KS Cleaning

Re: 60k a year and skint!
« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2024, 08:00:39 pm »
I like to enjoy the fruits of my labour. House improvements, expensive cars, holidays. The wife has just had to reign me in as I was about to buy a new car, I still might if I can talk her round😆. As the saying goes, there are no pockets in a shroud!

What are you looking at getting ? Not a T ROCK I hope 😂😂😂😂
🤣🤣…A Porsche Macan GTS,  part of the VW group right enough😁

The Audi SQ5 is very similar, the Porsche is nice but a brake service is very expensive 😰😰😰😰as is all service costs with them , the nearest dealer to me is 110 miles away .
Had an SQ5 from 2015-2018, decent car but the Porsche is on a different level. I agree servicing is very expensive nowadays for the premier marques, a bit of a rip off to be honest. I have 2 dealerships within 30 miles and  4 within 100 miles🤤

Splash & dash

« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2024, 08:13:25 pm »
I like to enjoy the fruits of my labour. House improvements, expensive cars, holidays. The wife has just had to reign me in as I was about to buy a new car, I still might if I can talk her round😆. As the saying goes, there are no pockets in a shroud!

The Audi SQ5 is very similar, the Porsche is nice but a brake service is very expensive 😰😰😰😰as is all service costs with them , the nearest dealer to me is 110 miles away .
Had an SQ5 from 2015-2018, decent car but the Porsche is on a different level. I agree servicing is very expensive nowadays for the premier marques, a bit of a rip off to be honest. I have 2 dealerships within 30 miles and  4 within 100 miles🤤

You want one of theses 😂😂

KS Cleaning

« Reply #22 on: March 05, 2024, 08:32:03 pm »
Cayenne? A wee bit too big for me.

Splash & dash

« Reply #23 on: March 05, 2024, 08:33:35 pm »
Cayenne? A wee bit too big for me.

Yes v8 loves petrol 😂😂😂

DJW

« Reply #24 on: March 05, 2024, 08:53:22 pm »
Do you strap the tank in or use a trolley?

KS Cleaning

« Reply #25 on: March 05, 2024, 08:56:18 pm »
Aye the V8’s are something else! They are becoming a dying breed. I had a Mercedes C63 Coupe 4.0 V8, the sound and performance was brilliant, best car I’ve owned to date. Anyways, I think we are at risk of being told to open a new thread in the  non cleaning related section, so better sign off😉

KS Cleaning

« Reply #26 on: March 05, 2024, 08:56:43 pm »
Do you strap the tank in or use a trolley?
🤣

KS Cleaning

« Reply #27 on: March 05, 2024, 09:37:20 pm »

Ibiza in May(5 star hotel of course)then 10 days in Lanzarote at the end of August(all paid for in full)....😃
I’ve got Ibiza in May too, but it’s a Stag weekend so I’ll be slumming it! Benidorm for an over 35’s football tournament in June, then family holiday to Turkey in July.

Ooh turkey 🇹🇷 in July 😰 40°! 🥵
We’ve been in July about 4 times😎 pools are nice and warm and there’s plenty of places you can take shade for a 🍺

deeege

« Reply #28 on: March 05, 2024, 11:08:28 pm »
A couple of articles have popped up this week where families on £60,000 income  are struggling to live due to high mortgage payments and the cost of living.

Shocking really. Wonder if they have a window cleaner!

60k isn't that much if it's joint income (once tax and insurance is taken out).throw in a £2k a month mortgage and a couple of kids and you'll just get by.

When I move in with the missus we ll have a combined income of £80k+ a year.no mortgage,kids flown the nest so we should have plenty of money for more holidays,taking it a bit easier and enjoying life!👍🙂

If you ever move in with the Mrs your finances will be the same as they are now apart from you’ll be saving £300 a month in rent on your flat.  :D

What’s taken you so long Daz? You’ve been putting it off for years now.
"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."

dazmond

« Reply #29 on: March 06, 2024, 07:57:11 am »
A couple of articles have popped up this week where families on £60,000 income  are struggling to live due to high mortgage payments and the cost of living.

60k isn't that much if it's joint income (once tax and insurance is taken out).throw in a £2k a month mortgage and a couple of kids and you'll just get by.

When I move in with the missus we ll have a combined income of £80k+ a year.no mortgage,kids flown the nest so we should have plenty of money for more holidays,taking it a bit easier and enjoying life!👍🙂

If you ever move in with the Mrs your finances will be the same as they are now apart from you’ll be saving £300 a month in rent on your flat.  :D

Her daughter and boyfriend have not moved out yet.their looking at 2 houses this Saturday.theyve been saving up for a deposit.

I'll be at least £6k a year better off living with the missus....😄👍
price higher/work harder!

deeege

« Reply #30 on: March 06, 2024, 09:19:37 am »

Her daughter and boyfriend have not moved out yet.their looking at 2 houses this Saturday.theyve been saving up for a deposit.

Won’t you be contributing to the household bills then? Council Tax, gas/elec, water, home insurances, home maintenance etc etc?

"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."

cgh window cleaning

« Reply #31 on: March 06, 2024, 12:19:20 pm »

Very nice @splash
What made you get this going from the Audi and not get the RSq8

cgh window cleaning

« Reply #32 on: March 06, 2024, 12:23:26 pm »
@Dazmond

[/quote]

Why not buy your flat with the council discount you’re mad not to.

Slacky

« Reply #33 on: March 06, 2024, 03:28:19 pm »

80K. Between you?

I thought you said your missus was self employed with her own business?

Splash & dash

« Reply #34 on: March 06, 2024, 03:31:21 pm »

Very nice @splash
What made you get this going from the Audi and not get the RSq8

The engine blew up on the Audi after 56,000 miles and it’s 35k plus vat for  a new one , put me off a bit

Missing Link

« Reply #35 on: March 06, 2024, 08:38:49 pm »
We're on a variable rate mortgage.  Great during lockdown when rates were almost zero.

Not so much fun now.  ;D

It's almost doubled.
Pronouns She/Her/Madam/Ma'am

dazmond

« Reply #36 on: March 06, 2024, 10:07:14 pm »
@Dazmond

Why not buy your flat with the council discount you’re mad not to.
[/quote]

You can't buy housing association flats/houses.i don't want to anyway....

dazmond

« Reply #37 on: March 06, 2024, 10:15:01 pm »

Won’t you be contributing to the household bills then? Council Tax, gas/elec, water, home insurances, home maintenance etc etc?

Of course but I'll still be better off by at least 6k a year.

dd

« Reply #38 on: March 07, 2024, 05:15:17 pm »
We're on a variable rate mortgage.  Great during lockdown when rates were almost zero.

Not so much fun now.  ;D

It's almost doubled.
Interest rates were low for over 10 years. I just left my mortgage payment the same when they came down, and as a result paid the mortgage off a few years ago.

Bungle

« Reply #39 on: March 07, 2024, 05:33:45 pm »

Nice car and nice house. Where did you buy the Porsche? I'm guessing you had to go up to Bristol?
We look at them, they look through them.