DJW

60k a year and skint!
« on: March 04, 2024, 06:06:53 pm »
A couple of articles have popped up this week where families on £60,000 income  are struggling to live due to high mortgage payments and the cost of living.

Shocking really. Wonder if they have a window cleaner!

֍Winp®oClean֍

Re: 60k a year and skint!
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2024, 06:57:36 pm »
A couple of articles have popped up this week where families on £60,000 income  are struggling to live due to high mortgage payments and the cost of living.

The size of some peoples mortgages these days is quite scary! Think our generation were one of the last to end up with nice, good sized houses with relatively small mortgages. Plus we've enjoyed record low interest rates for many years.
Housing prices these days are just silly!
Comfortably Numb!

deeege

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2024, 10:21:33 pm »

I bet they all have new iPhones, full Sky TV package and eat 2 or 3 takeaways a week.

Some people just have no clue how to run their finances, they could earn £200k a year and still be skint.
"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."

Smudger

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2024, 12:03:35 am »
People spend to their earning power - most never think life might take a nasty turn south....
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

AuRavelling79

« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2024, 06:47:21 am »

I bet they all have new iPhones, full Sky TV package and eat 2 or 3 takeaways a week.

Some people just have no clue how to run their finances, they could earn £200k a year and still be skint.

Before getting married I ran a car and a motorbike. Sold the car to put towards deposit. When we married, sold the motorbike and got a car again.

Did an extra job on Saturdays in a hardware shop to save money.

No TV for a year until my parents gave us their old one and we could afford the license fee.

Honeymoon in the Brecon Beacons borrowing dad's car.

Packed lunches and a thermos flask (still do)

Jumpers for goalposts, lived in a dustbin.

Point being - easy to waste money on distractions -

Sacrifices.

When my son in law turns up to fill his van with bought coffee and a cake in his hand I think 'that's a fiver you've wasted'  ;D
It's a game of three halves!

zesty

« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2024, 08:04:48 am »
People spend to their earning power - most never think life might take a nasty turn south....

Yep.

That’s why I run my paid off custom, and we drive a boring Peugeot 3008 suv .

No car finance. We’re being sensible by putting the money into the house at the moment. Once we have finished the house. I might then upgrade the van and car.

You can’t have it all at the same time!

There are so many people with flash cars on tick but no money at the end of the month it’s crazy.

Mate of ours had to liquidate his company because he couldn’t manage his finances. Had a flash car, but ended up broke.

Bungle

« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2024, 04:40:13 pm »

Before getting married I ran a car and a motorbike. Sold the car to put towards deposit. When we married, sold the motorbike and got a car again.

No TV for a year until my parents gave us their old one and we could afford the license fee.

Sacrifices.

When my son in law turns up to fill his van with bought coffee and a cake in his hand I think 'that's a fiver you've wasted'  ;D

Spot on! My philosophy has always been 'if I can't afford it I can't have it.' My dad taught me the value of money. We used to mow lawns on a Saturday after he'd done a full week in a factory. And on a Sunday I would go out car washing. The car washing paid for my petrol for my moped. For the week. He did well for himself, better than a factory worker should have done. He watched his pennies and because of that he could afford a brand new detached house in a nice area and run two cars. My Mrs isn't quite the same as me. I have to rein her in a bit. She wanted to take the dog to the groomers for a wash and blow costing £30. I said sod that I'll do it for free. Anything I buy I value it against how many houses I have to clean. It gets you thinking if you think this way.

Don't live beyond your means and you'll be ok 👍
We look at them, they look through them.

dd

« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2024, 05:25:53 pm »
If you get fed up with window cleaning Bungle maybe you could go into dog grooming.

KS Cleaning

« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2024, 06:07:04 pm »
I like to enjoy the fruits of my labour. House improvements, expensive cars, holidays. The wife has just had to reign me in as I was about to buy a new car, I still might if I can talk her round😆. As the saying goes, there are no pockets in a shroud!

Splash & dash

« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2024, 06:12:25 pm »
I like to enjoy the fruits of my labour. House improvements, expensive cars, holidays. The wife has just had to reign me in as I was about to buy a new car, I still might if I can talk her round😆. As the saying goes, there are no pockets in a shroud!

