Reply #20 on: November 01, 2020, 07:14:12 pm »
i have the water works reel and also i have the purefreedom reel both in my van as i sit here

the purefreedom reel ha sbeen faultless in the 3years ive had it and is well made,its also on a turn table,speed you can adjust,anti snag works well, 10/10

now the water works has had no end of problems (no hd model)
the chain jumps off,and a pig to get back on
the thing over runs and had to buy a nylon washer and bolt to stop it,it could never been tested before released
the controller button broke and had to rewire it a different way to get it to work
the motor lost speed within weeks and sounds like a bag of spanners
you cant fit 100mtrs of 8microbore on there otherwise it goes over the side
the elbow on the side for the pipe from pumps leaks
3/10

its now used as a spare

zesty

« Reply #21 on: November 01, 2020, 07:55:55 pm »
i have the water works reel and also i have the purefreedom reel both in my van as i sit here

the purefreedom reel ha sbeen faultless in the 3years ive had it and is well made,its also on a turn table,speed you can adjust,anti snag works well, 10/10

the thing over runs and had to buy a nylon washer and bolt to stop it,it could never been tested before released
the controller button broke and had to rewire it a different way to get it to work
3/10

its now used as a spare

The 3D is much better mate, things have moved on since the early days of waterworks, I mean Jordan’s first reel was basically a DIY design reel made on mass.

He was the first to start selling electric reels way back when.

I think they are all probably very well matched, they all do the same thing at the end of the day.

Frankybadboy

« Reply #22 on: November 01, 2020, 08:20:46 pm »

3/10

its now used as a spare

The 3D is much better mate, things have moved on since the early days of waterworks, I mean Jordan’s first reel was basically a DIY design reel made on mass.

He was the first to start selling electric reels way back when.

I think they are all probably very well matched, they all do the same thing at the end of the day.
has like us you get one chance to get it right or you bum it off

NWH

« Reply #23 on: November 01, 2020, 09:07:16 pm »
I watched an install and saw the 3D working it’s half the speed of the HD and like a toy compared imo no wonder people have had problems,I can’t see those lasting as long as the HDs.