Steve H

George email
« on: March 17, 2024, 06:18:59 pm »
Hi Guys, I received an email from Paul Davies (thank you Paul) just checking it's a genuine email before I open the attachments.
I haven't dealt with Paul before, so assume he is on this forum, as that's where I was asking for details on how to transfer George from one computer to another, hence tge email!.
Thanks in advance guys
If you reach for the stars and only reach the moon, you will have acheived more than you thought you could.

AuRavelling79

Re: George email
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2024, 09:44:04 pm »
Hi Guys, I received an email from Paul Davies (thank you Paul) just checking it's a genuine email before I open the attachments.
I haven't dealt with Paul before, so assume he is on this forum, as that's where I was asking for details on how to transfer George from one computer to another, hence tge email!.
Thanks in advance guys

I don't know. Last I heard was that Paul had closed George down. And his name is Sanders not Davies.

Does anyone else know?

OP. What does the visible part of the email say - without you clicking on it?
It's a game of three halves!

Steve H

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2024, 09:00:15 pm »
Hi there, it says P
Paul Davies has invited you to view the following shared folder: The a box below with 2023 George Installs.
I have been making enquiries about how to transfer the program to another computer, so makes sense, just not heard of Paul.
If anyone else has had this from Paul (a number of people have been using George , looking at the info at the top of the forum) info on it would be appreciated, so i can open it.
Hopefully Paul is a member on this forum!
Thanks in advance
If you reach for the stars and only reach the moon, you will have acheived more than you thought you could.

AuRavelling79

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2024, 10:09:13 pm »
Yes that's me.  You sent a request to access the George files that I managed to download from the original George site a week before it closed.  I accepted your request which is why you've received the email.  I am not affiliated to Paul Saunders at all

How do people get hold of the George files from you please?

Spruce

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2024, 10:44:03 pm »
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

AuRavelling79

« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2024, 07:18:19 am »
Ah yes! Thanks Spruce.

Spruce

« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2024, 03:21:43 pm »
Yes that's me.  You sent a request to access the George files that I managed to download from the original George site a week before it closed.  I accepted your request which is why you've received the email.  I am not affiliated to Paul Saunders at all

If you have never used George before, then it won't work as you need an activation key, which is now no longer available.
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

AuRavelling79

« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2024, 09:17:39 pm »

If you have never used George before, then it won't work as you need an activation key, which is now no longer available.

And if you have George and want to move it to a new laptop what do you do?

In steps for the forum luddite.  ;D