Splash & dash

Re: Water meter
« Reply #20 on: February 10, 2024, 07:21:04 pm »
Don't forget to add a portion of your water meter bill to your expenses.i put down £30 per month for mine as I'm on a meter too (but DI only.)

How much do you guys put down for washing cloths and workclothes per year?I put £60 a year which I think is the most you can claim for.

Put down what ever it is £60 or 6,000 depending on the size of the business everyone will be different

I meant to say sole traders only....

Sole traders can have employees

Bungle

« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2024, 10:55:10 pm »
I had my water bill today. I'm on a meter. £388 for 6 months. Works out at about £3 odd per working day. Can't grumble at that really.

Most water bills are 3 monthly not 6 are you sure that’s right ?..

I get a bill in February and  August. How much are your water bills splash?
We look at them, they look through them.

dazmond

« Reply #22 on: February 11, 2024, 11:12:06 am »
I had my water bill today. I'm on a meter. £388 for 6 months. Works out at about £3 odd per working day. Can't grumble at that really.

Same...I thought all water bills had the same format.
price higher/work harder!

Splash & dash

« Reply #23 on: February 11, 2024, 11:25:22 am »

Varies a bit but around 1,800 a quarter

Spruce

« Reply #24 on: February 11, 2024, 12:04:47 pm »
Don't forget to add a portion of your water meter bill to your expenses.i put down £30 per month for mine as I'm on a meter too (but DI only.)

How much do you guys put down for washing cloths and workclothes per year?I put £60 a year which I think is the most you can claim for.

You should have a separate meter so you know how much water you use for window cleaning.

Fine for your claim for washing clothes and cloths every day. You might also consider another claim for the electricity you use for heating the van every winter. Your charger also uses a bit of electricity every day.
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

dazmond

« Reply #25 on: February 11, 2024, 02:53:39 pm »

You should have a separate meter so you know how much water you use for window cleaning.

Fine for your claim for washing clothes and cloths every day. You might also consider another claim for the electricity you use for heating the van every winter. Your charger also uses a bit of electricity every day.

I haven't got a separate meter.£30 a month is around half my water bill.as I live on my own that's about right.

I've never claimed for electricity for charging my batteries overnight.ive no idea where to start with working that out.itd be a guess anyway.maybe I could put down £10 per month?it's never gonna be an exact percentage.
price higher/work harder!

Ggh

« Reply #26 on: February 12, 2024, 03:55:12 pm »

I haven't got a separate meter.£30 a month is around half my water bill.as I live on my own that's about right.

I've never claimed for electricity for charging my batteries overnight.ive no idea where to start with working that out.itd be a guess anyway.maybe I could put down £10 per month?it's never gonna be an exact percentage.

Just work out the kw your charger runs at, then multiply by the number of hours. Then multiply by whatever you’re paying per unit.

If your charger is half a kw and you run it for ten hours a week, that’s 5kwh…….
Z21 cherry picker and operator for hire
From £350/day

Slacky

« Reply #27 on: February 12, 2024, 03:59:54 pm »

Thought you'd moved in with the missus.