GWCS

Re: Brodex Super-Light Modular Pole System
« Reply #20 on: October 13, 2009, 05:16:28 pm »

its always the lower section with the most weight on the them will jam.. you need to untwist them every now and them so they dont get too far pushed into the join and get stuck.

also as mentioned i dont feel pushing them together when tight is a good method, i prefer the push together until they "hold" and allow gravity to push them together to stop them spinning.

I think the ones that do get them stuck have not taken enough precautions in care of the pole to start with or haven;t followed the instructions on how to use the pole to gain maximum benefit from them.

ftp

« Reply #21 on: October 13, 2009, 06:24:15 pm »
as Swiss Tony would say " handling a superlight is a lot like making love to a beautiful woman..................."

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #22 on: October 13, 2009, 06:26:02 pm »
Just treat them for what they are, a light weight pole for working at great heights, they will wear and break and get stuck, but you have to  accept that as part of the pole.

Some manufacturers wont touch them, you have to ask yourself why ?

MoemGorod

« Reply #23 on: October 13, 2009, 06:34:04 pm »
as Swiss Tony would say " handling a superlight is a lot like making love to a beautiful woman..................."

+1 no doubt.

But, please, is there any practical info about the new Brodex Carbon-Light? Is it possible to make the same comparison with love..?

Vadim
www.MoemGorod.com - WFP supplier in Russia & CIS
www.MoemGorod.ru - WFP WC in Saint-Petersburg

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #24 on: October 13, 2009, 06:36:17 pm »
I wouldnt like to be his wife

L.Doubtfire - The Blade Runner

« Reply #25 on: October 13, 2009, 06:49:46 pm »
What took my attention was,at 45 foot approx.with a Vikan brush
Attached there was very little `bend`working with the pole at that
Height.Another `rep`indoors said that the carbon lite pole itself
Differed very little from a normal carbon( not glass fiber I assume)
Fishing pole.The carbon fishing poles I use at 45 feet with a light
Bentley brush attached does have some well,certain amount of bend.
Mine certainly won`t take to a Vikan brush,,,much tooo heavy.
What do other members find?

Lewis  Doubtfire Gleem Clean ( The Blade Runner )
L. Doubtfire
Window Cleaner

macmac

« Reply #26 on: October 13, 2009, 07:31:42 pm »
They claim on their website that it's the lightest 60ft pole on the market!!

Alex?

Mind, they don't have the best record when it comes to an accurate description of their products! ;D

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #27 on: October 13, 2009, 07:45:47 pm »
They claim on their website that it's the lightest 60ft pole on the market!!

Alex?

Mind, they don't have the best record when it comes to an accurate description of their products! ;D

They are no lighter than the Super-Lite and the complete package will be a good bit heavier than the Super-Lite package.  We have a client who has both and he has reported to us that the Super-Lite is noticeably stiffer when working.  I have yet to examine the package myself but I'm very interested in the design of their top connector section as this is one of the parts that we have design patent protected so at some point I will purchase one for comparison and legality purposes.

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #28 on: October 13, 2009, 07:50:52 pm »

I will purchase one for comparison and legality purposes.

Oh no, not you as well, lol

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #29 on: October 13, 2009, 07:53:52 pm »
 ;D

It is tiresome but occasionally we do have to take legal steps to protect our IP.  We successfully dealt with the last person who blatantly copied parts of one of the parts of our pole design, cost us a fair bit in legal fees so the kids went without food for a month .......

matt

« Reply #30 on: October 13, 2009, 07:57:04 pm »
a wrap of insulation tape works well, stops the jamming

matt

« Reply #31 on: October 13, 2009, 09:35:00 pm »

I will purchase one for comparison and legality purposes.

Oh no, not you as well, lol

;D ;D this place is getting like that " no win - no fee advert" the amount of legal eagles circling

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #32 on: October 13, 2009, 09:47:20 pm »
;D

It is tiresome but occasionally we do have to take legal steps to protect our IP.  We successfully dealt with the last person who blatantly copied parts of one of the parts of our pole design, cost us a fair bit in legal fees so the kids went without food for a month .......

Did they blatantly copy your design Alex?

A previous individual did just this with one of our pole parts but a few solicitor's letters and proof of design patent protection did the job.  I wouldn't have bothered design patenting it if I wasn't going to protect it!

drwindows

« Reply #33 on: October 13, 2009, 09:51:15 pm »
They are no lighter than the Super-Lite and the complete package will be a good bit heavier than the Super-Lite package.  We have a client who has both and he has reported to us that the Super-Lite is noticeably stiffer when working.  I have yet to examine the package myself but I'm very interested in the design of their top connector section as this is one of the parts that we have design patent protected so at some point I will purchase one for comparison and legality purposes.

