evo

Buckit.co.uk
« on: April 10, 2012, 08:44:58 pm »
Hi guys have any of you tried this program yet and if so what do you think many thanks james

http://www.buckit.co.uk/Home.aspx

boshravie

Re: Buckit.co.uk
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2012, 09:13:29 pm »
Looks good and 2 months FREE trial  :D

Chris Cottrell

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2012, 05:44:37 pm »
I tried to have a go but it wont import my data

not a very good 1st impression so far

Blue Frog Systems

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2012, 05:55:40 pm »
How are you trying to import it Chris ?
Only those who risk going too far will truly know how far they can actually go

« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2012, 07:39:41 pm »
can't even register an account.....

Mist A Bit

« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2012, 07:44:53 pm »
never heard of it but the lady cleaner in the pic looks good

Cliff perkins

« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2012, 08:23:57 pm »
New 1 to me
Www.1stglasswindowcleaning.co.uk

teambuckit

« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2012, 12:33:31 pm »
Hi - thanks for your interest in Buckit.

We're constantly working on the system to try to improve it and add new features, so please feel free to let us know what you think and how we can make it better!

Quote from: Chris Cottrell
I tried to have a go but it wont import my data
Hi Chris - just wanted to let you know that we found there are some oddities in the way George exports CSV data, which is why the import failed. We've emailed you a fixed CSV file which should work fine now - apologies for the inconvenience.

Quote from: dw
can't even register an account...
Hmmm... that's odd - you should receive a notification email after signing up - please check your "Junk Email" folder in case it's gone in there. I just tried signing up myself and the system is working fine, so if you want to try again please feel free to do so!

Quote from: eco-clean
never heard of it but the lady cleaner in the pic looks good
She must be happy because she's using Buckit! ;)

[In the interests of full disclosure: "teambuckit" are the chaps behind the Buckit website. Our account on this forum is not for marketing, but just to answer any questions/queries that crop up!]

Halfadaylee

« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2012, 03:14:23 pm »
I have registered, what now? do you send me an email
Currently thinking buckit
Art

Erithwc

« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2012, 03:43:25 pm »
the site and sofware images have that window cleaner pro look to them  :) :)

Plus i dont like the idea of cloud software as the site owners can see my company customer files, theres no gurantee that the software owners don't own a cleaning company themselves.

Regards Paul

g.brookes

« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2012, 03:44:20 pm »
i clicked register , filled out my details and it went to a white screen, and ive got no junk mail

supernova77

« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2012, 03:47:03 pm »
There seems to be a few new "cloud" software options around for us window cleaners at the moment... I'm not 100% convinced by online software that holds all my business data... What happens if the site is down when I need to get some information, or print off a worklist?

I'm sticking with George for now... It does everything I need it to do.

Andy

teambuckit

« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2012, 03:58:57 pm »
@ g.brooks & halfadaylee

Apologies for the inconvenience - we've had a lot of people signing up today and that seems to have briefly caused an issue on our server affecting new user registrations. Our developers have resolved it now - please try signing on again and you should be fine!

After signing up, you should receive an email (pretty much immediately) containing your logon information. Thanks again!

evo

« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2012, 04:09:59 pm »
@ g.brooks & halfadaylee

Apologies for the inconvenience - we've had a lot of people signing up today and that seems to have briefly caused an issue on our server affecting new user registrations. Our developers have resolved it now - please try signing on again and you should be fine!

After signing up, you should receive an email (pretty much immediately) containing your logon information. Thanks again!

Hi mate can you please send me the file too so i can in port the George data because i am going to give it a try tonight many thanks James
pure.window@googlemail.com

teambuckit

« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2012, 04:40:04 pm »
Hi James - no problem we're happy to help.

You will need to export your data from George first and then import it into Buckit. There are some step-by-step instructions on the Buckit Support Forum here :-
www.buckitforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=11&p=11

In Chris's case (mentioned previously) the data exported from George didn't seem to be a valid CSV file, however we have tested the whole export/import process with other databases since and they were all ok. Hopefully his case was a one-off and you should be fine if you follow the above instructions.

If you do have any difficulties please let us know and we'll sort it out for you. Probably the best way to contact us is via the Buckit Support Forum (www.buckitforum.co.uk) rather than clogging up this forum with support issues.

