shammy davis jnr

Slick connect 2 trouble shooting
« on: September 16, 2020, 10:37:12 pm »
Guys my male connection attached to pump end.,does not cut off when under pressure from pump ,i use four off these but never came across this problem before,, as the rest all unclip no problem and stop water flow any ideas,
Have  done something wrong our its just a one off that needs replacing our a manufacture fault?? As only a week our so old any advice welcomed, not slating product in anyway as the other ones are a excellent bit off kit

wayne m

Re: Slick connect 2 trouble shooting
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2020, 06:45:38 am »
I’ve had 3 of these  and when it’s connected and I’m cleaning the thing just drips all the time and each I turn water off with univalve and pressure builds up In the connection it leaks water from the connection while connected. I did email exceed and ask for advice but didn’t get a response at all!, I like the idea of these but a pain they keep leaking

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2020, 08:10:19 am »
The pump side connector is female. It's also a spring loaded water stop so doesn't rely on water pressure to work. Mine work perfectly with zero leaks but as with any rubber seal, I always use a smear of silicone grease on the O rings.
My guess is that the tiny O ring in the stop connector has either come off or is displaced. It could be a manufacturing fault or complete failure also.🙂
Comfortably Numb!

advanced

« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2020, 06:40:52 pm »
Using mine for years now never any problem in fact saved me loads of money  replacing  metal connectors

Slash

« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2020, 09:01:09 pm »
I use them and are forever leaking,the ear clips are done up tight so no leaking from them,its the connection itself,I bought the rubber o rings from exceed but still leak.
In my opinion there not all that great.
I was wondering if there was a John Guest reducer fitting that connects pole hose to a reel hose as they dont leak.

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2020, 10:26:56 pm »
Mine haven't leaked a drop. I always smear silicon grease on the rubber O rings though- that goes for any O rings, it's magic stuff!👍
Comfortably Numb!

advanced

« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2020, 09:25:02 pm »
Yep best-connectors ever 👍👍👍👍👍