Re: Conservatory cleans. Who does them?
« Reply #20 on: October 05, 2020, 12:54:21 pm »
I clean a few in South East. An average of £60 sounds about right. I don't do many and are only for the odd existing customer. Some I charge more for but most are usually done inside an hour. I always check their expectations as to what I'm actually cleaning though. I clean the glass, the partition frames, that's it. Not the gutters and not the fiddly finials. If I were to do that I'd consider it a full day's work  / conservatory restoration or deep clean. And that s not something Im  interested in, leave that to Thomas Sanderson etc. Silly fiddly bits of plastic that crack , fall off, or get lost....no thanks.

Mike Halliday

« Reply #21 on: October 05, 2020, 02:12:03 pm »
Darren, Yes, most times we erect a platform or use the big step ladders we like to be able to touch the finial

Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

« Reply #22 on: October 05, 2020, 02:22:17 pm »
Good work Mike. See that's a different level of service vs what most consider a run of the mill conny roof clean to consist of.

Smudger

« Reply #23 on: October 05, 2020, 03:04:54 pm »
For me that’s a lot of effort when a good squirt of tfr and wfp  brush will do the same in less time

Darran

A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

Mike Halliday

« Reply #24 on: October 05, 2020, 03:25:42 pm »
For me that’s a lot of effort when a good squirt of tfr and wfp  brush will do the same in less time

Darran

We’ll have to disagree on that one :D

I carry wfp on the van  it can do the same job but not in less time (even taking into account setting up the rig)

Shrek

« Reply #25 on: October 05, 2020, 03:36:11 pm »
Why Scrimble? If they take an hour. £60 is fine
Because you can earn £100 in an hour

Or more👍

And also they never take just 1hr, unless I just get the dirty ones😉 I book 2hrs for 2 men

Wow that’s unbelievably slow. 4 hours to clean a con roof? I take it you 2 are having a long dinner break , that’s why it takes so long? Maybe try using a different chemical supplier as whatever your using doesn’t sound like it’s any good 😂😂. I just use cold water and most are done in an hour , upto 1.5 hours if it’s large.
The photos you’ve uploaded aren’t of large conservatory’s , these can easily be done in an hour.

NWH

« Reply #26 on: October 05, 2020, 03:40:29 pm »
I couldn’t be bothered going to those lengths to clean 1 either they get to more than a decent standard with hot water and maybe a bit of TFR if it’s very dirty.

KS Cleaning

« Reply #27 on: October 05, 2020, 04:20:24 pm »
Darren, Yes, most times we erect a platform or use the big step ladders we like to be able to touch the finial

Overkill IMO.

Mike Halliday

« Reply #28 on: October 05, 2020, 04:39:51 pm »
You’re probably all right :-\ too much hassle my way,  I’ll stop cleaning them.

So let me get this right... tfr + wfp + 1hr is what I need to be doing for around £60 (not the min £380 I charge at the moment)

Mike Halliday

« Reply #29 on: October 05, 2020, 04:42:28 pm »
Oops just seen a big problem :o :o I have a £120 minimum charge so I’m only going to be able to clean for people who have 2 of them  :-\ :-\

Slacky

« Reply #30 on: October 05, 2020, 04:43:26 pm »
You charged £380 for that hutch in the last picture?

Mike Halliday

« Reply #31 on: October 05, 2020, 04:46:47 pm »
You charged £380 for that hutch in the last picture?

I could lie and say yes but no that one wasn’t £380 like you say it only a small one and was part of a full clean.

NWH

« Reply #32 on: October 05, 2020, 04:51:05 pm »
Fair play to you Mike but I can think of easier ways to earn 380 notes m8 WFP just doing windows,is 380 a good above average days work for you or not.

Mike Halliday

« Reply #33 on: October 05, 2020, 04:56:45 pm »
Fair play to you Mike but I can think of easier ways to earn 380 notes m8 WFP just doing windows,is 380 a good above average days work for you or not.

It’s pointless talking money, I only mentioned my price because people need to know that their is other options to the £60 &£100 prices. I know where this is going so I not getting into ‘average days work/earnings it’s a can of worms

NWH

« Reply #34 on: October 05, 2020, 05:24:04 pm »
Yeah fair enough I just don’t like cleaning them like that to a toothbrush quality standard.

Stoots

« Reply #35 on: October 05, 2020, 06:09:01 pm »
Easier ways to earn £380 than 4 leisurely hours cleaning a conny ?  ::)roll

Wouldnt mind doing that everyday, id pack the windows in tomorrow

And i hate doing conny roofs, but for that price i would learn to love them  :)

dazmond

« Reply #36 on: October 05, 2020, 06:12:19 pm »
I think mike has the right idea.....charge high and take your time with decent ladders/platforms etc.....

Personally I'm happy just cleaning regular window jobs most of the time....
price higher/work harder!

Splash & dash

« Reply #37 on: October 05, 2020, 06:22:39 pm »
By the time you have assembled the scaffold and all those steps we would have done the job and be going on to the next 😂😂😂😂 hears a small one we did earlier

mjm

« Reply #38 on: October 05, 2020, 06:28:35 pm »

Darran

We’ll have to disagree on that one :D

i get it mike i get what your saying  i personally would have probably jetwashed the drive sides and back of the property and the conny roof wfp   tfr
or gutters empty facias cleaned and conny   i would do that on my own no steps small telescopic ladder
can your boy not be dropped off early on a morning to do that and then   you go and do the same somewhare else   or the same in the nearby street or  you go on a window cleaning round and pick him up later

or am i multitasking when i do this

Bungle

« Reply #39 on: October 05, 2020, 07:57:38 pm »
By the time you have assembled the scaffold and all those steps we would have done the job and be going on to the next 😂😂😂😂 hears a small one we did earlier

I can’t see why you posted the last picture of the glass roof. Either take a before or after, or is that the after?
We look at them, they look through them.