What are you looking at getting ? Not a T ROCK I hope 😂😂😂😂

dazmond

« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2024, 06:22:46 pm »

I'm the same.....life is short we ll all be dead soon so might as well go on the nice holidays now while we re in good health,drive a  new car if you want.....

Just don't overstretch yourself.thats never a good thing....as long as you can afford it why not?👍😎

If you ve got more money coming in than going out on  a consistent basis year after year then your living right!
price higher/work harder!

dazmond

« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2024, 06:26:25 pm »

It's called a T-ROC R line DSG in black of course!👍😄

It's all ordered and should be on my drive by the end of the month.😎👍

dazmond

« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2024, 06:29:02 pm »

Ibiza in May(5 star hotel of course)then 10 days in Lanzarote at the end of August(all paid for in full)....😃

KS Cleaning

« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2024, 06:34:41 pm »

🤣🤣…A Porsche Macan GTS,  part of the VW group right enough😁

KS Cleaning

« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2024, 06:37:37 pm »

Ibiza in May(5 star hotel of course)then 10 days in Lanzarote at the end of August(all paid for in full)....😃
I’ve got Ibiza in May too, but it’s a Stag weekend so I’ll be slumming it! Benidorm for an over 35’s football tournament in June, then family holiday to Turkey in July.

Shrek

« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2024, 06:47:28 pm »

I’ve got Ibiza in May too, but it’s a Stag weekend so I’ll be slumming it! Benidorm for an over 35’s football tournament in June, then family holiday to Turkey in July.

Ooh turkey 🇹🇷 in July 😰 40°! 🥵

dazmond

« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2024, 06:47:52 pm »

60k isn't that much if it's joint income (once tax and insurance is taken out).throw in a £2k a month mortgage and a couple of kids and you'll just get by.

When I move in with the missus we ll have a combined income of £80k+ a year.no mortgage,kids flown the nest so we should have plenty of money for more holidays,taking it a bit easier and enjoying life!👍🙂

Stoots

« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2024, 06:53:28 pm »
Ive just aquired a 2007 nissan note with 120k on it for free  ;D

Relative died and they wanted shut of it as short mot and had an engine fault

Ive fixed it with a 25 quid part and will run it as my fishing weapon for a  few months then flog it probably                   

Bungle

« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2024, 07:31:09 pm »
If you get fed up with window cleaning Bungle maybe you could go into dog grooming.

£30 for cleaning a smeggy dog? F0@k that 😂

Splash & dash

« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2024, 07:38:45 pm »

The Audi SQ5 is very similar, the Porsche is nice but a brake service is very expensive 😰😰😰😰as is all service costs with them , the nearest dealer to me is 110 miles away .

KS Cleaning

« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2024, 08:00:39 pm »

The Audi SQ5 is very similar, the Porsche is nice but a brake service is very expensive 😰😰😰😰as is all service costs with them , the nearest dealer to me is 110 miles away .
Had an SQ5 from 2015-2018, decent car but the Porsche is on a different level. I agree servicing is very expensive nowadays for the premier marques, a bit of a rip off to be honest. I have 2 dealerships within 30 miles and  4 within 100 miles🤤

Splash & dash

« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2024, 08:13:25 pm »

Had an SQ5 from 2015-2018, decent car but the Porsche is on a different level. I agree servicing is very expensive nowadays for the premier marques, a bit of a rip off to be honest. I have 2 dealerships within 30 miles and  4 within 100 miles🤤

You want one of theses 😂😂

KS Cleaning

« Reply #22 on: March 05, 2024, 08:32:03 pm »
Cayenne? A wee bit too big for me.

Splash & dash

« Reply #23 on: March 05, 2024, 08:33:35 pm »
Cayenne? A wee bit too big for me.

Yes v8 loves petrol 😂😂😂

DJW

« Reply #24 on: March 05, 2024, 08:53:22 pm »
Do you strap the tank in or use a trolley?

