L.Doubtfire - The Blade Runner

Another `Doggie` Question
« on: January 29, 2007, 07:35:03 pm »

On the subject of dogs,where do we(window cleaners) stand legally if when ya go thru`your customer/clients gate with your equipment vehicle etc.your clients very
Very,valuable and well loved breed of dog bolts out,onto the road and is killed by
Another passing vehicle or runs off never to be seen again.I`ve had quite a few times
my customer and myself helping him or her find their missing loved canine creature
when its bolted and done a `runner` in the circumstances i`ve outlined above.Past
experiences from members here please thanks for replies

Lewis  Doubtfire  Gleem Clean (The Blade Runner )

L. Doubtfire
Window Cleaner

marc

Re: Another `Doggie` Question
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2007, 10:56:36 pm »
they should make sure dogs are kept inside whilst your cleaning if they dont bite they bloody slobber all over you then brush there smelly coats all  over your legs i dont mind dogs though would like one myself

KarlJones

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2007, 03:11:55 am »
If it runs off it is just doing its job  (as some post when it bites you)  ;D

You cannot plough a field by turning it over in your mind.

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2007, 08:40:16 am »
I do a semi-detached where the other house has got a dog which just barks the whole time.

Yesterday she aked me to do hers as well.
I said I've already got a headache, and if you shut the dog up I'll do it.  ::)

She said ok, but the stupid thing made a noise the whole time.
I won't be going back.
I hate noisy stupid animals. >:(

Helen

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2007, 12:36:11 pm »
Personally, if a dog was out in the garden and the owner wasn't in, then there is no way you should enter anyway for safety reasons. If you are aware the household have a dog, knock first and ask for it to be shut in. If no-one answers you have your answer, don't go through the gate. If some-one answers, no problem.
Make a rule and get used to it...if you open a gate, then shut it again as soon as you go through. Just think of it that it may be a toddler doing the running out instead of a dog!  Makes sense and takes a few seconds and adds that little bit extra to your professionalism.

L.Doubtfire - The Blade Runner

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2007, 04:11:13 pm »

In my experiences of the jobs I do ya have to go thru` the gate first to get to the door anyway!! It`s the good natured dogs I`m meaning also.A toddler,,,,,,,well,,I`ve never,
Can`t think I`ve ever been in that position,but it`s something to think on Helen,good
Point and well taken.

Lewis   Doubtfire.
L. Doubtfire
Window Cleaner