james peters

hot pressure washer
« on: March 20, 2024, 06:31:37 pm »
simple question
I do about 2 /3 patios / drives / paths a month for my regular window cleaning customers ....
only for the past year , but the enquiries are becoming more ...
thus far I have achieved good results with a cold 8 ltr per m using a combination of softwashing and pressure washing.
I am limited to room in my van and like the idea of continuing with electric .... I do have a petrol washer but seem too opt for electric for ease of plug in and go .
I know the general advice would be a better petrol machine , and i am not ruling this out.
now I have dogs , and rinse my back yard with a hot water hose , and the difference between cold and hot vast.
my question is ... would a hot pressure washer of 8 ltres /min  make a huge difference to a cold of the same ?
in other words would a hot at 8 ltrs/ min be as good as a cold at 25 ltres/ min ?

Smudger

Re: hot pressure washer
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2024, 07:03:19 pm »
hot will look better than your cold because at 8 litres a minute your barely shifting the dirt - yes its cleaner than before you started but if you hit it with a petrol powered 21 lPM machine you would see a real difference.

Time is also a factor - it must be painfully slow with that little electric doo da - go bigga earn more!
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

james peters

Re: hot pressure washer
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2024, 05:51:00 pm »
hot will look better than your cold because at 8 litres a minute your barely shifting the dirt - yes its cleaner than before you started but if you hit it with a petrol powered 21 lPM machine you would see a real difference.

Time is also a factor - it must be painfully slow with that little electric doo da - go bigga earn more!

thanks smudger . always appreciate your feedback.... like I said , I do have a petrol washer, so I will stick with that ...
I upsell to my existing wc customers , and as I am learning, I only upsell the smaller jobs  thus far. I use good before and after photos .