KS Cleaning

« Reply #25 on: March 05, 2024, 08:56:18 pm »
Aye the V8’s are something else! They are becoming a dying breed. I had a Mercedes C63 Coupe 4.0 V8, the sound and performance was brilliant, best car I’ve owned to date. Anyways, I think we are at risk of being told to open a new thread in the  non cleaning related section, so better sign off😉

KS Cleaning

« Reply #26 on: March 05, 2024, 08:56:43 pm »
Do you strap the tank in or use a trolley?
🤣

KS Cleaning

« Reply #27 on: March 05, 2024, 09:37:20 pm »

Ooh turkey 🇹🇷 in July 😰 40°! 🥵
We’ve been in July about 4 times😎 pools are nice and warm and there’s plenty of places you can take shade for a 🍺

deeege

« Reply #28 on: March 05, 2024, 11:08:28 pm »

60k isn't that much if it's joint income (once tax and insurance is taken out).throw in a £2k a month mortgage and a couple of kids and you'll just get by.

When I move in with the missus we ll have a combined income of £80k+ a year.no mortgage,kids flown the nest so we should have plenty of money for more holidays,taking it a bit easier and enjoying life!👍🙂

If you ever move in with the Mrs your finances will be the same as they are now apart from you’ll be saving £300 a month in rent on your flat.  :D

What’s taken you so long Daz? You’ve been putting it off for years now.
"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."

dazmond

« Reply #29 on: March 06, 2024, 07:57:11 am »

If you ever move in with the Mrs your finances will be the same as they are now apart from you’ll be saving £300 a month in rent on your flat.  :D

Her daughter and boyfriend have not moved out yet.their looking at 2 houses this Saturday.theyve been saving up for a deposit.

I'll be at least £6k a year better off living with the missus....😄👍

deeege

« Reply #30 on: March 06, 2024, 09:19:37 am »

Her daughter and boyfriend have not moved out yet.their looking at 2 houses this Saturday.theyve been saving up for a deposit.

Won’t you be contributing to the household bills then? Council Tax, gas/elec, water, home insurances, home maintenance etc etc?

cgh window cleaning

« Reply #31 on: March 06, 2024, 12:19:20 pm »

Very nice @splash
What made you get this going from the Audi and not get the RSq8

cgh window cleaning

« Reply #32 on: March 06, 2024, 12:23:26 pm »
@Dazmond

[/quote]

Why not buy your flat with the council discount you’re mad not to.

Slacky

« Reply #33 on: March 06, 2024, 03:28:19 pm »

80K. Between you?

I thought you said your missus was self employed with her own business?

Splash & dash

« Reply #34 on: March 06, 2024, 03:31:21 pm »

Very nice @splash
What made you get this going from the Audi and not get the RSq8

The engine blew up on the Audi after 56,000 miles and it’s 35k plus vat for  a new one , put me off a bit

Missing Link

« Reply #35 on: March 06, 2024, 08:38:49 pm »
We're on a variable rate mortgage.  Great during lockdown when rates were almost zero.

Not so much fun now.  ;D

It's almost doubled.
Pronouns She/Her/Madam/Ma'am

dazmond

« Reply #36 on: March 06, 2024, 10:07:14 pm »
@Dazmond

Why not buy your flat with the council discount you’re mad not to.
[/quote]

You can't buy housing association flats/houses.i don't want to anyway....

dazmond

« Reply #37 on: March 06, 2024, 10:15:01 pm »

Won’t you be contributing to the household bills then? Council Tax, gas/elec, water, home insurances, home maintenance etc etc?

Of course but I'll still be better off by at least 6k a year.

dd

« Reply #38 on: March 07, 2024, 05:15:17 pm »
We're on a variable rate mortgage.  Great during lockdown when rates were almost zero.

Not so much fun now.  ;D

It's almost doubled.
Interest rates were low for over 10 years. I just left my mortgage payment the same when they came down, and as a result paid the mortgage off a few years ago.

Bungle

« Reply #39 on: March 07, 2024, 05:33:45 pm »

Nice car and nice house. Where did you buy the Porsche? I'm guessing you had to go up to Bristol?

