G Griffin

Re: HMRC webinar
« Reply #20 on: October 06, 2020, 10:09:07 pm »
The whole thing is a joke now, they should stop the grants. No one cares about covid anymore and us window cleaners havent been affected in the slightest, ive never been so busy.
Are you speaking for all window cleaners?
There's a reason there's at least two more grants coming after this second one. Don't count your chickens.

No, if you have a good chunk of commercial then you will probably feel it.

Domestic wise i cant see anyone being affected.

Ive lost about 3 with the covid excuse and picked up about 100.

Loads of work out there still
What if you've been ill? Had staff off ill? Been looking after someone that is ill? Even just isolating?
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Jonny 87

« Reply #21 on: October 07, 2020, 06:44:08 am »
I can tell you now that as time goes on I am losing more and more as we get further into Covid , I took the first grant with no hesitations , I wasn’t going to take the second  , but have just claimed it now due to quite a few losses in the last few weeks.
The only good thing is that I am spending all grant money on biz stuff or stuff that will allow me to expand the biz into other areas like my heaters .
There may well not be demand for the heaters in the near future who knows , but all this gear will allow me to go in other directions at least
Quite a few losses in August, you mean  :-X.

Quite directly from Gov website.......

“To make a claim for the second grant your business must have been affected on or after 14 July 2020.”

Anytime after that date if your adversely effected, then you qualify.
Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

G Griffin

« Reply #22 on: October 07, 2020, 08:07:54 am »
I can tell you now that as time goes on I am losing more and more as we get further into Covid , I took the first grant with no hesitations , I wasn’t going to take the second  , but have just claimed it now due to quite a few losses in the last few weeks.
The only good thing is that I am spending all grant money on biz stuff or stuff that will allow me to expand the biz into other areas like my heaters .
There may well not be demand for the heaters in the near future who knows , but all this gear will allow me to go in other directions at least
Quite a few losses in August, you mean  :-X.

Quite directly from Gov website.......

“To make a claim for the second grant your business must have been affected on or after 14 July 2020.”

Anytime after that date if your adversely effected, then you qualify.
No, you're wrong; it's for half of July and August.
The cut off date for the second grant is the 19th of October.

Added- sorry, that has changed. It's not specifically for half of July and August. It is from the 14th of July and the closing date is the 19th of October. The qualifying date for the third grant is November 1st.
Make of that what you will.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

P @ F

« Reply #23 on: October 07, 2020, 09:29:30 am »
I don’t really care if there are dates of what and when  you could have been affected.
All I know is I have , I have a list of what I have lost  if it doesn’t satisfy the criteria then tough poop , it’ll be up to them to get the money back !

I have also just had to have 2 weeks at home due to my boys year group isolating  .
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

G Griffin

« Reply #24 on: October 07, 2020, 11:48:02 am »
I don’t really care if there are dates of what and when  you could have been affected.
All I know is I have , I have a list of what I have lost  if it doesn’t satisfy the criteria then tough poop , it’ll be up to them to get the money back !

I have also just had to have 2 weeks at home due to my boys year group isolating  .
Relax, Rich; it's only in case of an investigation.
You don't want to be claiming the second grant because you were affected in the first week of July. And if you have been affected since July 14th don't be waiting until the end of this month or later to claim.
It sounds like you'll be reet.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Jay Le Huray

« Reply #25 on: October 07, 2020, 03:11:33 pm »
thanx for all the help and info guys

Shrek

« Reply #26 on: October 10, 2020, 09:21:21 am »
The whole thing is a joke now, they should stop the grants. No one cares about covid anymore and us window cleaners havent been affected in the slightest, ive never been so busy.
There's a reason there's at least two more grants coming after this second one. Don't count your chickens.

1 of the grants are for businesses that have to close legally .

Klean07

« Reply #27 on: October 10, 2020, 09:28:52 am »
We've claimed and got both grants after losing some commercial work, some with access through house only and some that were shielding.
kkleanwindowcleaning.co.uk

G Griffin

« Reply #28 on: October 10, 2020, 12:48:24 pm »

1 of the grants are for businesses that have to close legally .
As I said, there's a reason that the grants are not being stopped and window cleaners could be affected in the slightest.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

AuRavelling79

« Reply #29 on: October 16, 2020, 11:32:18 pm »
I can tell you now that as time goes on I am losing more and more as we get further into Covid , I took the first grant with no hesitations , I wasn’t going to take the second  , but have just claimed it now due to quite a few losses in the last few weeks  .

Have you lost a particular kind of customer?
It's a game of three halves!

P @ F

« Reply #30 on: October 17, 2020, 10:41:49 am »
Not really Malc , it’s been all walks of life for all manner of reasons , both domestic and commercial.
Houses left right and centre due to future job  uncertainty.
A £24 a month pub outs only , the landlord threw in the towel shortly after lockdown.
A £60 a month shop outs only , cutting costs after lockdown .
And it’s still happening now so I do think I made the right choice by taking the second payout , plus Martin Lewis really hammered home that people should take it no matter how small their losses are on the show the other night
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

david mark

« Reply #31 on: October 17, 2020, 11:00:39 am »
Can a ltd company get the grant as we have lost 30 %
Of work mostly shops offices

G Griffin

« Reply #32 on: October 18, 2020, 08:01:48 pm »
Can a ltd company get the grant as we have lost 30 %
Of work mostly shops offices
No.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Jonny 87

« Reply #33 on: October 18, 2020, 09:44:11 pm »
Deadline is tomorrow for the second grant.

:o
Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

zesty

« Reply #34 on: October 19, 2020, 08:39:48 am »
Fact is, if you’ve been affected in any way, regardless of turnover, claim it.

It’s going to be a rough recession in the next few years.

Jay Le Huray

« Reply #35 on: October 19, 2020, 01:43:04 pm »
managed to get it done today, money on it's way to my bank account, happy days