drive surgeon

Re: Are other cleaning companies finding it slow
« Reply #20 on: August 06, 2008, 09:57:35 pm »
all you pressure washing guys gone quiet??

classcleaning

« Reply #21 on: August 07, 2008, 07:18:16 am »
hello
 not feeling like this getting a lot's form all the area .

myvanwi

« Reply #22 on: August 07, 2008, 09:47:27 am »
just signed new contract for £21,125 new build cleaning this morning, made my day

nice one!. Did you contact them or did they find you, and why do you think you got the contract rather than other companies? This is the work we have been seeking for last eighteen months biggest contract we had was for £4000 and even though we did a brilliant job it was only a small builder who doesnt really have dealings with bigger builders so cant recommend us.

pdl

« Reply #23 on: August 07, 2008, 03:37:58 pm »
We've been in this game now for 5 years and this is the fourth phase of this building project, each phase is about the same price. (Large site).  We have been with this client since phase 1 and we also do other sites for them.  This is hard work and payments take between 45-90 days, so you need to be pretty well established and have the cashflow necessary to pay wages etc.

Prices have also got to be competitive when submitting your tender.

You MUST have all the necessary documentation (H & S/Method Statements etc)

But the most important thing is to get onto the clients approved tender list.  This will involve a full H & S audit by your prospective client and you normally have to score 80%+
and supply references and outside referees, good credit rating etc.  I could go on and on, but once you have become an approved supplier and attained your position on the approved tender list, then all you have to do is be competive when submitting the tender. 

It's not always the case of being the cheapest, it about giving value for money, and past performance.

Never ASSUME, to ASSUME makes an ASS out of U and ME              Cannock Staffordshire

pdl

« Reply #24 on: August 07, 2008, 03:44:09 pm »
Forgot to mention, the other key thing to getting this type of work is to have well trained, well paid and motivated staff/teams headed up by great chargehands and of course decent vehicles/vans and equipment.  You will also need to be flexible and be able to respond to the clients needs usually at short notice.
Never ASSUME, to ASSUME makes an ASS out of U and ME              Cannock Staffordshire

kelly acs

« Reply #25 on: August 10, 2008, 12:36:46 pm »
I was waiting to see my bank manager a few weeks ago and picked up a booklet all about the current financial market. Retail, property, building etc all set to fall big time. Services was the only market expected to have an increase in work. Looks like we are in the right business for the recession!

We will loose some wok in the building trade but if house sales are falling then lettings will increase meaning more work there instead.

Things will always get dirty and need cleaning so chin up guys we will still be in work by the end of it all!
it's a dirty job but someones gotta do it!

challenger

« Reply #26 on: August 10, 2008, 01:06:26 pm »
Anyone who may be interested in quoting in the following areas email me

Nottingham, Wakefield, Gateshead, Durham, Bolton,
Brentwood, Bridgend, Bridgewater, Haydock, Hull, Iver,Liverpool,
Milton Keynes, Peterborough, Preston, Bellshill and Sevenoaks,

small portacabins right up to large offices....

;)

Hey honey
would be interested in quoting for Nottingham my email is june-hamilton@hotmail.co.uk

kelly acs

« Reply #27 on: August 10, 2008, 05:37:03 pm »
Just had a fax from Barrett Homes.  They have suspended weekly cleans on their showhomes, canteens, site offices and site toilets.  Pity the person who has to go in and clean them after a week or so, bogs will be heaving.

Yeah the firm whose show homes and offices we clean has just been bought out by barratt homes and I've heard they are stopping builds all thougether in out area once the next current phase is completed  :(
it's a dirty job but someones gotta do it!

DAVEW

« Reply #28 on: August 11, 2008, 03:59:11 pm »
hiya chris we would also be interested in nottingham did send you an email but its dodgy at mo just got fixed hopefully haha so if you have any work needing to be quoted up in notts or surrounding areas please let us know thanks chris im dave my email is david.wharmby33@ntlworld.com or 077172941668 hope to hear from you soon