Suffolkcleaners

« Reply #40 on: March 07, 2024, 06:49:18 pm »

Sacrifices.

Spot on! My philosophy has always been 'if I can't afford it I can't have it.' My dad taught me the value of money. We used to mow lawns on a Saturday after he'd done a full week in a factory. And on a Sunday I would go out car washing. The car washing paid for my petrol for my moped. For the week. He did well for himself, better than a factory worker should have done. He watched his pennies and because of that he could afford a brand new detached house in a nice area and run two cars. My Mrs isn't quite the same as me. I have to rein her in a bit. She wanted to take the dog to the groomers for a wash and blow costing £30. I said sod that I'll do it for free. Anything I buy I value it against how many houses I have to clean. It gets you thinking if you think this way.

Sorry late to the thread….

I agree with this 100%. Too many people have a champagne lifestyle with a lemonade income! On the flip side if you can afford to live life and enjoy holidays etc then why not. I guess it’s a balancing act and circumstance depending. Also the amount of people I’ve met who are wealthy and never travel anywhere other than their local seaside resort baffles me! Each to their own bit travelling the world is a must! You have but  one life!!

Bungle

« Reply #41 on: March 07, 2024, 07:43:11 pm »

Sacrifices.

I agree with this 100%. Too many people have a champagne lifestyle with a lemonade income! On the flip side if you can afford to live life and enjoy holidays etc then why not. I guess it’s a balancing act and circumstance depending. Also the amount of people I’ve met who are wealthy and never travel anywhere other than their local seaside resort baffles me! Each to their own bit travelling the world is a must! You have but  one life!!

I wish I'd traveled when I was younger. My son is currently in Bali for two weeks then Vietnam for two weeks and then Thailand for two weeks. One of his mates who he's travelling with is going to Australia for a year straight after.

JandS

« Reply #42 on: March 07, 2024, 08:18:28 pm »
Don't want to be richest man in the graveyard.
Impossible done straight away, miracles can take a little longer.

Suffolkcleaners

« Reply #43 on: March 07, 2024, 09:21:55 pm »

Sacrifices.

I wish I'd traveled when I was younger. My son is currently in Bali for two weeks then Vietnam for two weeks and then Thailand for two weeks. One of his mates who he's travelling with is going to Australia for a year straight after.

Good for your son. I bet you get some satisfaction knowing your son is living life to the full :)

I’ve got two sons and would want them
To be the same. Barring health it’s never too late to travel 👍

Slacky

« Reply #44 on: March 07, 2024, 09:42:09 pm »

Sacrifices.

I travelled and worked for fours years when I left college. Best time of my life. Although the best is yet to come.

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #45 on: March 07, 2024, 11:15:39 pm »
Funny how we are all different. I have no desire whatsoever to travel the world, or even leave this country at all and I can afford to.
However, I live a very chilled, peaceful life. I live in a dream location in a nice 4/5 bedroom detached home with 3 balconies overlooking stunning scenery. I can literally walk out of my door and fish for Salmon. I never lock my van day or night and seldom the car either- there is zero crime in the immediate area. This is the place and position that I always dreamed of and I have achieved it without being laden with debt and retaining plenty of disposable income. I'm completely happy, content and at total peace in my surroundings and I am very grateful and feel very fortunate to be in this position. It wouldn't matter one iota to me whether I never left these shores again for the rest of my life, that desire just doesn't reside in me at all, I'm already fulfilled.
I have worked since I was 12 years old mind, I'm now 51 and have never been awarded any financial assistance nor ever claimed any state benefit. Good timing and fortune in the housing market has helped on the way- I couldn't afford to buy my own house now!!
Comfortably Numb!

DJW

« Reply #46 on: March 08, 2024, 07:21:13 am »
I don’t even posses a passport these days. I’ve travelled in the past and discovered many countries particularly around the Med are almost identical. The tourist hot spots embarrass me to be honest and I hate crowds.
I like flash cars but have no desire to own one. I live in the country and prefer spotting wildlife to humans.
I’m probably tight too 🙂 spending thousands to eat beans in a bath just doesn’t appeal 🤣
The ratio of property prices to annual earnings is ridiculous . Before the thread descended into a bragging competition I can understand why £60,000 is not much to get by on any more. My Son and partner combined probably earn a similar figure but have no disposable income left out of that. My daughter has little hope of even getting on the property ladder with prices in excess of £200,000 for a starter home.

