robbo333

For users with tailgates...
« on: July 22, 2017, 07:31:21 pm »
I've just bought a Hiace with a tailgate. Do other tailgate owners prefer to work out the back, or the side? Comments appreciated.
"Thank you for calling: if you have a 1st floor flat, mid terraced house, lots of dogs, no parking, no side access, or no sense of humour, please press hold!
For all other enquiries, please press1"

Susan Dean (1stclean)

Re: For users with tailgates...
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2017, 07:35:52 pm »
depends on your system , makes no odd with the way we have ours set up

robbo333

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2017, 07:58:39 pm »
I am thinking the tailgate is a bit big to keep opening and closing all the time and needs a bit of room left behind the van.
"Thank you for calling: if you have a 1st floor flat, mid terraced house, lots of dogs, no parking, no side access, or no sense of humour, please press hold!

Susan Dean (1stclean)

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2017, 11:03:49 pm »
we only open ours just to wind in , so don't ever have a problem , the odd time you , may have to move forward ,

but the major rules are
 always open the door fully
always open the door fully
ALWAYS OPEN THE DOOR FULLY !!!!!

get in the habbit of doing this as walking round the back of you van and banging your head on the door hurts a lot so I am told most of the lads have done it that work for us  and say  its just like banging your shin on the tow ball ,

robbo333

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2017, 11:17:08 pm »
Point taken, thank you
 Cheers
Robbo