SB Cleaning

Re: Conservatory cleans. Who does them?
« Reply #40 on: October 05, 2020, 08:06:46 pm »
By the time you have assembled the scaffold and all those steps we would have done the job and be going on to the next 😂😂😂😂 hears a small one we did earlier

I can’t see why you posted the last picture of the glass roof. Either take a before or after, or is that the after?
Crap job if it is the after shot....frames are still mank ;D

NWH

« Reply #41 on: October 05, 2020, 08:17:11 pm »
Yeah couldn’t reach under that opener then lol,I’d pass that on make the same as the bloke doing it my job would be giving my bank details 🤣🤣 Sod that.

Splash & dash

« Reply #42 on: October 05, 2020, 08:48:02 pm »
By the time you have assembled the scaffold and all those steps we would have done the job and be going on to the next 😂😂😂😂 hears a small one we did earlier

I can’t see why you posted the last picture of the glass roof. Either take a before or after, or is that the after?
Crap job if it is the after shot....frames are still mank ;D

That was a before shot

Splash & dash

« Reply #43 on: October 05, 2020, 08:49:52 pm »
Yeah couldn’t reach under that opener then lol,I’d pass that on make the same as the bloke doing it my job would be giving my bank details 🤣🤣 Sod that.

Trust me you wouldn’t pass on if you knew what I charged for it Thomas Sanderson eat your heart out 😂😂😂😂

Bungle

« Reply #44 on: October 05, 2020, 09:33:41 pm »
Of course
We look at them, they look through them.

NWH

« Reply #45 on: October 05, 2020, 09:42:36 pm »
I would because I’d get half for doing nothing.

Mike Halliday

« Reply #46 on: October 19, 2020, 06:07:00 pm »
Just to resurrect an old topic  ;)

This is the awkward type of conservatory we often  clean, concealed gutters full of moss with no access >:( We had to climb over the house roof to get to the back

Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

NWH

« Reply #47 on: October 19, 2020, 06:13:58 pm »
Just to resurrect the same reply again you can keep that job 🤣,anything like that I stick a silly price in if it’s a yes then I’ll get my usual guy to do it and I’ll get a chunk for not touching it,back breaking shoulder aching nightmare of a job that is why would you entertain cleaning stuff like that if you’ve plenty of work.

Mike Halliday

« Reply #48 on: October 19, 2020, 07:08:04 pm »
Just to resurrect the same reply again you can keep that job 🤣,anything like that I stick a silly price in if it’s a yes then I’ll get my usual guy to do it and I’ll get a chunk for not touching it,back breaking shoulder aching nightmare of a job that is why would you entertain cleaning stuff like that if you’ve plenty of work.

We have Plenty of work But it includes work like this which I enjoy doing,  it’s awkward  but all our work is based on our hourly rate, I work out how long it will take then charge the appropriate amount. I don’t care what it is if they are willing to pay we will clean it

NWH

« Reply #49 on: October 19, 2020, 08:30:53 pm »
I’ve just done a close up picture of the part of the roof with the opener I wouldn’t be happy with that if I was paying,you can see it’s not been done with hot water.

Mike Halliday

« Reply #50 on: October 19, 2020, 10:02:57 pm »
I’ve just done a close up picture of the part of the roof with the opener I wouldn’t be happy with that if I was paying,you can see it’s not been done with hot water.

I’ll try and do better next time.

NWH

« Reply #51 on: October 19, 2020, 10:55:29 pm »
The outside of that opening frame is still green that’s the trouble with such a big job like that it can get tiresome especially with cold water you don’t feel you are getting anywhere,if you do jobs like that often hot is a must you would really see the difference using hot water even more so if you sprayed it with a degreaser first.

Mike Halliday

« Reply #52 on: October 20, 2020, 06:07:39 am »
The photos are after a hot TFR foam Pre-wash then rinse, we haven’t started cleaning it yet.

You’re right about using hot water, We use a converted Steam diesel pressure washer to wash conservatories. It runs 2 guns at low pressure but quite high flow rates.

NWH

« Reply #53 on: October 20, 2020, 02:14:26 pm »
Ah right you are then Mick nice one 👌

NWH

« Reply #54 on: October 20, 2020, 02:16:06 pm »
Who’s that bloke on the tower scaffold with a big beer belly 🤣🤣 he’s had too much WFP no enough ladder work.

Splash & dash

« Reply #55 on: October 20, 2020, 02:53:09 pm »
The outside of that opening frame is still green that’s the trouble with such a big job like that it can get tiresome especially with cold water you don’t feel you are getting anywhere,if you do jobs like that often hot is a must you would really see the difference using hot water even more so if you sprayed it with a degreaser first.

Hot water and hypo mix is the way ahead it kills the algi , refreshes the white plastic and comes up well with minimal scrubbing

Mike Halliday

« Reply #56 on: October 20, 2020, 02:58:07 pm »
The big belly is  a touchy Subject,  but that’s  my mate/helper Pete And his belly. He has just 6 month ago become single and is now looking for a new woman so he thinks his belly has to go, he started at the gym with me on Monday morning. He’s trying to lose 3 of his 18st

I’ll tell him you noticed his belly it might motivate him  ;D