Ggh

« Reply #47 on: March 08, 2024, 02:13:39 pm »
I don’t even posses a passport these days. I’ve travelled in the past and discovered many countries particularly around the Med are almost identical. The tourist hot spots embarrass me to be honest and I hate crowds.
I like flash cars but have no desire to own one. I live in the country and prefer spotting wildlife to humans.
I’m probably tight too 🙂 spending thousands to eat beans in a bath just doesn’t appeal 🤣
The ratio of property prices to annual earnings is ridiculous . Before the thread descended into a bragging competition I can understand why £60,000 is not much to get by on any more. My Son and partner combined probably earn a similar figure but have no disposable income left out of that. My daughter has little hope of even getting on the property ladder with prices in excess of £200,000 for a starter home.

Tell her to eat less avocados and get a cheaper phone. She’ll be able to buy a house then.

Z21 cherry picker and operator for hire
From £350/day

dd

« Reply #48 on: March 08, 2024, 04:41:37 pm »
Funny how we are all different. I have no desire whatsoever to travel the world, or even leave this country at all and I can afford to.
However, I live a very chilled, peaceful life. I live in a dream location in a nice 4/5 bedroom detached home with 3 balconies overlooking stunning scenery. I can literally walk out of my door and fish for Salmon. I never lock my van day or night and seldom the car either- there is zero crime in the immediate area. This is the place and position that I always dreamed of and I have achieved it without being laden with debt and retaining plenty of disposable income. I'm completely happy, content and at total peace in my surroundings and I am very grateful and feel very fortunate to be in this position. It wouldn't matter one iota to me whether I never left these shores again for the rest of my life, that desire just doesn't reside in me at all, I'm already fulfilled.
I have worked since I was 12 years old mind, I'm now 51 and have never been awarded any financial assistance nor ever claimed any state benefit. Good timing and fortune in the housing market has helped on the way- I couldn't afford to buy my own house now!!
Where do you live Winpro?

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #49 on: March 08, 2024, 06:20:44 pm »

Scottish borders but originally from South Yorkshire.
Comfortably Numb!

Bungle

« Reply #50 on: March 08, 2024, 06:43:06 pm »

Just noticed your Union Flag is wrong Winpro. On the left hand side the wider part of the white should be above the narrower part of white.

Like this.

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #51 on: March 08, 2024, 07:47:19 pm »

Just noticed your Union Flag is wrong Winpro. On the left hand side the wider part of the white should be above the narrower part of white.

Like this.

Thanks for that Bungle, I'll sleep better tonight now!😁👍
Comfortably Numb!

Bungle

« Reply #52 on: March 08, 2024, 08:24:44 pm »

Like this.

Thanks for that Bungle, I'll sleep better tonight now!😁👍

Not a problem. An upside down Union flag on a ship means it's in distress 👍

DJW

« Reply #53 on: March 08, 2024, 08:40:25 pm »
Surprised the Union Jack hasn’t been banned yet.

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #54 on: March 08, 2024, 08:51:46 pm »
Surprised the Union Jack hasn’t been banned yet.

It's coming Dave, it will be seen as 'offensive' before too long. There's a whole new generation making a career out of being offended!! Manufactured grievance.
Comfortably Numb!

dd

« Reply #55 on: March 09, 2024, 05:08:57 pm »
How do you find the weather in the Scottish Borders Winpro?

Bungle

« Reply #56 on: March 09, 2024, 05:18:13 pm »

Met Office app.

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #57 on: March 09, 2024, 05:25:31 pm »

Absolutely fine, not that much different from South Yorkshire. I would probably say though any 'severe' weather is a bit more 'severe' but generally not much different. The weather generally gets worse the further North and further West you go in Scotland- the weather is predominantly from the west.
It's still too hot to work in summer here just like other parts of the UK, I still have to plaster myself in sunblock every summer!!😁
Comfortably Numb!

