Nameless Drudge

Re: Those awkward leaking gutter joint repairs
« Reply #20 on: October 31, 2015, 10:56:04 pm »
I think you should give up ladder work,

Smurf

« Reply #21 on: October 31, 2015, 11:34:03 pm »
Thanks but I don't really need your advice on what type of ladder safety products to buy or use. Whilst on the subject what was I saying earlier about throwing your toys out of the pram just because you don't like others opinions/ comments about your pals product and yes I'm well aware of why that strap has been put there.

Would I personally try risking my neck on using your pals standoff on corners of buildings with downpipes in the way?
I think you can guess the answer to that one as would be no I'm afraid. However that's just my personal opinion and choice you understand as after looking at the pics I feel there is a better suited product out there for that specific task.

Also mentioned before I wish your pal luck in selling his standoff but it's not for me I'm afraid.

Smurf

« Reply #22 on: November 01, 2015, 12:34:49 am »
Goliath could not bend or twist any part of it. Do  one,you are incorrect in your uneducated assumption ! Also it grabs tiles above the gutter line,your product you bought is perhaps comparable but I will wager not as good or as easily removable at any stage,what did you pay?
The more pressure applied the harder it grips due to its unique design.DEsigned tested and proven by a 62 year old ladder monkey that plans to stay alive.
As for the legs to grip the roof tiles as shown in one of the pics on his website who in their right mind would use a normal ladder on an angle like that anyway as would be unsafe to do so regadless?

Challenge your Mike Ryan kit or ladder-safe.co.uk,any time.,you organise it with an independent adjudicator we agree on and prepare to  lose!

You could send a laddersafe to Ladder-max and let them do the same test in the link I suppose if you feel it will not bend under pressure  as I'm sure some would be interested to see the results http://www.buyladder-max.com/ladder-max-vs-4x4/

As you can see by the pics ladder max standoffs are more than up to the task for what I purchased it for at the time. One of the major concerns people have when looking for a suitable standoff to use is will it collapse on them or not whilst being used. Hence why when looking at your pal’s laddersafe design I think it’s questionable like so many out there using a similar aluminium single strut design.

Like I said before I've had a bad experience with a standoff that collapsed on me so thought it was a valid concern worth mentioning but on reflection maybe I could have worded it a better way.

Smudger

« Reply #23 on: November 01, 2015, 03:44:55 pm »
Just when I thought you boys were going to play nicely,

Smurf, that looks a great bit of kit, I could of used that this week as I had to access a gutter on a Victorian bay and the v standoff defo couldn't cope as is not a 90 degree corner.

Nameless - while your mates standoff looks nice, to me it's no different from the £19.99 stand offs from eBay. For me the pads would be in the way and the reach  out from the wall too short ( I'd still be to close to the wall ) a better web site would help no end

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

Smurf

« Reply #24 on: November 01, 2015, 06:21:18 pm »
Just when I thought you boys were going to play nicely,

Smurf, that looks a great bit of kit, I could of used that this week as I had to access a gutter on a Victorian bay and the v standoff defo couldn't cope as is not a 90 degree corner.

Nameless - while your mates standoff looks nice, to me it's no different from the £19.99 stand offs from eBay. For me the pads would be in the way and the reach  out from the wall too short ( I'd still be to close to the wall ) a better web site would help no end

Darran

Smudger at least one positive thing I can say now you have mentioned it is the laddersave chap has fitted pads as other ones similar in design use to cut into work trousers and use to give me sore legs using the bloody things.  I betting you found that too? ;D

Nameless Drudge

« Reply #25 on: November 01, 2015, 06:29:50 pm »
Well as long as we keep talking we should all end up safe,one way or another!

Smurf

« Reply #26 on: November 01, 2015, 06:34:38 pm »
Well as long as we keep talking we should all end up safe,one way or another!

I could not agree more as we can't cheat gravity   ;)

Smudger

« Reply #27 on: November 01, 2015, 08:01:00 pm »
Well said,

Smurf - not been a problem for me, but then I usually send up one of the lads 😈

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

Nameless Drudge

« Reply #28 on: November 01, 2015, 08:53:44 pm »
Send me one to try please and if I like it I will not only buy one but could even look at stocking them

Get one posted tomorrow!

Smurf

« Reply #29 on: November 02, 2015, 12:19:07 pm »
Well said,

Smurf - not been a problem for me, but then I usually send up one of the lads

Darran

minions more like  ;D