Jamo82

Long time off
« on: March 30, 2024, 10:41:30 am »
Achilles ruptured long time till I’ll be back on the glass. Get the worst of the winter months out the way then this happens. Absolute nightmare.

Stoots

Re: Long time off
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2024, 11:18:59 am »
Look on the bright side you won't have to scrub glass for a while.

Could be a blessing, forces you to employ someone and grow a business. Having no choice is liberating.

dazmond

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2024, 11:26:27 am »
Achilles ruptured long time till I’ll be back on the glass. Get the worst of the winter months out the way then this happens. Absolute nightmare.

How did you injure yourself?and what is the time frame for getting back to work?

I tore my ankle ligaments playing football around 14 years ago.i was on crutches for 3 weeks and back at work a few days later so I had a total of 3 and a half weeks off.the nurse said I would be off work at least 6 weeks.

Achilles maybe a few weeks more.

Just let as many customers know as possible and you ll be fine.

I guess you have an emergency fund to dip into to see that your bills are paid over the next 2 months?
price higher/work harder!

Jamo82

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2024, 12:02:33 pm »
Playing tennis,I see the consultant on Tuesday so will know more then looking like a minimum of 3 months though.

dazmond

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2024, 12:41:50 pm »
Playing tennis,I see the consultant on Tuesday so will know more then looking like a minimum of 3 months though.

Remember it's all worst case scenario with doctors.a lot of us heal a lot more quickly depending on the severity.

Have you got anyone that could cover your round for you?as 3 months is a long time to have off although if you have a good relationship with most of your customers they should stick with you if you explain your predicament.

Good luck mate.hope it's not as bad as you fear.👍
price higher/work harder!

Jamo82

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2024, 01:38:37 pm »
Thank you. I’ve messaged majority of customers who will all wait for my return hopefully sooner rather than later. Make matters worse for me it’s my right ankle so can’t even drive an automatic   :(

matty72

« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2024, 04:46:58 pm »
 At least your seeing someone, nhs is in right old state, I ve got some hernias cant even get an appointment to see a doctor, good luck with it mate.