Bungle

« Reply #58 on: March 11, 2024, 08:54:46 pm »

Post some more pics of your Porsche splash. I want one 😍

Splash & dash

« Reply #59 on: March 11, 2024, 09:30:06 pm »

Will these do ?

Bungle

« Reply #60 on: March 12, 2024, 01:32:46 pm »

Will these do ?

Ver ver nice! How much does it cost you to tax and insure it?

cgh window cleaning

« Reply #61 on: March 12, 2024, 04:48:18 pm »
I would guess Tax will probably be around £580-£600 as you pay £390 additional road tax on a car over £40k

I would guess insurance is subject to the individual age where they live etc,etc.

Fair play @splash & dash looks like window cleanings been very good to you the car is lovely but the house looks really nice..I would guess that’s a million plus property down there.

Shrek

« Reply #62 on: March 12, 2024, 05:04:15 pm »
I would guess Tax will probably be around £580-£600 as you pay £390 additional road tax on a car over £40k

I would guess insurance is subject to the individual age where they live etc,etc.

Fair play @splash & dash looks like window cleanings been very good to you the car is lovely but the house looks really nice..I would guess that’s a million plus property down there.

It’s also handy when you get paid 50k a year to be a full time fireman but do window cleaning instead and still get paid from both 🤑

Splash & dash

« Reply #63 on: March 12, 2024, 05:07:58 pm »

It’s also handy when you get paid 50k a year to be a full time fireman but do window cleaning instead and still get paid from both 🤑

Ime a retained watch manager not whole time . And certainly don’t get 50 k per year from the fire service wish I did .

Splash & dash

« Reply #64 on: March 12, 2024, 05:08:38 pm »

Will these do ?

None of your business 😂😂😂😂

Splash & dash

« Reply #65 on: March 12, 2024, 05:10:15 pm »

No the  house isn’t worth anything like that if it were on the coast then yes it would be .

Bungle

« Reply #66 on: March 12, 2024, 05:23:28 pm »

Will these do ?

Some pictures of the cockpit please 🙏 I want this car 😍

Splash & dash

« Reply #67 on: March 12, 2024, 05:35:45 pm »

Will these do ?

Give me your email and you can have a load more

Stoots

« Reply #68 on: March 12, 2024, 05:35:57 pm »
Not a bad gaff and motor for a window cleaner that well done.

Bungle

« Reply #69 on: March 12, 2024, 05:45:16 pm »

Will these do ?

Give me your email and you can have a load more

thingybob1875@gmail.com  Send em over splash

windowswashed

« Reply #70 on: March 12, 2024, 07:21:08 pm »
Had a Porsche when I was 23, great cars but everyone charges a RIP off tax to service and parts for them. Drive a Jag XKR and people let you out of junctions and are more civil than to Porsche drivers.

DJW

« Reply #71 on: March 12, 2024, 08:15:47 pm »
Is that a housing association property?

Gringo

« Reply #72 on: March 13, 2024, 09:27:52 am »
 ;D not in Salford

Stoots

« Reply #73 on: March 13, 2024, 09:30:47 am »
;D not in Salford

Daz probably cleans that. Looks like it's in the leafy suburbs  ;D

Bungle

« Reply #74 on: March 13, 2024, 05:25:54 pm »
No email has come through yet splash.

Splash & dash

« Reply #75 on: March 13, 2024, 08:05:09 pm »

Patience is a virtue 😂😂 it’s to dark to take pictures of an evening, but you will get them as soon as I can organise it 👍

Bungle

« Reply #76 on: March 13, 2024, 08:23:40 pm »

Patience is a virtue 😂😂 it’s to dark to take pictures of an evening, but you will get them as soon as I can organise it 👍

Take some in the morning before you go to work 👍

deeege

« Reply #77 on: March 13, 2024, 08:31:16 pm »
Why would you want pictures of some randoms car anyway?  ???

