Jay Le Huray

leaving things at customers houses
« on: March 19, 2024, 03:11:06 pm »
A week ago I needed to use my small pointer ladder to open a customers gate, when I went into the van shock horror it was not there, so here I am thinking when did I last use it ..... or has someone stolen it from the back of the van whilst I was working?

For the life of me I could not remember the last time I had used it as the above customer normally leaves the gate open.

Last night I get a text saying my ladder was still at her gate so I went there today to pick it up.
The odd thing is that I cleaned her windows 3 weeks ago and it took that long for her to text me to let me know.

Have you ever left things behind and forgot about it?

Smudger

Re: leaving things at customers houses
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2024, 03:43:58 pm »
yep. the list is almost endless....

water fed pole...
pump sprayers
gutter vac poles
ladders
reel !
pressure washer

its amazing what staff can forget!
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

deeege

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2024, 04:02:04 pm »

Have you ever left things behind and forgor about it?

Yep i recently left my Porsche on a customers driveway and when i went back to collect it there was another window cleaner taking photos of it.
"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."

Smudger

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2024, 04:22:13 pm »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D

Best post of the year so far

;D ;D ;D ;D
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

zesty

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2024, 06:18:49 pm »
A week ago I needed to use my small pointer ladder to open a customers gate, when I went into the van shock horror it was not there, so here I am thinking when did I last use it ..... or has someone stolen it from the back of the van whilst I was working?

For the life of me I could not remember the last time I had used it as the above customer normally leaves the gate open.

Last night I get a text saying my ladder was still at her gate so I went there today to pick it up.
The odd thing is that I cleaned her windows 3 weeks ago and it took that long for her to text me to let me know.

Have you ever left things behind and forgot about it?

Is this the same customer who you needed the ladder for? Didn’t you spot the ladder?

The way you’ve worded this post makes it seem like this is all the same customer?

I’ve left:

Ladders
Pole sections
Barrels of hypo

Bungle

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2024, 07:05:44 pm »

Have you ever left things behind and forgor about it?

Yep i recently left my Porsche on a customers driveway and when i went back to collect it there was another window cleaner taking photos of it.

You b4st4rd. I was going to use that one  ;D
We look at them, they look through them.

AuRavelling79

« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2024, 07:41:12 pm »
My worst one was waking up at 4 am thinking 'Have I left my Extreme 47 somewhere?'

I checked the van straight away and I had left it somewhere. By about 4.30 am I was pretty sure where I had left it  but couldn't really go into their garden at that time to retrieve it. (Thankfully the house is isolated and so unless I was really unlucky it wouldn't get nicked.)

I knocked on the door at 8.00 am (earliest I felt was reasonable) and went round the back to find it propped up where I had left it the previous afternoon.

Phew!
It's a game of three halves!

Slacky

« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2024, 09:07:06 pm »
I left a turd behind someone’s conifers once.

AuRavelling79

« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2024, 03:47:16 pm »
I left a turd behind someone’s conifers once.

Plenty of those for you in Canada.
It's a game of three halves!

Slacky

« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2024, 04:32:34 pm »
Turds? I’ve already left a few….

robbo333

« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2024, 05:56:14 pm »
Could I go for...I left my virginity at a custy's house?
Obviously I haven't but a few of my custy's are quite hot!
On a more boring note, my 'cleaning trip hazard cone' is the one I lose the most.
The last time I lost it, I went back to recover it, and was 5 seconds early before some kids decided to throw it into someone's garden!
"Thank you for calling: if you have a 1st floor flat, mid terraced house, lots of dogs, no parking, no side access, or no sense of humour, please press hold!
For all other enquiries, please press1"

dazmond

« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2024, 06:12:56 pm »
Could I go for...I left my virginity at a custy's house?
Obviously I haven't but a few of my custy's are quite hot!
On a more boring note, my 'cleaning trip hazard cone' is the one I lose the most.
The last time I lost it, I went back to recover it, and was 5 seconds early before some kids decided to throw it into someone's garden!

I drove over one of mine,had 2 customers nearly trip over them and i left them on numerous jobs over the years... ;D

I don't bother with them anymore and haven't for many years now!

I've left poles behind a few times and only realised when half way home.

A few months ago I left some stepladders behind on a job and one of the open reach guys nicked them,not surprised really as most of them were scousers! ::)roll
price higher/work harder!

windowswashed

« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2024, 07:02:55 pm »
I left a pole attached to the glass on an upstairs window by the brush once as it froze solid, left a note to say I'd collect later in the afternoon when it thaws out

deeege

« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2024, 08:46:25 pm »
I left a brand new aluminium pole at a block of flats in Liverpool many years ago. Went back the next day and it was gone.  ;D
"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."