While you're on about the weight of your poles alex, what do you say about the weight of your Supermax 44ft pole.  Like where on earth does the 2.7kg come from?

A mate of mine has one, and I went over to his place for a try out.  Good pole, but we very carefully weighed it on 2 differenct scales, and it is actually 3.9KG?

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #34 on: October 13, 2009, 09:54:13 pm »
They are no lighter than the Super-Lite and the complete package will be a good bit heavier than the Super-Lite package.  We have a client who has both and he has reported to us that the Super-Lite is noticeably stiffer when working.  I have yet to examine the package myself but I'm very interested in the design of their top connector section as this is one of the parts that we have design patent protected so at some point I will purchase one for comparison and legality purposes.

While you're on about the weight of your poles alex, what do you say about the weight of your Supermax 44ft pole.  Like where on earth does the 2.7kg come from?

A mate of mine has one, and I went over to his place for a try out.  Good pole, but we very carefully weighed it on 2 differenct scales, and it is actually 3.9KG?

The weights quoted on the website are for the 'dry' bare pole with no brush, gooseneck or hose (as stated on the website). Obviously there will be a margin for error depending on exact calibration of scales used.

drwindows

« Reply #35 on: October 14, 2009, 09:31:08 am »
The weights quoted on the website are for the 'dry' bare pole with no brush, gooseneck or hose (as stated on the website). Obviously there will be a margin for error depending on exact calibration of scales used.

Well thats really useful because i often use a pole with no gooseneck, brush and hose - NOT!

And you say "as stated on the website" but I am on the supermax page right now and I don't see anywhere it saying that the weights are without hose, brush and gooseneck.

No offense but this sort of thing gets right on my wick.  Its totally misleading!  No reasonable person would, from looking at that page, conclude that the weight was for the pole without those bits on.

Sort it out.

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #36 on: October 14, 2009, 10:59:55 am »

Well thats really useful because i often use a pole with no gooseneck, brush and hose - NOT!

And you say "as stated on the website" but I am on the supermax page right now and I don't see anywhere it saying that the weights are without hose, brush and gooseneck.

No offense but this sort of thing gets right on my wick.  Its totally misleading!  No reasonable person would, from looking at that page, conclude that the weight was for the pole without those bits on.

Sort it out.

I hope you forgot to put 'please' after that.  Alex will take a look when he gets back from work this afternoon.

Mrs A

Update:  I've just spoken to Alex on the phone.  He said the website has always only given weights of bare poles (see Product and Pole Comparisons on website).  I have amended the web pages for the Super-Max and SL-X to include the phrase 'Weights given are for bare pole'.

drwindows

« Reply #37 on: October 14, 2009, 11:24:15 am »
Sorry, but I just don't think that is adequate.

Products and pole comparisons are one thing, but a buyer may or may not happen to look at that.  And what exactly does "bare pole" mean anyway?  Thats a phrase you have just made up, i've never heard it before.  Yet again dodging the issue I think, why not just say "weights quoted are without hose, brush and gooseneck"?  The obvious reason is that anybody who saw that would think "well what use is that then"  whereas if they dont know what "bare pole" means then they can be happily mislead.

But even now that it is on the page, i think you are missing the point.

Do you know anyone who uses a pole without the brush attached?  Or without the hose?  Of course not.

It would be like a car manufacturer giving the specifications of the car "without steering wheel" or "without engine" or something like that.

IMO the only reason a supplier would quote the weight of something without essential parts attached (and then not make it all that clear) is so that they can make it appear lighter than it actually is.

Why not just put the REAL weight on, rather than try to mislead?

You could simply have the three different weights for the three different goosenecks.  Surely it can't be that difficult?

Sorry to rant, but this is one thing that really gets on my wick.

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #38 on: October 14, 2009, 11:28:14 am »
Sorry you feel that way.  Happily we haven't had any other complaints but I'll leave Alex to answer you when he gets home.

Mrs A

« Reply #39 on: October 14, 2009, 12:26:06 pm »
I think you've lost a customer there Mrs A ;)

DR
 surely if you are going to be spending the kind of money that a pole costs, you would do the comparisons.

all companies put the best light on their product. using the car comparison, if they sold a car claiming 100 miles per gallon, but you put the family and baggage in and get 50. do you complain because the figure they gave was for a car with a 8 stone driver and nothing else. common sense must be used.

also, 3.9kg was that with, or with out water in the hose? I find that figure misleading ;)