KS Cleaning

« Reply #78 on: March 13, 2024, 08:53:26 pm »
Maybe because he’s a bit of a petrol head and he really likes the look of Splash’s Porsche?

zesty

« Reply #79 on: March 13, 2024, 09:04:41 pm »
Maybe because he’s a bit of a petrol head and he really likes the look of Splash’s Porsche?

It is a tad weird, he could just Google the car make and model, or look at them on autotrader.

KS Cleaning

« Reply #80 on: March 13, 2024, 10:20:39 pm »

It is a tad weird, he could just Google the car make and model, or look at them on autotrader.
I get that, but there are so many individual options with these cars that literally no two Porsche’s are the same.

simon w

« Reply #81 on: March 14, 2024, 12:19:09 pm »

Because bungle is obviously calling him out and questioning whether it's really his car. Come on bungle just come out and say it.

Smudger

« Reply #82 on: March 14, 2024, 12:21:05 pm »
Splash have you moved house ?
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

DJW

« Reply #83 on: March 14, 2024, 01:30:06 pm »
That’s a bit of a Torpoint!

Splash & dash

« Reply #84 on: March 14, 2024, 02:41:39 pm »
Splash have you moved house ?

Yes I have several 😉

Splash & dash

« Reply #85 on: March 14, 2024, 02:42:08 pm »

Because bungle is obviously calling him out and questioning whether it's really his car. Come on bungle just come out and say it.

He’s going to be in for a shock 😂😂😂

Smudger

« Reply #86 on: March 14, 2024, 02:57:40 pm »
didn't ask how many - just have you moved ?

Splash & dash

« Reply #87 on: March 14, 2024, 03:03:03 pm »
didn't ask how many - just have you moved ?

Same answer yes

Smudger

« Reply #88 on: March 14, 2024, 03:15:52 pm »
you need to update your web site !  ;D

Splash & dash

« Reply #89 on: March 14, 2024, 03:22:13 pm »
you need to update your web site !  ;D

No it’s deliberately still like that 😂😂 you asked if I had moved not have I sold the place

Smudger

« Reply #90 on: March 14, 2024, 03:58:05 pm »
that was my confusion as your photo's showed a different place to where you used to be - wasn't sure if you were winding certain peeps up or not   ;D

Splash & dash

« Reply #91 on: March 14, 2024, 04:10:05 pm »
that was my confusion as your photo's showed a different place to where you used to be - wasn't sure if you were winding certain peeps up or not   ;D

No no wind up

simon w

« Reply #92 on: March 14, 2024, 04:39:43 pm »

He’s going to be in for a shock 😂😂😂

Hope so.

Bungle

« Reply #93 on: March 15, 2024, 05:24:48 pm »

🤔

Always shining

« Reply #94 on: March 15, 2024, 06:01:42 pm »
This thread is driving me mad but I just can’t stop scratching that itch!!
What was the last post supposed to mean with the highlighting?
Is it me?

dazmond

« Reply #95 on: March 15, 2024, 06:19:03 pm »
It's obviously not the window cleaners car it's a customers car on his round!

Why would a window cleaner buy a porsche?even if he had the money for one they are serious money pits!the servicing costs and parts are astronomical....not worth it!

DJW

« Reply #96 on: March 15, 2024, 07:14:19 pm »
You do realise Splash ,whoever that car belongs to I can quite easily see the postcode and street for that car. Should I wish to ‘borrow’ it, It wouldn’t take long to find.
If it’s yours then who cares. If it’s a customers then they might not be impressed.

deeege

« Reply #97 on: March 15, 2024, 07:24:35 pm »
Obviously just took a few pics of his own car whilst cleaning his own windows on his own house.  ::)roll

Would actually be hilarious and actually quite sad at the same time if Splash has hijacked this thread with pics of a customers car and house…

Splash???

Splash & dash

« Reply #98 on: March 15, 2024, 07:30:34 pm »
Obviously just took a few pics of his own car whilst cleaning his own windows on his own house.  ::)roll

Would actually be hilarious and actually quite sad at the same time if Splash has hijacked this thread with pics of a customers car and house…

Splash???