Hope this helps - thanks!

Window Washers

« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2012, 04:47:13 pm »
can this be imported from window cleaner pro ?
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

teambuckit

« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2012, 05:32:49 pm »
Quote from: Window Washers
can this be imported from window cleaner pro?
Good question... unfortuantely at the moment we can't find a way to export a database from Window Cleaner Pro. If you know how to do this, or if you're somehow able to export your data from WCP then by all means send us a copy of the exported data (info@buckit.co.uk) and we will import it into Buckit for you.

Quote from: Erith Window Cleaning
i dont like the idea of cloud software as the site owners can see my company customer files, theres no gurantee that the software owners don't own a cleaning company themselves.
I'm not sure how we can "guarantee" that we're not a cleaning company, but we're not! We are a software development company and have been for many years. Fair point about security/confidentiality though - we've addressed these questions on our support forum here :-
http://www.buckitforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=5&p=56

Hope this helps!

evo

« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2012, 05:54:47 pm »
Quote from: Window Washers
can this be imported from window cleaner pro?
Good question... unfortuantely at the moment we can't find a way to export a database from Window Cleaner Pro. If you know how to do this, or if you're somehow able to export your data from WCP then by all means send us a copy of the exported data (info@buckit.co.uk) and we will import it into Buckit for you.

Quote from: Erith Window Cleaning
i dont like the idea of cloud software as the site owners can see my company customer files, theres no gurantee that the software owners don't own a cleaning company themselves.
I'm not sure how we can "guarantee" that we're not a cleaning company, but we're not! We are a software development company and have been for many years. Fair point about security/confidentiality though - we've addressed these questions on our support forum here :-
http://www.buckitforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=5&p=56

Hope this helps!

HI mate can you please give me your email because i have just in ported all the George data and seem to have a problem with the dates thanks James

teambuckit

« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2012, 06:13:12 pm »
Certainly - it's :-
info@buckit.co.uk

We'll try to have a look later on this evening - many thanks!

H S and Son

« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2012, 06:49:49 pm »
I use Aworka at the moment and find it highly satisfactory. The only thing in general is that if I have no 3G or wifi signal on my Iphone at work I lose access to my data. Can this problem be worked round with Buckit?

Also with Buckit, do you have a running total of work produced as the week progresses?

boshravie

« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2012, 07:20:53 pm »
A video of how this soft wear working would be a good idea.

evo

« Reply #21 on: April 17, 2012, 07:42:41 pm »
I use Aworka at the moment and find it highly satisfactory. The only thing in general is that if I have no 3G or wifi signal on my Iphone at work I lose access to my data. Can this problem be worked round with Buckit?

Also with Buckit, do you have a running total of work produced as the week progresses?

Hi matt how do you find using Aworka with your mobile and dose it give you the same info that George dose thanks james

boshravie

« Reply #22 on: April 17, 2012, 07:52:53 pm »
Can you use Aworka with I Phone mat ?

Chris Cottrell

« Reply #23 on: April 17, 2012, 10:11:34 pm »
Aworka does work well on an iPhone but and its a big but there is one very big similarity to Wcp you cant pay off the debts on the mobile its only a debt list .... bit of a problem really

and I have tied to work with buckit & not so impressed really either, after not being able to import my data they did "fix it" for me but now all my jobs are due on 1/1/1990 all 1117 of them  :(  :'(

H S and Son

« Reply #24 on: April 17, 2012, 10:34:44 pm »

Hi matt how do you find using Aworka with your mobile and dose it give you the same info that George dose thanks james

I havent ever used George mate so cant comment on that, sorry.

H S and Son

« Reply #25 on: April 17, 2012, 10:36:16 pm »

Yes, you can use the full version of Aworka on an IPhone if you download the Skyfire browser app, otherwise with safari browser its real basic.

CLAPHAM

« Reply #26 on: April 17, 2012, 11:15:05 pm »
I think Buckit.co.uk has potential! I have managed to import my data from George. I had a few glitches but there support is very good.

I am not quite at the point of stopping using George altogether just yet though. I run both side by side for now.

I have tried all most of the cloud services and can't seem to get on with any of them.

I am hoping Buckit sort out all the issues out before my trial is up. It has improved alot in a short space of time......

supernova77

« Reply #27 on: April 17, 2012, 11:53:04 pm »
now all my jobs are due on 1/1/1990 all 1117 of them

Better get your time machine van out the garage!  ;)

boshravie

« Reply #28 on: April 18, 2012, 07:10:26 am »

Yes, you can use the full version of Aworka on an IPhone if you download the Skyfire browser app, otherwise with safari browser its real basic.

Hi mat, yes I downloaded the skyfire to my I phone now, so what do I do now to get the aworka on there?

H S and Son

« Reply #29 on: April 18, 2012, 09:14:58 am »

teambuckit

« Reply #30 on: April 18, 2012, 12:00:13 pm »
now all my jobs are due on 1/1/1990 all 1117 of them

Better get your time machine van out the garage!  ;)

Don't worry - the DeLorean can stay in the garage!!! ;)

We have come across this problem before when importing data from George. If you do experience this issue, please email us your George export file (info@buckit.co.uk) and we'll be happy to fix it for you and import it into your database.

Many thanks!

evo

« Reply #31 on: April 18, 2012, 03:44:32 pm »
Aworka does work well on an iPhone but and its a big but there is one very big similarity to Wcp you cant pay off the debts on the mobile its only a debt list .... bit of a problem really

and I have tied to work with buckit & not so impressed really either, after not being able to import my data they did "fix it" for me but now all my jobs are due on 1/1/1990 all 1117 of them  :(  :'(

Hi chris just emailed them because i have the same problem with the dates saying 01/01/1900 the titanic sank in 1912 so i not that old lol.

evo

« Reply #32 on: April 18, 2012, 08:04:55 pm »
HI guys have just had email back from support team and they have put the dates right. i have also tried it on my Samsung s2 and it works a treat so thanks very much to the buckit support team and there customer service

stuart mc

« Reply #33 on: April 18, 2012, 08:21:51 pm »
If I post my little black book and pencil can you decipher it and import my data that way?

evo

« Reply #34 on: April 18, 2012, 08:33:20 pm »
If I post my little black book and pencil can you decipher it and import my data that way?

lol ;D ;D ;D

H S and Son

« Reply #35 on: April 18, 2012, 11:43:12 pm »
Have exported a CSV file from Aworka and tried to import it into Buckit, but nothing is showing as imported data, nought, nothing, zilch, nada.

??? ???

Any ideas please guys.

Also when I try to log in to Buckit on Safari on the iPhone it says Unknown Username but I can log in to my account on my pc 

??? ???

Any ideas please guys.

CLAPHAM

« Reply #36 on: April 19, 2012, 07:42:30 am »
I had the same problem for a bit. I could login on the computer but I couldn't login on my phone.

I had put a space after username.

Delete the space and I can now login no problem.  :)

Chris Cottrell

« Reply #37 on: April 19, 2012, 12:31:16 pm »
I had the same problem for a bit. I could login on the computer but I couldn't login on my phone.

I did that too

although I havent gone any further with it tbh but then we have now done soo much more work since the first csv file its all out of date now

we would have to start all over again

:( :(

evo

« Reply #38 on: April 19, 2012, 03:50:45 pm »

I did that too

hi Chris i set all mine up last night all was well till i come to use the mobile version today and i could not log in so let me down big time. i think i will have to look else where  because there are to many problems with it at the mo  james

although I havent gone any further with it tbh but then we have now done soo much more work since the first csv file its all out of date now

we would have to start all over again

:( :(

teambuckit

Re: Buckit.co.uk New
« Reply #39 on: April 19, 2012, 05:32:09 pm »
Quote from: Chris Cottrell
we would have to start all over again :(

Hi Chris - just to let you know that we fixed the issues with the George import routine - this means that you can do an export from George (of all your latest data) and then import it yourself - there's no need to send us the CSV as file it should work right away.

Here are some instructions :-
http://www.buckitforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=11

I've cleared out your database for you too Chris (which has removed all the previously imported records with the wrong dates) so you should be ready to give it another go if you wish to?

In case anyone else is interested, we've also added an import feature for Aworka so you can now import your Aworka CSV into Buckit too.

Hope this helps!