You do have a vivid imagination but it’s  interesting hearing one’s view 😉

Smudger

« Reply #99 on: March 15, 2024, 08:19:12 pm »
Did you send bungle the photo of the interior ? - depending on available daylight and hopefully the porche comes within th some sort of lighting

Bungle

« Reply #100 on: March 15, 2024, 08:50:09 pm »
Did you send bungle the photo of the interior ? - depending on available daylight and hopefully the porche comes within th some sort of lighting

What do you think?

KS Cleaning

« Reply #101 on: March 15, 2024, 08:54:51 pm »
You bunch of doubting Thomases, green eyed monsters😁

Splash & dash

« Reply #102 on: March 15, 2024, 09:01:49 pm »

No I haven’t yet just biding my time to draw people out to show their true colours 😉but they will come

KS Cleaning

« Reply #103 on: March 15, 2024, 09:03:32 pm »

Why would a window cleaner buy a porsche?even if he had the money for one they are serious money pits!the servicing costs and parts are astronomical....not worth it!
A lot of people would say it’s not worth getting brand new Golf GTi’s, GTd’s TRoc’s on PCP deals every 3 or 4 years.

Bungle

« Reply #104 on: March 15, 2024, 09:08:52 pm »

No I haven’t yet just biding my time to draw people out to show their true colours 😉but they will come

Just leave off with all the 🐂💩 fella. If anything it shows how insecure you are. Remember Part Timer calling you out on the other forum? We ain't all daft so stop trying to kid us!

Smudger

« Reply #105 on: March 15, 2024, 09:43:45 pm »

What do you think?

I know the answer - the next step will be a fained outrage 🤣

dazmond

« Reply #106 on: March 16, 2024, 08:59:12 am »

A lot of people would say it’s not worth getting brand new Golf GTi’s, GTd’s TRoc’s on PCP deals every 3 or 4 years.

Nowhere near the cost of owning and servicing a Porsche though.

KS Cleaning

« Reply #107 on: March 16, 2024, 09:24:29 am »

Nowhere near the cost of owning and servicing a Porsche though.
You wouldn’t expect to be driving a Porsche for the same kind of money as driving a VW though, just like you wouldn’t expect to drive a Dacia for the same money as a VW, it’s all relative.

NBwcs

« Reply #108 on: March 16, 2024, 09:21:15 pm »

Just leave off with all the 🐂💩 fella. If anything it shows how insecure you are. Remember Part Timer calling you out on the other forum? We ain't all daft so stop trying to kid us!

What was he called out on?

Bungle

« Reply #109 on: March 18, 2024, 03:38:37 pm »
Have a guess.

Smudger

« Reply #110 on: March 18, 2024, 04:05:08 pm »
Shame really as he is a successful business why post pictures of a car thats not yours ?

simon w

« Reply #111 on: March 18, 2024, 05:43:30 pm »
How do you know that's not his car & house? and he took the photo's whilst his windows were being cleaned.

simon w

« Reply #112 on: March 18, 2024, 05:48:53 pm »

There are other Hell Holes  window cleaning forums as well as C I U  :o

robert mitchell

« Reply #113 on: March 18, 2024, 07:22:01 pm »

Ime a retained watch manager not whole time . And certainly don’t get 50 k per year from the fire service wish I did .

A firefighter is on 36km once trained , been on a pay freeze for ten years but got a pay rise last year , if we had kept up with inflation it should be about 44k now .
www.ishinewindowcleaning.co.uk

The man who never made a mistake never made anything.

Smudger

« Reply #114 on: March 18, 2024, 09:33:44 pm »
How do you know that's not his car & house? and he took the photo's whilst his windows were being cleaned.

I don't - hence the question !!

Some on here seem pretty certain about things ... there are several things that put doubt in my mind but you'd need to be a real saddo to post someone else's car IMO

AuRavelling79

« Reply #115 on: March 19, 2024, 08:19:42 am »

There are other Hell Holes  window cleaning forums as well as C I U  :o

Outside is where their weeping and gnashing of teeth will be.  ;D
It's a game of three halves!